• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

TheCloser

Banned
Now i understand why 2k wanted to wait till wrestlemania to launch and honestly, it makes the most sense. It would have given them some much needed time to work on the game and it would have been the best time to launch the game. It's easy to market hype.

ZorpAttacks

Neo Member
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/dlc/wwe-2k15-season-pass/117817

The 2K Showcase Season Pass brings you more action and excitement from WWE 2K15's all-new 2K Showcase Mode. Save over 20% on three 2K Showcase Add-On Packs and receive the Exclusive Character Paige! 2K Showcase lets you relive groundbreaking rivalries and matches in this all-new single player campaign told through your gameplay and historic WWE footage!

I assume that means Paige is exclusive to the Season Pass and not to GameStop. If the new Showcases are as comprehensive as HHH/HBK and Punk/Cena it might be worth it. Still feels as though they've taken stuff out for the Season Pass rather than creating additional content.

HT UK

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/dlc/wwe-2k15-season-pass/117817

I assume that means Paige is exclusive to the Season Pass and not to GameStop. If they new Showcases are as comprehensive as the HHH/HBK and Punk/Cena it might be worth it. Still feels as though they've taken stuff out for the Season Pass rather than creating additional content.

Does this mean no new wrestlers as DLC? Or are we gonna get two different season passes :/

Hasney

You know what would be an awesome DLC showcase considering it may not have the length of the on disc ones? The Shield to date.

PartyChan

720P?

I assume the $89.99 version includes the season pass?

720P likely refers to the video packages in the Rivalries Mode with Punk/Cena and HHH/HBK.

As far as the "Digital Deluxe" version including the season pass, I just searched around and yes it does. People who have already pre-ordered digitially have the following loaded up in queue for download: "Showcase Season Pass," "Hulk Hogan Pack," and "Sting Pack."

P.S. The link above is from the Canadian PSN.

Rapstah

Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
SummerSlam 1991 main event comfirmed for the Warrior pack. A shame Sid can't be in as a normal character.

Striker

Why can't I fucking get Sid in the fucking game as a wrestler! They fucking skipped him last year for the steak now this shit?
What? You didn't like King Kong Bundy? They put in Big John Studd and Sgt. Slaughter too, so ehh.

Sid is one they've kept missing out on. The older games had some solid choices, like Legends or ones from the Attitude Era. They should all be in the games now.

Hasney

He reckons Create-A-Superstar is way more streamlined now, which I think we can all agree is welcome.

I hope it's not too streamlined... That 12 hairstyle thing mentioned by Bleacher Report sounds ridiculously limiting compared to what we used to have where I could give him a white Guile haricut with nWo tattooed into it. I'd much rather spend hours getting a CAW perfect than pick for a really limited amount

I hope it's not too streamlined... That 12 hairstyle thing mentioned by Bleacher Report sounds ridiculously limiting compared to what we used to have where I could give him a white Guile haricut with nWo tattooed into it. I'd much rather spend hours getting a CAW perfect than pick for a really limited amount

Well, yeah, obviously if it's too limited then that's missing the point. Hopefully 2K still understand that.

It's the same engine, so I don't see why the CAW system needs to radically change, but whatever. It should be same as always on last-gen, anyway.

Hasney

Well, yeah, obviously if it's too limited then that's missing the point. Hopefully 2K still understand that.

It's the same engine, so I don't see why the CAW system needs to radically change, but whatever. It should be same as always on last-gen, anyway.

2k probably want the CAWs to fit in more, like the very little choice you get in NBA. Going by the released career shots, they look like they do.

But you're right on last gen. That does look like a total re-skin.

2k probably want the CAWs to fit in more, like the very little choice you get in NBA. Going by the released career shots, they look like they do.

But you're right on last gen. That does look like a total re-skin.

I mean, we were never going to see 3 foot dudes with angel wings on a bunch of official screenshots anyway, so maybe hope isn't lost yet. :p

Hasney

Wow that season pass sounds very underwhelming... Only good this I see is the WCW pack. 2 2011 rivalries as DLC? Why?

Because it's GODDAMN CHRISTIAN and because it's GODDAMN CAPTAIN CHARISMA I know have to have it.

They knew my weakness.

strobogo

Banned
I have to think all the effort put into the next gen while implementing none of them in the current gen seems like a waste for this year. I have to imagine the audience to buy this is much more skewed to being 360/PS3 owners and not Bone/PS4. Everything the game has been hyped with (My Career, graphic and engine overhaul) are not part of the version the majority of buyers will get.

I have to think all the effort put into the next gen while implementing none of them in the current gen seems like a waste for this year. I have to imagine the audience to buy this is much more skewed to being 360/PS3 owners and not Bone/PS4. Everything the game has been hyped with (My Career, graphic and engine overhaul) are not part of the version the majority of buyers will get.

Eh. I prefer that they are focusing on next gen. I'm sure the majority of buyers are still last gen owners but it's only a matter of time until they make the switch.

Bazza from VGCW put up a video of his impressions of the Exhibition mode, amongst other things. No idea if there's any new details in there but it talks a bit about very minute details so it might interest.

He reckons Create-A-Superstar is way more streamlined now, which I think we can all agree is welcome.

I guess he broke NDA. Does anyone have a rundown of what else he may have revealed?

There was confusion on Twitter amongst himself and other guests at the event over whether or not the stuff he talked about was still under embargo. He took down the video just to play it safe.

Only just realised that, yeah. Probably smart.

He didn't say much else... MyCareer sounds identical to the NBA 2K15 games based on what he said about that. Bray Wyatt performs the Sister Abigail on his opponent as his victory animation. S'all I remember.

Jamie OD

Only just realised that, yeah. Probably smart.

He didn't say much else... MyCareer sounds identical to the NBA 2K15 games based on what he said about that. Bray Wyatt performs the Sister Abigail on his opponent as his victory animation. S'all I remember.

There was also Lana getting her own introduction for Rusev. But that sounds the same as Del Rio and Ricardo from the previous games. He also said he got a sneak peak of the CAW mode when he wasn't supposed to and thinks it will be a lot easier to make stuff this time around.

DrZeus

That Wyatt entrance looks awesome. I haven't seen the e in weeks. Last I saw was Brock kill Cena at summer fest which was glorious. I got some catching up to do before this game comes out. I see Finlay, regal, and WCW version of ddp are dlc which has me hyped. :D

DJKhaled

That Wyatt entrance looks awesome. I haven't seen the e in weeks. Last I saw was Brock kill Cena at summer fest which was glorious. I got some catching up to do before this game comes out. I see Finlay, regal, and WCW version of ddp are dlc which has me hyped. :D

oh

RBH

xsrk5XU.gif

So glad that move is in.... but trying not to judge it off that gif as it looks a bit janky. Will wait for that full framerate source.

Every move in the 2k series in janky. It has some of the worst transitional animations and collision detection between moves of any game.

Top Bottom