• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

***NeoGAF: BELIEVE*** - The OFFICIAL NeoGAF Guild For World of Warcraft

McNei1y

I'm a huge fan of making new toons. I play my main for a good period of time but that wears off so fast. I enjoy the progress, the zones, and the awaiting new abilities to try, even if I've made every toon at least three times. Going a different route with a spec is actually pretty good too.

notworksafe

Always been a fan of A52. Best server out there for Horde imo.

Made a Goblin Warrior so I'll probably bug someone for an invite before too long.

McNei1y

Negator said:
Are friends of GAFfers welcome?

I was asking this earlier and was told to suggest to them to apply to the site. That's what I had Sarahconnor do. IMO, friends shouldn't be neglected since they aren't totally random but it wont hurt to have them apply to the site anyway.

Exactly. Actively encourage anyone interested in the guild to check out the forums first. This needs to be kept in-community, but that doesn't stop anyone that's interested from joining the community. This ain't no SomethingAwful.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I play Eniek, holy pally.

McNei1y said:
I'm a huge fan of making new toons. I play my main for a good period of time but that wears off so fast. I enjoy the progress, the zones, and the awaiting new abilities to try, even if I've made every toon at least three times. Going a different route with a spec is actually pretty good too.

Me too. At the start of the year I rerolled on a pvp server 'cause I was sick of max level play. I decided to just reroll every class and level each whenever I wanted mainly focusing on pvp and instances this time around since I used to just quest. My main goal being to twink at 70 since it has it's own little community.
I also made it my goal to play any spec I haven't played before + any heal specs.

I level through zones, pvp, instances then every 9th level I lock xp and then focus on anything I haven't done and try and get bis gear at that level. Then unlock, pvp to ding and continue the process.

The thing I like about pvp servers is it adds an interesting element where in a sense you need to keep your gear in check so I try and keep that as high as I can. Going bis is just the asshole in me wanting to punish anyone wanting to attack me. Pve servers you can just ignore gear.

I've put in 23 days played over this year. My DK is the only 70 and all other classes are 30-49.
I've got every profession, 3k gold (little of that has come from DK) 1k+ HKs on all chars etc It's not all that impressive but it's taken some time.

Seriously as stupid as it sounds it's the most fun I've had in WoW lol.
It's all a little obsessive and pointless but I wanted to prolong the leveling process.

iamblades

I'm lisandsong, blood elf holy paladin.

Got to 15, did a bunch of tradeskills, planning on hitting the dungeon finder hard tomorrow and get some levels and stuff.

Horde auction house on this server is massive, taking forever to get my first baseline scan done.

Pollux

Andiie said:
I play Eniek, holy pally.

Me too. At the start of the year I rerolled on a pvp server 'cause I was sick of max level play. I decided to just reroll every class and level each whenever I wanted mainly focusing on pvp and instances this time around since I used to just quest. My main goal being to twink at 70 since it has it's own little community.
I also made it my goal to play any spec I haven't played before + any heal specs.

I level through zones, pvp, instances then every 9th level I lock xp and then focus on anything I haven't done and try and get bis gear at that level. Then unlock, pvp to ding and continue the process.

The thing I like about pvp servers is it adds an interesting element where in a sense you need to keep your gear in check so I try and keep that as high as I can. Going bis is just the asshole in me wanting to punish anyone wanting to attack me. Pve servers you can just ignore gear.

I've put in 23 days played over this year. My DK is the only 70 and all other classes are 30-49.
I've got every profession, 3k gold (little of that has come from DK) 1k+ HKs on all chars etc It's not all that impressive but it's taken some time.

Seriously as stupid as it sounds it's the most fun I've had in WoW lol.
It's all a little obsessive and pointless but I wanted to prolong the leveling process.

That's what I started doing on alts on the other server because I enjoyed the journey so much more than the destination lol. However, maybe this time with GAFers it will be different and I'll get more into endgame content if enough people want to do it. for the moment though i'm just enjoying the fact that so many people have signed up.

McNei1y

zmoney said:
That's what I started doing on alts on the other server because I enjoyed the journey so much more than the destination lol. However, maybe this time with GAFers it will be different and I'll get more into endgame content if enough people want to do it. for the moment though i'm just enjoying the fact that so many people have signed up.

That's pretty much why I'm looking forward to this. I've never really been part of a "leveling" guild where pretty much all of the characters are around the same level and are active. Its fun to see.

Entropia

No One Remembers
McNei1y said:
That's pretty much why I'm looking forward to this. I've never really been part of a "leveling" guild where pretty much all of the characters are around the same level and are active. Its fun to see.

Word. I'm hopping I can put a bit more time into it tonight for funsies

Pollux

Entropia said:
Word. I'm hopping I can put a bit more time into it tonight for funsies
Same here. School's killing me right now, so I might not be able to really play till the weekend.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hope we can get some more sweet guild dungeon leveling going on so we can have fun leveling up the guild. =D

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just a heads up for anyone interested, I'm currently leveling Inscription and as everyone gets access to glyphs at level 25 I'm sure there will be a lot of you wanting to make use of them when they unlock.

I've put half a dozen glyphs in the guild bank already and I'll continue to put more and more in as I accumulate them leveling rather than selling them off.

I'm currently only at skill 101 so choices are slim but know that my services are there if anyone wants to save their precious gold. As long as it doesn't put me out any, glyphs I can make will be FREE to all guildies.

When you log in, click the guild icon (press J), choose the roster tab then change the drop down list at the top to Professions, scroll down to Inscription and click Eniek. A profession window should pop up and you can browse what I have available.

Right now it'd be easier for me to gather mats if any requests are for glyphs that use midnight ink as they're easier to obtain for my level range for now.

Mail any requests you have to me, ENIEK, and I'll try and get to any as soon as I can. Know that I'm not one all the time so please be patient.

Loto

Andiie said:
Just a heads up for anyone interested, I'm currently leveling Inscription and as everyone gets access to glyphs at level 25 I'm sure there will be a lot of you wanting to make use of them when they unlock.

I've put half a dozen glyphs in the guild bank already and I'll continue to put more and more in as I accumulate them leveling rather than selling them off.

I'm currently only at skill 101 so choices are slim but know that my services are there if anyone wants to save their precious gold. As long as it doesn't put me out any, glyphs I can make will be FREE to all guildies.

When you log in, click the guild icon (press J), choose the roster tab then change the drop down list at the top to Professions, scroll down to Inscription and click Eniek. A profession window should pop up and you can browse what I have available.

Right now it'd be easier for me to gather mats if any requests are for glyphs that use midnight ink as they're easier to obtain for my level range for now.

Mail any requests you have to me, ENIEK, and I'll try and get to any as soon as I can. Know that I'm not one all the time so please be patient.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Thanks!

theDeeDubs

Moved over a Holy Paladin I was working on a little bit ago with some transmo gear and gold. I'll probably be dividing my time between him and a Goblin Shaman I made last night. Can everyone in the guild still invite?

Loxley

theDeeDubs said:
Moved over a Holy Paladin I was working on a little bit ago with some transmo gear and gold. I'll probably be dividing my time between him and a Goblin Shaman I made last night. Can everyone in the guild still invite?

Yep.

theDeeDubs said:

No one can /who you on the server and every time I tried to respond to your messages, the game told me your character didn't exist. I don't know what was wrong, but it was pretty weird.

I'd encourage people to not transfer their characters over. It really ruins the sense of freshness and adventure for the people rerolling if someone else is just sitting there in their comfort zone with all their cool stuff from their old server. At some point, it'll make most people think "why don't I just go back to where I had 100k gold and four 85s?" That kind of thinking will just about be the death of this guild in its current incarnation.

Magnus

It's less the gold and the feeling of being capped, and more the heirloom items and guild perks I wish I could carry over. Levelling 45% faster is just hard to give up if I'm going to start all the way from level 1. :(

That said....I've never levelled anything on Horde, and have yet to see Cataclysm 1-60. Maybe I'll give a new one a go tonight.

The one class I've never taken over 10 is Warrior. And I've always kind of wanted a Tauren. Maybe now is the time! Haha. They're fun and breezy times for levelling and soloing, yeah?

I've also always wanted a pet class, so maybe a hunter or warlock's in order. Got two at higher levels already though.... :(

theDeeDubs

keeblerdrow said:
No one can /who you on the server and every time I tried to respond to your messages, the game told me your character didn't exist. I don't know what was wrong, but it was pretty weird.

I'd encourage people to not transfer their characters over. It really ruins the sense of freshness and adventure for the people rerolling if someone else is just sitting there in their comfort zone with all their cool stuff from their old server. At some point, it'll make most people think "why don't I just go back to where I had 100k gold and four 85s?" That kind of thinking will just about be the death of this guild in its current incarnation.

The gold and twink/transmog gear is for my future monk. I will only be buying 16 slots bags for the shaman and hunter I'm making on this server.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Magnus said:
It's less the gold and the feeling of being capped, and more the heirloom items and guild perks I wish I could carry over. Levelling 45% faster is just hard to give up if I'm going to start all the way from level 1.

If endgame is your goal then yeah I'd agree, the leveling perks are awesome. However, if I do resub and level a toon for NeoBelieve then I don't want to use a single leveling perk. Leveling is almost too fast to enjoy it as it is. You outlevel gear before you even need to repair it once. You almost never complete an entire zone because halfway through it your quests are all grey. Nah, if I play the game again then I'm going to drag out the leveling process as long as possible, take my time to smell the roses, and enjoy the ride thoroughly.

Magnus said:
That said....I've never levelled anything on Horde, and have yet to see Cataclysm 1-60. Maybe I'll give a new one a go tonight.

The one class I've never taken over 10 is Warrior. And I've always kind of wanted a Tauren. Maybe now is the time! Haha. They're fun and breezy times for levelling and soloing, yeah?

I have a 83 Tauren warrior that I leveled after Cata and I enjoyed it immensely. Tanking is hella fun IMHO, and there is nothing better than a raging cow charging all over creation smashing things with his shield. The revamp of the old world makes leveling in it very fun again, and I still haven't even seen all of it yet. I leveled protection from the very start, never even got a second spec for dps, and had zero problems. It was fantastic for killing elites several levels above me and soloing group quests. The only downside to a Tauren warrior is how large Taurens are. When fighting small mobs you tend to dwarf them so much that its hard to see around the big guy, lol. Plus they can look kind of silly on some mounts.

In fact I enjoyed the warrior so much that I'd love to level another cow tank for NeoBelieve. But I won't, I'd level something that I haven't had to high levels yet.

I'm re-downloading wow back onto my computer to see how my old guild is doing. But I may have to start a new toon on Area52, so that I can enjoy some time with gaf. Are there any requirements to join?

Pollux

IsayFever said:
Once I hit 60, I'm taking the weekend off to pursue other life interests. Gonna let everybody catch up :>
Now you're just taunting me. How was your "quiet" time? lol

Deputy Moonman said:
I'm re-downloading wow back onto my computer to see how my old guild is doing. But I may have to start a new toon on Area52, so that I can enjoy some time with gaf. Are there any requirements to join?
Only requirement is to be a GAFer. Come on over

Deputy Moonman said:

Just be a member of Gaf and hate the dirty alliance.

Loxley

Deputy Moonman said:

Be awesome.

You awesome?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man, playing without heirlooms and stuff is agonizing. I've been dying far more times than I'd like to! Though, I am almost level 10 and it is WSG weekend this weekend right? :D

McNei1y

Entropia said:
Man, playing without heirlooms and stuff is agonizing. I've been dying far more times than I'd like to! Though, I am almost level 10 and it is WSG weekend this weekend right? :D

Yeah but facing people with heirlooms, especially rogues, is agonizing itself. I like playing without heirlooms.... at least for now. I've done a lot more zone quests then I would've with a lvl 25 guild and full heirlooms lol.

Berordn

McNei1y said:
Yeah but facing people with heirlooms, especially rogues, is agonizing itself. I like playing without heirlooms.... at least for now. I've done a lot more zone quests then I would've with a lvl 25 guild and full heirlooms lol.
Don't worry, we're halfway to level 1! More guild dungeons, quickly!

Artadius

Entropia said:
I didn't even know it was possible to die before level 10, heirloom gear or not!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Artadius said:
I didn't even know it was possible to die before level 10, heirloom gear or not!

Yeah, unless you aggro 6 monsters at once, how can you even die?

nataku

Well, I ended up subbing for 6 months. I enjoyed Silverpine Forest a ton.

Vorthor, Undead mage. I'll try sending a few tells to people for an invite tonight or this weekend.

aktham

I'll probably join and start a new toon in A52 with you gaffers once 4.3 is out. I already made a few name holders on a basic account there lol. I've always played a Paladin, which class is underplayed in this guild?

aktham said:
I'll probably join and start a new toon in A52 with you gaffers once 4.3 is out. I already made a few name holders on a basic account there lol. I've always played a Paladin, which class is underplayed in this guild?

Same that is underplayed everywhere, I would guess. Priest and Warlock.

McNei1y

aktham said:

I can tell you what isnt: Druid, Pally, Shaman.

I think I've only seen one mage on though. So maybe a mage.

edit: nevermind I've seen a few mages. It doesn't really matter though. Probably any clothy or leather wearer seems fine.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bought Battlefield 3, so i might let my DK rot(lol) a little more until most of you guys are in Outlands.

Berordn

aktham said:
You could always try out a Warrior, not terribly different and there's not too many of those in the guild yet either.

aktham

Berordn said:
You could always try out a Warrior, not terribly different and there's not too many of those in the guild yet either.

I think I might just do a warrior or a hunter. I'll just transfer my 85 tank paladin along with the heirlooms to make leveling easier. I can also do power leveling/heroic grind for all of those that need it.

Edit: Well, crap I signed up for the D3 deal, because I was going to buy D3 anyway and now I'm gonna have WoW for 1 year.

I'm guess my old guild disbanded. I'll transfer later tonight or something.

Meier

This sounds like a fun idea. I would join in if I still played.. maybe after the new year when there is a lull I'll give it a go.

McNei1y

I like how a lot of people in this thread said they will subscribe at a later time and join... then they post that same day/week and say they have subbed and are making a toon. I mean I did that about two weeks ago when I was talking to my roommate about rerolling.

Pollux

McNei1y said:
I can tell you what isnt: Druid, Pally, Shaman.

I think I've only seen one mage on though. So maybe a mage.

edit: nevermind I've seen a few mages. It doesn't really matter though. Probably any clothy or leather wearer seems fine.
I'm rolling a mage along with the warlock. just need to add it to the roster. will be leveling them both together. So get one to 20. Get the other to 20. Get one to 25 the other to 25. Etc.

Not the most efficient way, but i'm enjoying it so far.

bunbun777

If anyone is on the fence about which class to make, there is always a need for good tanks and healers. Leveling is a whole other matter, you can level with a dps spec, but when we do get more than 10 gaffers @ 85... (I'm a mage so i completely understand if someone does not want to be tank/ heals)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
zmoney said:
I'm rolling a mage along with the warlock. just need to add it to the roster. will be leveling them both together. So get one to 20. Get the other to 20. Get one to 25 the other to 25. Etc.

Not the most efficient way, but i'm enjoying it so far.

I may be doing this with my warrior alt. I don't want the guild become filled with alts of alts so I'm just going solo. I think I'll level up through dungeons/battlegrounds on the warrior. =D Female Tauren Warrior ftw.

aktham

Well there goes 55 bucks

If you guys were Alliance, it would have only cost me 25 lol. Who do I speak with in game for an invite?

I like tanking so I'll do that with the paladin.

Top Bottom