• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The Show of Shows.

The Showcase of the Immortals.

The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Where superstars become legends, and legends become icons.

Ladies and gentlemen, WELCOME TO

tm2Sayr.png

HIT THE MUSIC!

THIS SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY AT 7 ET / 4PT - Available on PPV and the award-winning WWE Network!
2-HOUR PRE-SHOW AT 5 ET/ 2 PT - Hour 1 on the WWE Network, Hour 2 on USA Network

It's been one year since WrestleMania 31 where Roman Reigns tried and failed to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. So tune in this year to see if Roman Reigns can try to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship! For years fans have begged for new blood in the WWE and this year, they're giving it straight to you right in the eyes. A record 7 WWE superstars are making their WrestleMania debuts, and this could potentially be the start of a new era for the WWE
lol
. So now, on with the show!

Triple H (c) vs Roman Reigns - WWE World Heavyweight Championship
20160320143828_1.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking. "Triple H in the main event of another WrestleMania? Am I back in the 90's?" Well, a Clinton is the frontrunner for president and there's a new Shenmue game coming out, so maybe. But never mind that! He's facing Roman Reigns! The man you can relate to! The man adored by the entire WWE Universe, young and old!

JFeU6be.gif

This match has been brewing for months now, and if Roman can finally win the big one, it's obvious that AT&T Stadium will explode in jubilation. I can't wait for this one.

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar - No Holds Barred Street Fight
7kLWO26VG-8.jpg

Some people would call this the real main event of WrestleMania. They could be right. They could be wrong. You'll have to tune in this Sunday to find out!

tumblr_nopf8sF7Ew1sfgulqo2_500.gif

Will Brock Lesnar take this bitch out to Suplex City? Will Dean Ambrose use a chainsaw on this motherfucker like he's promised? Not if the PG rating will have anything to say about it!

Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell
URnot6nRi84.jpg

Yep. Shane McMahon. On a WrestleMania card. In 2016.

punchy6.gif

But this match promises some intrigue however. If Shane McMahon can do the impossible and defeat the Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell, he wins control of Monday Night Raw from the Authority. But not only that, if he wins, Undertaker can never wrestle at WrestleMania again! Can Undertaker bury the fuck out of the legendary Muy Thai Master like he did to Bray Wyatt last year? Or can Shane O'Mac overcome the odds?

Charlotte (c) vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch - Triple Threat - Divas Championship
CdXpkodWAAAxiGC.jpg

Three of the best women's wrestlers on the planet do battle for the 2nd biggest prize in the game! They tore the roof off of every arena down in NXT, now it's time to see if they can do it again on the big stage. Can Charlotte assert her dominance and retain? Will Sasha become the 3rd woman in history to win the NXT & WWE Divas' Championships? Will Becky Lynch finally prove to the world that she can win when it counts? We'll find out soon enough.

Kalisto (c) vs Ryback - United States Championship
3L8OUER3-cI.jpg

I'll be honest, I've got no idea what the fuck this match is doing on this card.

The New Day vs The League of Nations
6JzkRcly5rk.jpg

Oh yikes, a 4-on-3 handicap match? How could our beloved New Day win this one? If only someone could even the odds for them...

Kevin Owens (c) vs Sami Zayn vs Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder vs The Miz vs Sin Cara vs Stardust - Ladder Match - Intercontinental Championship
CeKuAWsWIAAz7xL.jpg

Another ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship? Didn't we just have this last year? It's almost as if this company is creatively bankrupt or something. Anyway, there's gonna be thrills! There's gonna be spills! Hell, Zack Ryder made it onto a WrestleMania card, isn't that already a triumph for the fans?

lfWNo.gif

Hmm. Maybe not.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho
CesQi0WW4AAf8uS.jpg

"Hey wait a minute! Isn't that the same AJ Styles from WrestleKingdom 10 three months ago?" Why yes it is! Styles is making his WM debut, because god knows this show needs all the stars it could get. Jericho has found a fire inside him that we haven't seen in years, and he's gonna bring the fight to this redneck rookie pitbull. Why? Because he's the best in the world at what he does. Do you understand what I am saying to you right now?

20-Man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
D-cFlzT0rOo.jpg

Pre-show bullshit, who gives a fuck.

cesarovictory.gif

I miss the good ol' days.

The Usos vs The Dudley Boyz
Rzfw76vHLnM.jpg

The Dudley Boyz.
In 2016.

The Total Divas vs B.A.D. & Blonde
20160325_WM32_MATCH_Divas_final--9f1f271b4f3f61e519488513440caf6b.jpg

Yep. The much-touted "Divas Revolution" has resulted in 10 women getting shoved into the pre-show. Yep.

For those of you here that are gonna be in Dallas for the week, here's a list of everything happening for this Mecca of sports-entertainment.
0Nwb4dp.jpg

Who will live? Who will die? Who will receive a mediocre reaction to winning their 3rd world title in 5 months? Find out THIS SUNDAY AT WRESTLEMANIA!
hQAJGE2.gif
hQAJGE2.gif
hQAJGE2.gif

So many gimmick matches. The Jericho v Styles match is the only real wrestling match here.
And that Reigns match is going to have all kind of shenanigans, isn't it?

BFIB

My bet: Roman/HHH goes on in the middle of the card so the heat dies down by the UT/Shane match.

Mahonay

Banned
dK0Fn.gif

Gonna have fun watching even if the card doesn't look very fleshed out. Mania is the best, even when it's shit.

Probably one of the most poorly booked Wrestlemania's ever. But some of that isn't the WWE's fault. Too many injuries to top wrestlers.

And it's going to be weird as hell to have a WM without John Cena.

Honestly, on paper - if you ignore those injured (and that's a BIG BIG LIST), the match quality here isn't too bad, especially once you get past the pre-show muck.

Shane vs. Taker will be a spectacle.
Roman has shown that he is carriable, and HHH is probably in "MAKE THE KID!" mode (a'la his match with Bryan at WM30) - so this should be good until the enviable finish.
Jericho vs. Styles, while kinda played out, has always delivered.
Ryback vs. Kalisto could be fun if Ryback goes all hulk smash while Kalisto does sweet flippy dos.
The ladder match - although I would've preferred Zayn vs. Owens one-on-one - should be a great spotfest.
The women's three-way HAS to be good, as they want to define their legacy and prove the quality NXT women wasn't just hype.
The New Day vs. League is full of a lot of great talent who have been let down by the booking (as if that isn't the story with the full card), and I think they'll work hard and produce a good match.
And then Lesnar vs. Ambrose, which feels like the only "true" Wrestlemania match on the card, is most likely MOTN.

It's surpassed on paper by the NXT card - but really, this isn't a terrible card.

That Flo Rida concert segment though...

BFIB

Probably one of the most poorly booked Wrestlemania's ever. But some of that isn't the WWE's fault. Too many injuries to top wrestlers.

And it's going to be weird as hell to have a WM without John Cena.
No, this is Vinces fault. They have great talent, but can't invest in a storyline for shit anymore. There's a glass ceiling and the one person that stands above it the fans aren't buying into.

bigkrev

Will be curious to see who gets more boos- Eva Marie or Roman.

Im excited for the show, probably because I don't watch Raw every week. Women's 3 way will be great if it gets time, Brock vs Dean will be fun, and the theater of the HIAC match will be high. Show should be better than last year.

Mahonay

Banned
Will be curious to see who gets more boos- Eva Marie or Roman.

Im excited for the show, probably because I don't watch Raw every week. Women's 3 way will be great if it gets time, Brock vs Dean will be fun, and the theater of the HIAC match will be high. Show should be better than last year.
Roman. Eva is a minor player in NXT, fans are not nearly as familiar with her.

And yep, those are the 3 matches I'm looking forward to most as well.

UberTag

OP needs to be updated with times when the pre-show starts so people don't tune in late and find out they've missed out on such riveting matches as Brauny the Strowman winning the ARMBAR or Lana & Friends vs. Eva Marie & Friends or the Usos vs. the Dudleys.

Pre-show starts at 6pm.

pbayne

Id mark out if the mean street posse came back to support Shane.

Looks poor overall but eh all the injuries have kind of screwed them over.

Browny

Banned
It's going to be must-watch because a) it's Wrestlemania b) expectations are low, so something should shine through and c) the crowd reactions will be amazing.

Also NXT will be great.

Tom Nook

Pre-show:

The Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos; Give the younger guys a win.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal; Don't Care, the winner gets nothing out of it.

Natalya, Paige, Brie, Alicia, Eva vs. Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Summer, Emma; Paige pins Summer

Show:

Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns; The Rock somehow gets involved, Roman wins. The next night Roman turns heel by hitting the Rock with the Belt.

The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon; Taker fought his "last" Wrestlemania match. Plus, Shane is control so he'll bring Taker back.

Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose; Make sense to have Dean win this. What is Brock's next angle after this?

Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch; Sasha Banks ; Becky will finally get the belt then Sasha turns heel.

Chris Jericho vs. A.J. Styles; AJ gets the win. Next angle will be with Owens/Zayn.

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, The Miz, Stardust, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder; It's either Owens or Zayn. Owens retain and have a feud with Zayn and AJ.

Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback; Don't care.

League of Nations vs. New Day; New Day because it's New Day.

Mahonay

Banned
Think they're gonna pack in most of that stadium with comps? I'm still not confident they'll get anywhere close to capacity.

So if they make him a bad guy you will cheer him?

No. I worded that wrong. If he was made heel I would be more enthusiastic on where WWE creative is going with his character since instead of trying to force him as the next Supernova face aka Cena they can use the fans dislike of him to craft him better stories to eventually get him over.

Caderfix

I hope Seth miraculously comes back and destroy Reigns' wrestlemania moment again.

There will be a backstage segment showing Roman getting hurt. Then HHH will cut a promo for a couple of minutes and say there's no one good enough to be the cham... *Metal music kicks in and Rollins comes out*

Wrestlemania saved. Book it Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom