• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Man I forgot how intense it is being a tank!
People get proper stressy even after I explain to them ive come back to playing recently and that Im not super familiar with troll zones.

Annoyingly dont have the dps gear to run it that way first, so I read up as much as I could and still had people getting annoyed about the speed or whatever, I havent even really got a proper grasp on the Zulaman layout yet either!

Is there a two hander upgrade in either zone? I feel like my Deadmines Mace is not cutting it :/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Man I forgot how intense it is being a tank!
People get proper stressy even after I explain to them ive come back to playing recently and that Im not super familiar with troll zones.

Annoyingly dont have the dps gear to run it that way first, so I read up as much as I could and still had people getting annoyed about the speed or whatever, I havent even really got a proper grasp on the Zulaman layout yet either!

Is there a two hander upgrade in either zone? I feel like my Deadmines Mace is not cutting it :/

Jeklik's Smasher from Z'G and Reforged Trollbane from Z'A.

You only need to kill 2 of the 4 bosses in both instances to unlock the final boss, so I'm not sure how many are going to want to do the timed run so you can try to get the Reforged Trollbane from the third chest.

Ok, cheers :)
Yeah people kept chatting about skipping bosses, havent yet though (not that it helps with me gearing up!!) and the timed run im not really sure whats involved with that?

Not done ZG yet as I've not had the chance but from what ive read it seems more complex? or maybe thats just me being really rusty.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If i were you, i wouldnt worry too much about ZG or ZA as you'll pretty much just queue for the Hour of Twilight heroics once you have an average item lvl of 353. ZG bosses are indeed a little more complex, which could be even more stressful as a tank.

But yeah, people tend to expect perfection from tanks, which is pretty annoying for new ones. Even if your dps gear is terrible, its at least better to learn new instances like that than as a tank, especially in pugs where patience is barely present.

bjb

Banned
How long is the current raid tier expected to remain? I haven't played since Firelands, but some guy's in Swtor were saying it'll be a few more months until any new content.

Confirm or deny?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How long is the current raid tier expected to remain? I haven't played since Firelands, but some guy's in Swtor we're saying it'll be a few more months until any new content.

Confirm or deny?

Well, considering that Blizzard said Dragon Soul was the last raid content before the next expansion(they could still add a one boss raid like they did with WOTLK, who knows), and that the public beta of Mist of Pandaria haven't started yet...yes, quite a "few" more months indeed.

strafer

Panda mount.

7295.world-of-warcraft-mists.1024.640.4.48640.jpg

markot

Banned
They really need to pump up the pace with the patches..... I mean, cmon.

That is the thing that is killing them the most.

Rokam

I still think the chair with the gold fish in a ball was the best panda mount idea. Why did you shelve that blizzard :(.

Is there a point of getting back into WoW right now? I stopped playing when I leveled a char to 85 cause I just got bored when my guild broke up. I probably have awful gear now. Is there a way I can catch up and cool guilds to join? I'm largely considering getting back into WoW to keep me entertained for guild wars 2.

Magnus

They really need to pump up the pace with the patches..... I mean, cmon.

That is the thing that is killing them the most.

Agreed.

Nothing new till Pandaria is going to murder this game. I still don't see how it'll hit any sooner than September or October.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
/everygamingthread

It's not the racial mount though. It's just one mount they're adding in MoP. The racial hasn't been talked about yet.

Is there a point of getting back into WoW right now? I stopped playing when I leveled a char to 85 cause I just got bored when my guild broke up. I probably have awful gear now. Is there a way I can catch up and cool guilds to join? I'm largely considering getting back into WoW to keep me entertained for guild wars 2.
Depending upon your server you might get benched a lot if too many people want the slot. Finding a serious guild probably would involve transferring servers.

You can always level up multiple characters.

Depending upon your server you might get benched a lot if too many people want the slot. Finding a serious guild probably would involve transferring servers.

You can always level up multiple characters.

Do you think that WoW is too time consuming for a university student?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Do you think that WoW is too time consuming for a university student?
I know a guy that got a masters degree a year ago and has played wow with his friends off and on the past 5 years. You can get to a point where you only raid a few hours 2-3 days a week and it not effect life hard.

Some of his friends got too addicted tho.

zulfate

Well its official. I'm gonna get back into WoW. Any Gafers play on Arthas? I got an 85 Horde and a 64 alliance on the server.

haha i started wow because the wait for gw2 is murder. i wouldnt mind playing with a fellow gaffer a few times, send me a PM with your characters name and faction. i will make a character on your server sometime next week.

Sarcasm

GUYS!

FOr the most part you can group up and do Heroics and LFR with real ids, no need to reroll. So lets PM each other info.

I have 85 horde and such. But I do want to roll a healer at some point.

I wish they would hurry up and add battletags. I don't mind giving out my RealID but it becomes a pain to keep track of where I am giving it out. Feel free to PM me though to exchange.

I'm Alliance fwiw.

Alchemy

The Vita launch as disrupted my alt leveling, but my shaman has finally crawled up to level 51. Slowly slowly. I think all my alliance alts are back at full rest which is going to be a pain to burn through.

I'm about 3 weeks into a resub after not playing since a little bit after the Firelands patch. When I first came back, it was in the middle of Love is in the Air and Darkmoon Faire, so I had a lot of dailies to do along with 3 new Heroics, Raid Finder, and a bunch of gear to get. Now Love is in the Air is done, Darkmoon Faire is gone, I killed Deathwing on my Rogue and Hunter, and I have all the gear I needed from the Heroics for both my Hunter and Rogue. All I really have left is Raid Finder upgrades.

I really like the way Darkmoon Faire has been implemented. I would like to see more things like this. Just different stuff to do for money, pets, and mounts that aren't your usual kill a bunch of shit dailies. I thought they were going to do more of this stuff when they hired the guy from PopCap and then I saw Gallywix's Golf course place in Azhara, but then they never did anything with that. Maybe some other thing that comes by once a month would be cool too.

I also liked the new Heroics. I wish they did more stuff like this. I mean they have dragon aspects, boss versions of faction leaders, Illidan, Malfurion, Tirande, Thrall, characters people actually care about.

Raid Finder is cool, but people have to ruin it by being assholes and rolling on shit they don't need just because they can and starting boss fights before people can rez or even roll on loot.

Ramirez

Anyone have a scroll of resurrection they can shoot my way?

My buddy tried to send me one but it said service unavailable, is there a reason I wouldn't be able to do it?

Anyone have a scroll of resurrection they can shoot my way?

My buddy tried to send me one but it said service unavailable, is there a reason I wouldn't be able to do it?

They did away with the service a few weeks ago. It sounds like they're going to do something different with it soon, maybe with Pandaria.

Ramirez

They did away with the service a few weeks ago. It sounds like they're going to do something different with it soon, maybe with Pandaria.

Oh, weird, it's still on the account page.

It says the person has to have not played in 90 days anyways, and my friend was using my account in Jan. So I guess I wouldn't be eligible...

I wish they would hurry up and add battletags. I don't mind giving out my RealID but it becomes a pain to keep track of where I am giving it out. Feel free to PM me though to exchange.

I'm Alliance fwiw.

Yeah, I am excited for Battletags as it means a wider pool of people to play with without having to deal with more personal information. Especially great for GAF since as a whole we're pretty fragmented.

Still would like a X free or discounted character transfers granted over Y period of time (or discounts for bulk transfers) sort of policy, but you take what you can get.

Sarcasm

Yeah, I am excited for Battletags as it means a wider pool of people to play with without having to deal with more personal information. Especially great for GAF since as a whole we're pretty fragmented.

Still would like a X free or discounted character transfers granted over Y period of time (or discounts for bulk transfers) sort of policy, but you take what you can get.

In terms of WoW this won't help fragmentation. Also username I always use doesn't fit with its stupid short character limit. CarbonatedFalcon is too long also.

6-12 characters. Going to have to use this username. I also still suspect you will still see the person you added friends and whatnot. Only thing this will do is not show your full name.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
In terms of WoW this won't help fragmentation.

Yeah it will. it will definitely help fragmentation. There will be a lot of people trading battletags while virtually none trade realids. It just wont solve it until you can do current raids because money stands in the way of us and them.

I got my Hunter to 85 on Area 52 on Sunday afternoon! I couldn't afford the prices for the vicious pieces on the AH so I had to do some gearing the hard way. I made it a goal to try to get into an LFR before the reset and I missed that by 5 minutes. Blerg. So so close.

Sarcasm

Yeah it will. it will definitely help fragmentation. There will be a lot of people trading battletags while virtually none trade realids. It just wont solve it until you can do current raids because money stands in the way of us and them.
Basically can end this fragmentation right now if we were not afraid of everybody knowing real names.

It still would be since we be limited to lfr. When we can create guilds cross realm than fragmentation will be non existent.

Just because we want nobody to see email and names doesn't hide the fact we are still on different servers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Basically can end this fragmentation right now if we were not afraid of everybody knowing real names.

It still would be since we be limited to lfr. When we can create guilds cross realm than fragmentation will be non existent.

Just because we want nobody to see email and names doesn't hide the fact we are still on different servers.
I still don't think you understand the difference between helping fragmentation and solving/ending it.

Sarcasm

The only difference with battle tag in terms of wow is no real names. We could do what it does currently. Just with names.

I am excited for the tags even though I can't use my handle I use for everything due to stupid character limit and you can't change it after choosing one. Its needed. Though they should have earlier with sc2. Though current system still allows me to see and talk to them with real id.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got my Hunter to 85 on Area 52 on Sunday afternoon! I couldn't afford the prices for the vicious pieces on the AH so I had to do some gearing the hard way. I made it a goal to try to get into an LFR before the reset and I missed that by 5 minutes. Blerg. So so close.

Oh hi

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The only difference with battle tag in terms of wow is no real names. We could do what it does currently. Just with names.

I am excited for the tags even though I can't use my handle I use for everything due to stupid character limit and you can't change it after choosing one. Its needed. Though they should have earlier with sc2. Though current system still allows me to see and talk to them with real id.
Yeah, we could but we don't and pretty much wont. We will with battletags tho.

I have different handles fr many things. Some you can't even really say.

I need something new to stick with, especially since I'm getting on twitch.tv a lot.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The GAF guild is there but it doesn't have much steam.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449531
It'll probably be pushed for MOP hype.

Yeah I haven't touched my rogue there in a month atleast, didn't really find it as enjoyable as I thought I would.

On the plus side, Keeblerdrow got into my LFR run some how last night on Hagara, I added him to RealID to do the back off and he got the bow off Madness!

Sarcasm

Yeah I haven't touched my rogue there in a month atleast, didn't really find it as enjoyable as I thought I would.

On the plus side, Keeblerdrow got into my LFR run some how last night on Hagara, I added him to RealID to do the back off and he got the bow off Madness!

He linked it in guild chat =D

Loxley

Hey guys, random tech support question.

For the last week or so I've been unable to log into my battle.net account. Every time I login I get a "login failed" message. I have an authenticator tied to my account and I've tried to reset my password at least three times with no success of being able to log in. No matter what I do I get the same "login failed" error.

I'd submit a ticket to Blizzard about it, but the problem is you have to log into battle.net to do that...which I can't. Any ideas? Should I just call their tech support?

Top Bottom