• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Roster seems underwhelming. No Vader, Savage, Henning, Hall.... hopefully next year when TNA goes under we can finally get a real Monday Night Wars game with Kurt, Hardys and Dudleys. Yukes and WWE were probably waiting for the perfect timing to make one with Sting just signing.

Rapstah

The Moves pack is always so scummy. I don't mind them charging money for new characters that someone spent time and money on to model and do moves for. The moves pack is always just 40 moves they literally took out of the game so they can sell them. Can't wait for them to sell us Albert's backbreaker from Here Comes The Pain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That 'chain wrestling' mini game shit looks so bad. Looks like the same gimmicks they always try to slap on and act like it's game changing like the 'omg' moments and the 'catch finishers.'

Branson

What the hell is going on with this game? I've pre ordered and cancelled like 3 times on ps4. Last one was because of a possible pc version. Ugh.

Kyari

So is there no female mycareer? I assume not, seeing as they don't seem to allow cross gender matches the past few years, and that makes me legitimately sad.

so no female my career, and season pass doesn't include all content?

As much as I love WWE, this will be on the back burner til it hits 30 bucks like all WWE Games.

The Moves pack is always so scummy. I don't mind them charging money for new characters that someone spent time and money on to model and do moves for. The moves pack is always just 40 moves they literally took out of the game so they can sell them. Can't wait for them to sell us Albert's backbreaker from Here Comes The Pain.

LOL at the bolded, but yeah selling move packs totally not cool. Paying for the full experience is already expensive enough.

So is there no female mycareer? I assume not, seeing as they don't seem to allow cross gender matches the past few years, and that makes me legitimately sad.

They've been shitting on female CAWs for a long time now unfortunately. Crappy CAW models, barebone attire options and lack of anything to do with them. Crazy how back in the older games, they had more CAW options than the males, you could have cross gender matches and use them in season modes.

Joeki11a

Banned
What the hell is going on with this game? I've pre ordered and cancelled like 3 times on ps4. Last one was because of a possible pc version. Ugh.

need to get those last gen max sales, it gives next gen version time to be updated and optimzed more, I can wait.

Mideon

Looks great. I have fun with these games just playing through the single player every year because I'm a huge wrestling fan so they would have to do something seriously bad to make me not want to play it. That one year with the backstage story moments where you had to be in a certain position and press a certain button to progress really tested my patience but since then it's slowly been looking up for these games.

I don't like how the season pass doesn't include everything. Didn't like them in the 1st place but understood them if your a fan of a particular game. But season pass includes ALL dlc!! That's the point!!

I don't like how the season pass doesn't include everything. Didn't like them in the 1st place but understood them if your a fan of a particular game. But season pass includes ALL dlc!! That's the point!!
I think the point is more about getting money in advance from die hard fans.

That 'chain wrestling' mini game shit looks so bad. Looks like the same gimmicks they always try to slap on and act like it's game changing like the 'omg' moments and the 'catch finishers.'

It is just some bullshit they can take out next year and say they listened to fan feedback to make the game better. Why the fuck is Brian Williams still employed?

I dream of a day when wrestling games stop fucking sucking and go back to being a huge deal like with No Mercy.

That day will be when Yukes stops making them.

Considering the quality of story telling for women in WWE I'm not surprised by the lack of female MyCareer. I do hope it's something they consider in the future.

What I've seen so far looks great though. I think Zayn going through the ropes looks really well done. I'm not sure wha the complaints are. That got me really excited.

My biggest worry is the CAW being streamlined. I want people to make stupid ass shit in these games like video game and comic book characters. I have a feeling this year's next gen edition is going to lack the feature set of previous games when it comes to creation.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
So glad that move is in.... but trying not to judge it off that gif as it looks a bit janky. Will wait for that full framerate source.

its in the ign video and it looks perfect. but of course dumbasses are going to judge it from the gif with half the framerate.

if they add facial scan like nba 2k15 then this will be amazing, do it 2K

all i know is i'll rent the last gen version since it releases first, still have my hulkamania pre order B^)

They seem to be going out of their way not to show gameplay and even when they do, it's always flashes of action with a cinematic camera. And other than a few frames of someone standing on the apron in the trailer, I don't think we've seen anything but regular one on one matches.

ryanmac

Banned
They seem to be going out of their way not to show gameplay and even when they do, it's always flashes of action with a cinematic camera. And other than a few frames of someone standing on the apron in the trailer, I don't think we've seen anything but regular one on one matches.

It's because the game is going to be a broken mess.

UberTag

I dream of a day when wrestling games stop fucking sucking and go back to being a huge deal like with No Mercy.
They could have when 2K picked up the license had they done the just thing and kicked Yuke's to the fucking curb.

Considering the quality of story telling for women in WWE I'm not surprised by the lack of female MyCareer. I do hope it's something they consider in the future.
Instead of simply being the equivalent of the male MyCareer, they'll have the female ladder progress from NXT straight to Total Divas where you'll re-enact lame reality TV storylines.
You'll then get to pick which of the two Bella sisters you want to act as your coach & mentor.

Sarobi

Banned
All I ever wanted was a wrestling game that played like Here Comes The Pain, and had online lobbies like in Smackdown vs. Raw 2006... but instead they give me this :(

I always love when they remove something from this series and then bring it back a few years later as if it's something new. They took out the "chain grapples" before because of how annoying it was and now it's back.

Lrrr

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...luxe/cid=UP1001-CUSA00781_00-WWE2K15PS4DIGITA

Includes both the pre-order DLC and the season pass (which includes all the rest of the DLC).

No, the NXT, WCW and Moves pack are not included in that version. In fact, I don't even see where the season pass is listed, but I'll take your word for it since it's $79.99 and that's a lot for just Sting and two versions of Hogan.

They want $25 for the season pass.

The season pass doesn't include all planned content.

Just what in the fuck?

Correct. They're pulling the same stunt Gearbox did with Borderlands 2 and WB did with Injustice: Gods Among Us. The season pass will give you access to some planned content, but NOT all of it.

Jesus christ. So how much are they asking for Season Pass + all DLC?

The following are U.S. prices (with tax included).

Game - $65.31
Season Pass - $27.21
WCW Pack - $8.70
NXT Pack - $7.61
Moves Pack - $4.34

Total: $113.18 or $118.60 if you buy the season pass content separately ($9.99 each). This doesn't include the small fee for making purchases over PSN/XBL.

See the leaked footage from Gamescom. That is what you should expect. It still has the same crappy gameplay and glitching from last gen. Just now you finally get PS3 era graphics on PS4 and Xbox One. All at an amazing 720p resolution according to the PSN page for the game.

They could really buy a lot of goodwill from me for this game if they just showed off the CAW mode so we'd know what it has and what you can do in it. Still so fucking stupid that they don't allow crossgender matches or women to be in royal rumble matches, even if it's women only. We can't bleed or be in royal rumble matches, but we can be in hell in a cell? It's so obvious that the developers are just that incompetent that they forgot to check the box that allows female CAWs to do things that they should be allowed to.

Remember last year where the prominent feature of WWE 2K14 was..they added two counts back in?

They could really buy a lot of goodwill from me for this game if they just showed off the CAW mode so we'd know what it has and what you can do in it. Still so fucking stupid that they don't allow crossgender matches or women to be in royal rumble matches, even if it's women only. We can't bleed or be in royal rumble matches, but we can be in hell in a cell? It's so obvious that the developers are just that incompetent that they forgot to check the box that allows female CAWs to do things that they should be allowed to.

Remember last year where the prominent feature of WWE 2K14 was..they added two counts back in?

Wait they took out blood this year? They always take something out and add it in again later so they can say it's a new feature again. Why does their game from 2006 have more features and modes than a game they make 8 years later?

Wait they took out blood this year? They always take something out and add it in again later so they can say it's a new feature again. Why does their game from 2006 have more features and modes than a game they make 8 years later?

It's been out for women for quite some time. Still there for dudes I think. I was mostly ranting about the shitty selection of match types for women haha.

It's been out for women for quite some time. Still there for dudes I think. I was mostly ranting about the shitty selection of match types for women haha.

Only hope is if there really is a PC version. They will hack it to shit and probably unlock all the hidden modes that are probably in the game, but they have hidden. Having intergender matches again would be nice.

DeadlyRobot

Neo Member
I think they meant that female wrestlers can't bleed. I'm pretty sure blood is still in.

RP912

Banned
This game is making me facepalm from the outrageous price for the dlc to the janky movement of the wrestlers.

I'll stick with my 2k14

This game is making me facepalm from the outrageous price for the dlc to the janky movement of the wrestlers.

I'll stick with my 2k14

Might as well and hope the rumor of 2k having a second team creating the 2k16 version is true and they were just using Yukes for this one to meet WWE's yearly demand.

RobbieNick

Floor textures look pretty bad in the IGN video.

This and the lighting. There's something about the lighting that really bothers me. It looks great during stage entrances, but when they're wrestling, the ring looks too lit up and the barely cast a shadow. Everything seems washed out like an LCD screen tilted too far back.

Top Bottom