• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst E3 moments?

(._.)

Banned
The Sony 2006 press conference was absolutely disgusting. It was around two hours long and incredibly boring like most of E3. To make things worse they really didn't show anything that made you want to buy the PS3 any time soon. At the time it was kinda cool to see Uncharted unveiled, long MGS4 cut scene and the FFXIII trailer but it really didn't mean much. The games you knew you would be playing in 2006 all fucken sucked. It was classic when they announced the price. $599 USD uh lol.

here's the video

0070_nqcgj.gif

Don Mattrick Bribes Game "Journalists" @ Microsoft's E3 2010 Press Conference

Oh God. Fuck Don Mattrick.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Nothing will ever top Sony 2006. I was third row center at that and it's one of the greatest experiences of my life. Just mythic from start to finish.

Your mistake was thinking the E3 main presentations is an important showcase to gamers that come to sites like this. It's not. Nintendo have consistently shit shows. Microsoft and Sony too. Yet they still sell tons. Coming out of the last two E3s the mainstream press showed off all the neat-o Kinect games parents could buy for their kids in the upcoming holiday season. They won. If you watch these things for anything other than the chance to see a trainwreck, you're doing it wrong. The best footage for us comes from the show floor later in the day or in the days following the insanely dreadful main show when the gaming media record footage of the games we actually care about. People that watch the main presentation and declare "so-and-so won/lost E3" are hilarious.

No need to be so cynical. I haven't had a problem with the past couple of Nintendo/Sony presentations. Mostly what I'm talking about is the presentation itself and how the content itself is shown. It needs to have a good pace that showcases in the best possible light what each company is producing. I'm not saying the cringe-worthy moments are most of E3, and I'm most definitely against declaring "winners" at E3. What I'm looking for is a presentation that doesn't devote time to terrible games that kill the pacing of the conference and insult my intelligence.

Konami 2010 > Sony 2006

Agreed. I had a few laughs at the absurdity of Sony 06, but Konami topped it perfectly.

And the thread during the conference is still my favorite moment on GAF. It wasn't all just Tak Fuji and Naoki. The black guy with the oversized suit, the luchadors, Russell Simmons. Gold.

demolitio

There's something about Don Mattrick that makes me dislike him so I'm always ready for him to show up during the MS conference, lol.

Jamie Kennedy definitely made the Activision conference even more annoying than usual. It was so sad that it became awkward to even watch as he flings out grade school jokes as if he's the cool kid.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, that takes the cake for me. I heard she was rude to Gabe Newell too, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Olivia Munn's an idiot and not even remotely as hot as her followers would lead you to believe.

The only positive thing one could say about her is that she actually has a feminine shaped chin, unlike a certain other G4 hostess...

oh jeez Nintendo 2008 was the E3 when i started talking shit and saying nobody could mess with Nintendo and it was gonna blow E3 and sony and Microsoft

haha i ate lots of crow and got bashed by my bro for a while lol

i wish i saw Nintendo 2003 because it sounds way worse, lol i would have raged

.........Nintendo will dominate this year though :p the cycle continues

sony $599 was at the top too, i was blown away when i saw that, i really never expected a game console to be $500-$599

close.

Konami E3 press conference Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM

funniest shit i have ever watched.

did they even think about how awkward,badly spoken and scruffy presented these people are to represent the entire Konami company?

jeez this was so bad, but so good to laugh at

OOOOH WHAT ARE DOING THIS AFGYGEYAG CONFIDENTIARU BLA BLA BLA

My god, the wrestlers slapping each other. Even the freaking people leading the conference were looking at them and going like "WTF ARE THEY DOING"

So good.

I made a website called 599USDollars.com where I would write articles as a Sony Defense Force for over a year. I think that qualifies Sony e3 2006 as if not that worst at least the most impactful.

Razorskin

----- ------
That microsoft conference was so bad that they had to give away slim 360s to a crowd that would've all bought one anyway.

Majmun

Wii Music demo comes to mind. The demo takes way too long and it's so bad.

The game still ended up selling in the millions though.

AutumnAve

That was arguably the greatest end of conference reveal in the history of E3, and was a real important moment between Nintendo and it's fans (yes, while their profession may be journalists etc, those were fans in the audience). The reveal carried incredible weight after the art style controversy from Wind Waker, and I don't think the reaction is embarrassing or bad. If you're a journalism student pining for strict unbiased ties between press and companies during conferences I see your point, but coming from the framing of Video Games, this was a defining moment in the GameCube's final hours and one of the Best moments of E3, and history will know it as such, your opinion not withstanding.

What? No. Here's the problem, Nintendo, or whomever, are the puppet-masters, and the enthusiast press just danced on their string. The controversial art of Wind Waker is what will propel that game, and keep it relevant for years (it looks beautiful emulated) What, I wonder, will anyone remember of Twilght Princess? That they didn't like it as well?

If you're a journalism student pining for strict unbiased ties between press and companies during conferences I see your point, but coming from the framing of Video Games, this was a defining moment in the GameCube's final hours and one of the Best moments of E3, and history will know it as such, your opinion not withstanding.

Now, this irritates me. I understand and acknowledge that the types of people who attend these things are games journalists, the enthusiasts media. Fine, be enthusiasts. But, for fucks sake..."WHOOOO YES, HE'S A GROWN UP!!!!!" "YEAAAAHHHH" To me, that represents the worst of E3.

Aww, sometimes I feel like the invisible man, pretty sure I posted that back a page or so. I'm happy as long as everybody remembers nintedojo and "etoooo, Miyamoto-sama..."

Wow, I forgot this happened waaaay back in 2001 in the lead up to GC. We're lucky to have gotten this embarassing and ultra awkward moment on film, digital media and E3 itself sure have come a long way. Is the guy who asked the question still around?

AutumnAve

Wow, I forgot this happened waaaay back in 2001 in the lead up to GC. We're lucky to have gotten this embarassing and ultra awkward moment on film, digital media and E3 itself sure have come a long way. Is the guy who asked the question still around?

The website is still around, however, what made it an absolute riot was the "correspondents" of nintendojo.com were running around in rising sun headbands. lol.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
close.

Konami E3 press conference Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM

funniest shit i have ever watched.

did they even think about how awkward,badly spoken and scruffy presented these people are to represent the entire Konami company?

jeez this was so bad, but so good to laugh at

A fat David Arquette and a better looking, but bald Steve Carrell. Tit slapping and head rolling, only at E3.

I'm not going to lie, when I heard $599, I was choking on the enemy crabs and ridge racing.

Red Steel fail!

Yoda

I'd say the second half of Microsoft's 2011 press conference when kids were brought on stage to look like they were hallucinating.

Top Bottom