• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst E3 moments?

AngryMoth

Its amazing really how E3 consistently delivers so many hilarious moments. Like, you'd think one year they'd all manage to get by without any enormous fuck ups, but they never do!

why do some of you hate don mattrick so much?

I was starting to wonder if there are people that actually like Mattrick?

I watched MS's 05 e3 show and he was there as the representative from EA and he still annoyed me.

I think its that he comes across as overly cocky and a bit of a d bag but doesnt have the swagger and showmanship to pull it off like a Reggie or Peter Moore.

rouken

has he done or said anything in particular?

he comes off like someone who thinks of himself too much. like the time when he gave out those slim 360's, he makes this face that is somehow very douche.
"hey i gave you a bunch of 360, please applaude." lol moment.

but i think he's just very excited about what they're showing (kinect) and have no idea what gamers really want. (games)

The website is still around, however, what made it an absolute riot was the "correspondents" of nintendojo.com were running around in rising sun headbands. lol.

lol Hilari-bad.

How was Olivia Munn not fired for that Jaffe trainwreck?

She should have been fired for both the Jaffe interview and being a complete witch to the Twisted Metal players. It also begs the question why on earth the higher ups at the Daily Show thought she would make a worthy correspondent.

Its amazing really how E3 consistently delivers so many hilarious moments. Like, you'd think one year they'd all manage to get by without any enormous fuck ups, but they never do!

"E3: This is why we watch" TM

This years conferences have the potential to be the worst of all

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So many awesome memories.

Hopefully I'll be able to create some new ones this week in person. Imma apply for my badge today, wish me luck, fellas!

NYR

How was Olivia Munn not fired for that Jaffe trainwreck?

She had stopped showing up to work because she got The Daily Show.

Seriously. They had to have guest hosts for AOTS. And they put up with it, which is criminal, IMO.

E3 was her last official appearance on G4. Thankfully. Not to say G4 is the pinnacle of anything, but her career hasn't exactly been on fire since, the internet hate is strong with this one....

She had stopped showing up to work because she got The Daily Show.

Seriously. They had to have guest hosts for AOTS. And they put up with it, which is criminal, IMO.

E3 was her last official appearance on G4. Thankfully. Not to say G4 is the pinnacle of anything, but her career hasn't exactly been on fire since, the internet hate is strong with this one....

First I've heard of all that. Crazy.

Esiquio

Olivia Munn's career has really taken off after G4. She's in the new Aaron Sorkin show on HBO that premiers this month, and that gig on the Daily Show.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

There is something about that man that just seems untrustworthy to me, the way he presents, his attitude, it is all really off putting to me and I find it hard to watch him.
He's like that guy you always know is going to betray the rest of the characters in a film, lol.

But maybe that is just me, I generally don't have a problem with any of the Sony and Nintendo people, even when they are pretty annoying. Personally I find Jack Tretton the most amusing to watch, even though he is pretty high up being the CEO of SCEA he has a certain endearing quality on stage where he seems just as clueless as the rest of us.

Ithil

As presenters at E3 go he's an awkward smarmy git, so there's that. He never seems to have a clue what he's doing up there. It doesn't help that he's the main guy I see throughout the conference. It magnifies his presentation flaws several times. I miss Peter Moore.

Someone like Reggie, even if he's talking total BS, you listen to every damn word he says. MS's presenters for the last 3-4 years have had none of that presence or showmanship.

Plus after three MS conferences of Kinect/Natal, Mattrick's face is irreversibility linked with terrible Kinect segments.

Worst e3 moments... ALL of microsofts 2012 conference (apart from halo4, southpark, splinter cell and tomb raider).... what a snoozefest.

I think everyone should discuss Don Mattrick's sex appeal and whether or not they'd fuck him. Oh wait, that only happened with Alex Ruiz ten minutes ago because she dared to be a female presenter during an e3 conference.

I thought it was ok.

Nothing really gamer focused but no kids ether.

Definetly a transition year though. Everyone worth a damn is working on next gen stuff.

legacyzero

Banned
Seriously GAF? You cant actually tell me that this years MS conference was even close to as bad as the last two.

Sure, it was boring, but it wasn't AS BAD.

Rulza

Neo Member
Seriously GAF? You cant actually tell me that this years MS conference was even close to as bad as the last two.

I think it was probably the worst ever. At least the last two had moments you could make fun of and laugh at. This was just pure boredom all throughout.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
"Keyboards have no place in the living room" followed by the surprised look that you can use tablets for browsing... all while saying IE is something awesome.

I want to kill people.

Despite being bad they were at least rescued by being entertaining.

Being boring is worse than being bad.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Hyperbole is always the story of the day on Gaf for E3 conferences. Jaded gamers are jaded.. what can you do?

Anyhow, not sure what people expected.. but this was no where near worst E3 moments.. not even top 20.

It really hit me hard about the influence of linear, explosion filled Micheal bay shootouts with way too many QTE sequences this conference, that hurt pretty bad.

I think everyone should discuss Don Mattrick's sex appeal and whether or not they'd fuck him. Oh wait, that only happened with Alex Ruiz ten minutes ago because she dared to be a female presenter during an e3 conference.

Was she the girl who did the Wrackateers demo? She was pretty, I thought. I imagine it's not comparable because I'm personally heterosexual - I haven't commented on her looks except besides this post, but I'm sure that people weren't discrediting her - just commenting on the attractiveness of someone of the opposite sex. I'm not entirely sure if that contributes to rape culture (may be a product of oversexualization, really), but I'm really doubting it's harmful... it wouldn't be a problem for women to do the same thing, for example (see: Marvel movies, David Beckham commercials).

PSY・S;38495726 said:
Microsoft E3 Press Conference 2012.

Microsoft E3 2012 Conference.

So bad.

Worst E3 Moments?

Microsoft's E3 2012 conference.

Microsoft 2012 for sure.

I was away from GAF when watching the conference. I have more interest in Sony and Nintendo so I was hoping I wasn't just being jaded when I was watching it and thinking how bad it was. Glad to know I wasn't alone.

Ran rp

I was away from GAF when watching the conference. I have more interest in Sony and Nintendo so I was hoping I wasn't just being jaded when I was watching it and thinking how bad it was. Glad to know I wasn't alone.

Nope. From GameTrailers and circulating quickly on Tumblr:

tumblr_m53u88JjyT1qeruiuo1_400.png

Which E3 was it where Microsoft had the "audience" on stage while they were giving their keynote for the Xbox (original)? That was hilariously embarrassing. Those people were way to hype for what I recall to be rather meh announcements.

I just watched the Ubisoft E3 2012 Press Conference and it was very awkward.

They should some kick ass games, but the hosting...

Can't remember how the black chick is but she was horrible. The Jokes all fell flat, Tobuscus was there to get a paycheck and you could practically see him cringing at the stuff they scripted him to read.

Games wise it was good, everything else was bad.

Alx

Maybe it helped as a non native english speaker, but I liked the Ubi host. At least she knew how to speak and there was some life in her presentation, unlike the usual "corporate directors" who are more bland and awkward (I had the same feeling in that previous E3 when they put "Kevin Butler" on stage... more companies should hire actors for their shows).

Anyway, I usually don't have many "worst of E3" since I usually do something else or skip the video on boring/awkward moments, so they don't bother me much, but this year there was truly a moment I disliked. It wasn't an impressive one, but during the EA conf I really felt I was getting out of touch with the current market : it was all shooters, war, guns, shoot again, soldiers everywhere... It didn't help that the conference was coming right after the MS conference where I already started to get that feeling (Halo shooter, Splinter Cell shooter, Lara Croft shooter, COD shooter,...).

This has probably been mentioned before, but this cracked me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXN7vLPsDSM

Haha, found a remix in the right side panel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOpnaAZjKG4

Also I can't stop laughing at the Mr. Caffeine heavy metal remix. It's perfect!

And as far as I'm concerned, the worst moments are the best moments of E3. Because they're the things that are generally the most memorable.

I can't really say there has been many genuinely bad moments at this years E3, just a lot of "meh" moments.

Chromax

There is something about that man that just seems untrustworthy to me, the way he presents, his attitude, it is all really off putting to me and I find it hard to watch him.
He's like that guy you always know is going to betray the rest of the characters in a film, lol.

But maybe that is just me, I generally don't have a problem with any of the Sony and Nintendo people, even when they are pretty annoying. Personally I find Jack Tretton the most amusing to watch, even though he is pretty high up being the CEO of SCEA he has a certain endearing quality on stage where he seems just as clueless as the rest of us.

Maybe it's because just how rich he (his family) is?

jonno394

As the nintendo conference is the only one I watched live, I can only comment on what I saw coming out of that:

10 minute demo of a nearly year old game (when it launches)
Sing! Promo
Nintendo Land last game reveal

I was playing my vita while these things happened.

Top Bottom