• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Microsoft is serious about seeing if their games will sell on PlayStation-they are going to have to offer HellBlade 2, Indiana Jones, or Starfield!

Nope, I never said that. But for you to think MS would make exclusives for Sony and not put those games on XBox is Uh some very very special thinking, lol.
What are you even talking about, reread what you initially quoted, this time read it properly.

cjp

I dont care for HellBlade 2, Indiana Jones, or Starfield, give me.....
has-anyone-played-lost-odyssey-characters-designed-by-v0-94ium5d6jz6b1.jpg

There was a Kylo Ren game on the 360?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Not saying you should buy a console for just one game, but you really are doing yourself a disservice, if you have yet to play this gem.
I actually already played the game back when I still had 360, I just want to play it again on my PS5 with improve performance.

That game had performance issue especially when it used split screen cutscenes.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I actually already played the game back when I still had 360, I just want to play it again on my PS5 with improve performance.

That game performance issue especially when it used split screen cutscenes.

Playing on either of the new xboxes fixes those issues, also helps eliminate the long loads the game had for fights (on disc at least, the Xbox NXE installs back in the day helped remedy this a lot too)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Playing on either of the new xboxes fixes those issues, also helps eliminate the long loads the game had for fights (on disc at least, the Xbox NXE installs back in the day helped remedy this a lot too)
I don’t have Xbox X or S, that’s why I’m hoping for PS5 release.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Sony is not day and date on PC nor are they trending quicker or communicating they ever will

So MS is porting hi fi rush and Sea of Thieves to PS, and now it’s a foregone conclusion that every one of their games will be day one on PS. But Sony who has ported nearly every one of their games to PC, just released a hugely popular and profitable PC game the same day as ps5, and has their CEO out there talking about PC as a growth opportunity will never do day one.

200w.gif

Bigfroth

Indy or starfield would be a good metric for Xbox putting big games on other platforms. Hellblade 2 gives me Order 1886 vibes pretty but not much else.

Indy or starfield would be a good metric for Xbox putting big games on other platforms. Hellblade 2 gives me Order 1886 vibes pretty but not much else.
and I remember reading here a lot of controversy around the letterbox for the order. (a lot of people didn't even understand it) it's going to be interesting to see the discourse when the game comes out.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I know one of you didn’t just try to spin your BS into my inbox... Come on bro, that’s a sad, weak ass, attempt to externalize your Gaf console war issues 😂. It’s one thing to try to stir the pot on a thread, we can talk about it and discuss, but it’s a whole different ball game if you try to come at me through a private message.

I keep receipts (and direct messages)

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Only mid-tier games will go to PS5 or MP focused games like Grounded, Sea of Thieves. You won't see any big game like Indiana Jones showing up........maybe in a year or two.....but definitely not launch day. Sony fanboys would still cry about paying $70 for Indiana Jones a year later though.....when it's free on Game Pass.

They are coming. Anyone that thinks MS is only porting these niche games to Playstation and Switch is lying to themselves.

The bigger games will come eventually.

adamsapple

Sony is not day and date on PC nor are they trending quicker or communicating they ever will

eI44fLU.jpg

and

So MS is porting hi fi rush and Sea of Thieves to PS, and now it’s a foregone conclusion that every one of their games will be day one on PS. But Sony who has ported nearly every one of their games to PC, just released a hugely popular and profitable PC game the same day as ps5, and has their CEO out there talking about PC as a growth opportunity will never do day one.

200w.gif

friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

Last edited:

adamsapple

I had read somewhere that this was part of the conditions of the sale of Mojang. Could be wrong though.

I have read the same but only here, have asked a few users who have said this before if there is any source for it. I, personally, haven't found anything on google that verifies this in an official capacity.

Microsoft's games weren't pushing xbox hardware sales, why does anyone think there is major demand for them on PlayStation?

There are some games that I think would sell just based on the PlayStation userbase, but it depends on price and what else is available at the time.

Microsoft released games at the same time that a bunch of other games have been released. It's really bad timing to release games that people were already not that interested in in the first place.

Like HiFi Rush might sell at 5-10 bucks, but can't imagine much interest at 30. Anyone who really wanted it got it on PC or Xbox already. The game has been as cheap as 20 USD on steam. Probably would have been better off as a PS+ title. Pentiment and Grounded had no chance and I haven't seen a ton of interest in Sea of Thieves.

The only game that could have had less interest would have been Redfall.

Topher

Gold Member
I have read the same but only here, have asked a few users who have said this before if there is any source for it. I, personally, haven't found anything on google that verifies this in an official capacity.

I can't remember the post that was the basis for it, but it seemed like they backed it up. It was during all the ABK debate stuff. Too long ago to try and find it so not going to push it as factual or anything.

200w.gif

Microsoft has a history of this. They announced going PC and now it's day and date, done fairly quickly. Microsoft also doesn't have the luxury of avoiding third party status at this point given the situation Xbox finds itself in with the marketplace.

Sony has been very clear about their plans with PC - day and date for Live Service (like Helldivers 2), later for single player games. They don't want to stress their teams with having to support multiple platforms at once and they want to give their console ecosystem priority. Sony could change strategy, but that doesn't appear to be the case given that games are taking about as long as we expect them to - over 2 years generally. Maybe they hasten this pace and reduce it to a year or so, but day and date does nothing for them. Microsoft had no choice otherwise to avoid PC, and now they can't avoid PS5.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Microsoft has a history of this. They announced going PC and now it's day and date, done fairly quickly. Microsoft also doesn't have the luxury of avoiding third party status at this point given the situation Xbox finds itself in with the marketplace.

Sony has been very clear about their plans with PC - day and date for Live Service (like Helldivers 2), later for single player games. They don't want to stress their teams with having to support multiple platforms at once and they want to give their console ecosystem priority. Sony could change strategy, but that doesn't appear to be the case given that games are taking about as long as we expect them to - over 2 years generally. Maybe they hasten this pace and reduce it to a year or so, but day and date does nothing for them. Microsoft had no choice otherwise to avoid PC, and now they can't avoid PS5.

I agree Sony isn’t gonna day and date PC in the next few years but I think it will happen down the road. That was really just an exercise in pointing out how fanboy logic is retardedly inconsistent.

MS - “we are porting 4 games to Sony and Nintendo, no Starfield or Indy”

Sony fanboy - “everything from Ms will be day and date on PlayStation”

Sony CEO - “these games aren’t profitable enough and we need to expand our PC presence. Also we bought Nixxes and are already porting everything anyway.”

Sony fanboy - “day and date will never happen because…. well just because!”

wolffy66

Of course if it sells on xbox it's probably gonna sell on PS. There's more players there. I don't think anyone is even wondering if that's the case or not.

Mortisfacio

I agree Sony isn’t gonna day and date PC in the next few years but I think it will happen down the road. That was really just an exercise in pointing out how fanboy logic is retardedly inconsistent.

Sony CEO - “these games aren’t profitable enough and we need to expand our PC presence. Also we bought Nixxes and are already porting everything anyway.”

No cap 100

It's been hilarious watching people make an accusation of future plans for Microsoft based on conjecture, but refuse to apply that same logic towards Sony.

adamsapple

Their interim CEO literally said they'll expand operations on PC earlier this year, too. And as per Mat (before he deleted the tweet for getting incessant barrages over twitter for reporting it, I guess), the Steam playerbase was higher on Helldivers 2.

IMG-0053.jpg

Hudo

You think Sea of Thieves is a niche title? 😂
Yeah, some people here are weird. Sea of Thieves is the reason why Rare is still alive and actually one of the few stories of a Microsoft-made live-service game that is successful.

“PC fanboy” everything is going day and date

Sony CEO also said the ecosystem was a delicate balance, I.e., no day and date.

As long as Sony’s console is strong, unlike Microsoft, there’s no need for day and date.

Their interim CEO literally said they'll expand operations on PC earlier this year, too. And as per Mat (before he deleted the tweet for getting incessant barrages over twitter for reporting it, I guess), the Steam playerbase was higher on Helldivers 2.

IMG-0053.jpg

Helldivers 2 is live service, and they have already stated why those games are day and date because they depend on the viral effect of the largest audience day one

And do you honestly think them seeing the success will not bleed into their other projects *at all* ?

I don’t. Because the success of SP is just deferred. They get the most out of their console years first, let the devs only worry about optimizing for PS5, then get their their studio like Nixxes to do the rest.

Live service, especially unknown ip, is really dependent on day 1 traction

Astray

Gold Member
The crying over "port begging" has become more cringe-worthy than the "port begging" itself, mostly because, as you point out, the catch phrase is thrown out even when it doesn't apply.
It's not really port-begging to smugpost about ports that are already happening tbh.

Like it can be annoying yes, but they're two different things.

Chukhopops

It's not really port-begging to smugpost about ports that are already happening tbh.

But none of the ports mentioned in the OP are « already happening », it’s a simple fact.

I don’t even want to know what kind of mental backflip is required to call it anything other than port begging.

King Dazzar

But none of the ports mentioned in the OP are « already happening », it’s a simple fact.

I don’t even want to know what kind of mental backflip is required to call it anything other than port begging.
I'm not so sure about Indiana. And I mean that sincerely, not trying to stoke any flames... but we'll see!

adamsapple

I think you are confused about what port begging means. OP literally didn’t ask for any of them in their post. You are reaching.

Or are you specifically referring to the thread title? If so, that’s confusing because you quoted the content of the OP and not the thread title.

The title of the topic is part of the OP. Regardless, what a weird thing to be pedantic about lol 'it's not in the post, just the title of the post' :messenger_grinning_sweat:

You should be tarred and feathered for justifying smugposting in the first place :rolleyes:

Secondly, as Chukhopops Chukhopops mentioned, none of the games OP is asking for are 'already happening', which makes this a port-beg.

The crying over "port begging" has become more cringe-worthy than the "port begging" itself, mostly because, as you point out, the catch phrase is thrown out even when it doesn't apply.

Nah, the incessant port begging is definitely worse than telling people off for doing that.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
You should be tarred and feathered for justifying smugposting in the first place :rolleyes:
I'm not justifying it, I'm saying it's fundamentally different.

They're all happening, this is like whenever someone thinks Sony is gonna be super selective in porting things over to PC.

You don't open a genie's bottle without being prepared to go all the way, because otherwise you get the negatives of all outcomes at once (brand erosion + no port sales).

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The title of the topic is part of the OP. Regardless, what a weird thing to be pedantic about lol 'it's not in the post, just the title of the post' :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Secondly, as Chukhopops Chukhopops mentioned, none of the games OP is asking for are 'already happening', which makes this a port-beg.

Nah, the incessant port begging is definitely worse than telling people off for doing that.

That's just absurd. OP is suggesting that the current four games are not the best indicators of how well MS games would do on PlayStation and you and others turn to this knee jerk "port begging" cry when it isn't that at all. You are mischaracterizing the OP by saying the OP is "asking for" anything. He isn't. Suggesting that such a test for determining success would be better conducted using a different specific set of games is not port begging.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

Just giving a hard time 😉

Top Bottom