• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

***NeoGAF: BELIEVE*** - The OFFICIAL NeoGAF Guild For World of Warcraft

Pollux

EDIT ANNOUNCEMENT: WE HAVE A MUMBLE SERVER THANKS TO ISAYFEVER. SAY THANKS TO HIM IF YOU GET A CHANCE. INFORMATION POSTED BELOW:

MUMBLE INFORMATION:​
Main server: IP = 69.175.99.202 and port = 3347
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
NeoGAF Thread: Click Here

Guild Information:
<NeoGAF Believe>
Ranks are GAF Platinum, GAF Gold, GAF Silver, GAF Bronze and Denis Dyack. They'll change as we get organized.

Realm & Faction:
Area 52 (PvE) Horde

Goal of the guild:
To collect NeoGAF members in one place in this game, for now. We don't have raiding goals, we don't have PvP intentions. Right now it's a leveling guild and we are all starting out fresh.

Keeblerdrow has a level 75 toon he's using to get the guild set up with everything it needs from bank tabs to anything else else we'll need money for. Once the guild is established he's going to re-roll from lvl 1 just like the rest of us.

Come to this server for a fresh start over with your fellows from NeoGAF. Roll a level 1. No heirlooms shipped in from another server, no money but what we earn. It's scary, I know. I'm turning my back on quite a bit of comfort myself.

We have no officer structure yet. We will figure that out once we start getting to a position where we'll need leadership. It'll be all based on reliability and responsibility. For now, everyone in the guild can invite and everyone has access to the one guild bank page I've got. No guild repairs, but once we get the guild tax up and running and we build a base of money, we can turn them on. I'm gonna try to be as democratic about this as we can be.

Also, a note on Death Knights: If you must roll one that's fine but realize you'll have a 55 level head start on pretty much everyone else who will be starting with you. If that isn't an issue and you're OK waiting for people to level up (with the exception of Isayfever whose tearing through lvls) then go for it.

Roster for the guild:
keeblerdrow (WoW - Eatpraymoo --> Tauren Paladin)
zmoney (WoW - Aederick --> Undead Warlock)
zmoney (WoW - Lanleron --> Blood Elf Mage)
Somnia (WoW - Falundir -->
Isayfever (WoW - Isayfever --> Troll Druid)
Bisnic (WoW - Nomoojoke --> Tauren Death Knight)
Kintaro (WoW - Darshim --> Tauren Shaman)
Ladien (WoW - Ladien --> Troll Hunter)
Azwethinkweiz (WoW - Ilriel --> Blood Elf Mage)
Sai-kun (WoW - Sanxion --> Blood Elf Rogue)
Alucrid (WoW - Alucrid --> Blood Elf Rogue)
McNei1y (WoW - Clippard --> Troll Druid)
bunbun777 (WoW - Bunbunny --> Blood Elf Mage)
Rambaldi (WoW - Holyzord --> Tauren Paladin)
Andiie (WoW - Eniek --> Blood Elf Paladin)
echoshifting (WoW - Moldybones --> Undead Warrior)
echoshifting (WoW - Zekko --> Troll Warlock)
unluckyhat (WoW - Moscyn --> Goblin Shaman)
maxcer0081 (WoW - Brazwar --> Orc Warlock)
iirate (WoW - Tileni --> Goblin Priest)
Loxley (WoW - Corncrispies --> Undead Hunter)
Loto (WoW - Kungruon --> Tauren Paladin)
CarbonatedFalcon (WoW - Ontologic --> Tauren Warrior)
CarbonatedFalcom (WoW - Ochrean --> Tauren Druid)
Chonus (WoW - Sarahconnor --> Orc Hunter)
Agkel (WoW - Blitzkrieg --> Troll Warlock)
Marjorine (WoW - Marjorine --> Goblin Shaman)
G-Fex (WoW - Razorbladed --> Undead Warlock)
Artadius (WoW - Vendiel --> Goblin Priest)
Negator (WoW - Nagetor --> Goblin Shaman)
Ciaossu (WoW - Ciaossu --> Orc Warrior)
iamblades (WoW - lisandsong --> Blood Elf Paladin)
yukonrye (WoW - Mingus --> Goblin Hunter)
nataku (WoW - Vorthor --> Undead Mage)
Berordn (WoW - Berordn --> Troll Priest)
Kurashima (WoW - Backes --> Orc Shaman)
Kurashima (WoW - Denmar --> Troll Druid)
Tamanon (WoW - Tamanon --> Tauren Paladin)
Deputy Moonman (WoW - Brazenhussy --> Blood Elf Paladin)
killthekampers (WoW - Droodtard --> Tauren Druid)
Cisce (WoW - Cisce --> Undead Warlock)
Cisce (WoW - Wirefist --> Blood Elf Priest)
Peixe (WoW - Peixe --> Orc Mage)

*If I have your information wrong PM me, If you're not on the roster and should be then PM me.

See y'all out there.

***This thread is a work in progress.

I came to this thread with great expectations to roll a new toon in the company of the GAFzors! No luck, since I'm across the pound!

Good luck anyhow!

nataku

If I actually stick it out past my free 14 days Blizzard gave me to return to the game I'll join up. My main from when I played before (85 Druid) was already on Area 52 and had a Goblin alt from back before I quit too, though I have no issue starting over. Been too long since I last played seriously.

Hopefully the guild lasts that long, lol. I remember the other times we tried this and the guild died after a month, if that.

Berordn

nataku said:
If I actually stick it out past my free 14 days Blizzard gave me to return to the game I'll join up. My main from when I played before (85 Druid) was already on Area 52 and had a Goblin alt from back before I quit too, though I have no issue starting over. Been too long since I last played seriously.
Same boat here, if the free time gets me in the right mood I'd love to transfer my priest or roll a new one to play with GAFfers. Haven't raided since the beginning of ICC and I'd love to jump in on that again if there's a good core.

McNei1y

nataku said:
Hopefully the guild lasts that long, lol. I remember the other times we tried this and the guild died after a month, if that.

lol yea the MOTD says something like "I give this a month..."

I would probably stick around since I don't have time to raid on my main anymore because of work and such. Pretty much just have time for messing around on an alt. My roommate and I did just create new Dwarves a few days ago so not sure who I'd stick to. I'd like to get him to come here even though hes not a GAF member. Its just easier to stick with one alt than two.

Pollux

McNei1y said:
lol yea the MOTD says something like "I give this a month..."

I would probably stick around since I don't have time to raid on my main anymore because of work and such. Pretty much just have time for messing around on an alt. My roommate and I did just create new Dwarves a few days ago so not sure who I'd stick to. I'd like to get him to come here even though hes not a GAF member. Its just easier to stick with one alt than two.

The "I give this a month..." is keeblerdrow making a joke i think b/c that's how long the last few GAF guilds lasted.

Have him apply to GAF lol. We'll try and figure something out if that's the only thing on your mind.

nataku said:

I think this will last because the main goal is as a casual guild and if a group of members decide to raid then they can raid, if a group decides eventually to just roll around and do pokemon battles they can do that...

The main idea is that if we can get enough GAFers then within the guild then people can do what they want and coordinate with who they want. But having all the GAFers in one guild would just make that easier.

theDeeDubs

I just resubbed so I'll try and join you guys. Once the expansion hits I'm probably going Alliance though :p. I've wanted to play a Human Monk since vanilla.

vid

What, no, Blizzard just sent me another 14 day trial, don't do this to me, I don't have time or money for this. D:

nice, just seen this in the WoW thread. i have a whole mess of characters already on proudmoore but im willing to hit up a new realm with gaf brethren.

ill send an guild request when i decide on a race/class

Pollux

maxcer0081 said:
nice, just seen this in the WoW thread. i have a whole mess of characters already on proudmoore but im willing to hit up a new realm with gaf brethren.

ill send an guild request when i decide on a race/class

Negator said:
Fuck. It's amazing how Blizzard always gets my fucking money :(

Installing wow.

Sounds good guys. Glad to have y'all aboard. When you decide on a name/race/class shoot me a PM and I'll add you to the roster.

IsayFever

My fucking lucky day. While questing in Dustwallow I've now looted THREE DARK WHELPLINGS. Money problems are gone

Also, hit 40. 45 levels to go :<

notworksafe

I'm going to be laid up with an injury for 3 months so I'm considering resubbing out of boredom.

Maybe I'll join up with an alt since all but one of my characters are on A52 anyway.

zmoney said:
I think this will last because the main goal is as a casual guild and if a group of members decide to raid then they can raid, if a group decides eventually to just roll around and do pokemon battles they can do that...
This is the best idea. I made the mistake of opening up my more serious guild to GAF members and it was more of a headache than it was worth IMO.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The game is slowly becoming less and less raid focused(even more with the next expansion now) compared to past years and past attempts of making a GAF guild, so yeah...maybe this casual one will survive.

notworksafe

Sad but true. I miss the old big, coordinated, raid focused WoW. That's one of the main reasons I quit in the first place.

That and a desire to play games that weren't WoW, which is hard to do when deep into the game :D

The idea of coming back and fiddling around with the game does sound appealing now that I suddenly have a ton of free time. Might as well start the 5000 hour download of content now, I suppose.

Negator

Made a Goblin Shaman, name is Nagetor (Yeah, bursting with originality, I know) if you want to add it to the list

Entropia

No One Remembers
The casual thing will work. Hell, if we have like a bunch of us that wanna raid we can pop into the LFR together... and if we have enough do 10s or whatever.

Pollux

Drkirby said:
Did you have to give this topic the eye catching title, it bugs me :/
lol, that's the point.

Entropia said:
The casual thing will work. Hell, if we have like a bunch of us that wanna raid we can pop into the LFR together... and if we have enough do 10s or whatever.
That's what I was thinking. People can do what they want, there aren't going to any mandated things that people will have to do.

What the idea is that if we can have all the GAFers in one place then from there they can organize between themselves or in this thread events, pvp, fishing competitions, eventually raids, etc. If people want to be hardcore about raiding then they can, if people just want to quest and do rated BG then they can do that.

It's just easier if we're all in one place. Then when Pandaria hits if people want we can all do that stuff together.

Right now there's nothing set in stone, its mainly up to the members to determine what happens.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
zmoney said:
lol, that's the point
The point is to bug me? We don't need every topic to have a fun way to catch the eye, if every topic did it, it would look like crap. I mean, the Starcraft and MvC 3 have eye catchers, but they are more to make it easier to find the topic when parsing, not to jump out at people.

Pollux

Loxley said:
To my knowledge literally anybody in the guild can invite at the moment.
I think that's correct but keeblerdrow if you can't invite people then PM keeblerdrow and he'll set it up so you can.

Sai-kun

Banned
Reposting because this funny thing is always funny.

6WXr5.jpg

Magnus

Wow, if the OP is any indication, there is a total lack of priests! Alas, the class I discovered in late vanilla that I realized was my favorite, and my main right till I quit.

I'm....super-tempted to resub, join this new guild (most of my friends I played/raided with back in the day have all moved on to other games or guilds), and represent my class! I actually have two priests, one at 85 and one at 80 (I rerolled human before race changes, haha), and it'd probably be insane to do the class all over again, although things have changed a lot, and I've yet to see the new Cata 1-60.

McNei1y

My roommate signed up to GAF with the name Chonus. His character is Sarahconnor... an Orc Hunter. He doesn't have an active account yet but since him and I were trying to level together, this is the best option.

Top Bottom