• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Fight Night is such a terrible example. The game isn't built to handle six people in the ring or, on top of that, all the different match types that take up processing power as well. I'm sure Fight Night would turn into a slide show with six guys fighting in the ring during an inferno match.

Just because both games have a ring doesn't mean they are at all comparable.

I'm sure they could up the graphical fidelity but it would come at a loss. The best comparable is still TNA Impact. It's better grahically (that Booker T meme is bullshit though) but lacks in a lot of content. I don't think that's what people want.

Graphics aren't my first concern with the WWE games anyways. People still play No Mercy and Fire Pro just fine. We just need a solid wrestling engine. Better QA and less glitches as well.

I doubt the WWE games could handle it either, considering you can't have 6 man inferno matches.

Its still going to be 720p on PS4 right? Judging by the intro clips of the Wyatt's there is stutter and slow down even at that res on PS4.

Reknoc

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?778406-New-Screenshots-from-Who-got-NXT-mode

Don't have time to copy and paste the images over but there are new shots from the PS3/Xbox 360 version's NXT Mode.

Graphics haven't changed for last gen. I didn't expect them to.

Something about those screens look better to me than what I've seen of the current gen ones. Probably doesn't help that its all offscreen footage but the PS4 version looks really flat, like its in a constant state of waiting for the textures to pop in.

strobogo

Banned
I think it is pretty dope that there is a WWE game with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, PAC, Brodie Lee, Claudio Castagnoli, El Generico.....and Steerling James Keenan? One of these is not like the others, friends.

The wording of that tweet sounds suspicious. Like that Xbox guy that said you will see all games at 1080p on a 1080p screen because it up scales.

Seriously? At the very least, it'll be 1080p on PS4 and maybe 900p on X1. For all of your concerns and complaints, this has no reason to be one of them. There isn't a single PS4 game outputting at below 900p. This won't be the first.

HT UK

The wording of that tweet sounds suspicious. Like that Xbox guy that said you will see all games at 1080p on a 1080p screen because it up scales.

13045%20-%20Raw%20Zeb_Colter%20autoplay_gif%20dutch_mantel%20facepalm%20gif%20head_shake%20wwe.gif

I'll wait for the digital foundry breakdown.

2K has no reason to lie about it. There's no precedent of them doing it and they know it'd just be found out anyway. You are entitled to opinions and such, but calling out or hinting that a team is deceptive or straight up liars with no precedent or evidence is dumb.

Bog

Junior Ace
I think it is pretty dope that there is a WWE game with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, PAC, Brodie Lee, Claudio Castagnoli, El Generico.....and Steerling James Keenan? One of these is not like the others, friends.

Well, since I've only heard of one of them...

Sid

Chill out man,Yukes+Visual Concepts can't be that incompetent.....

This looks better than 2K14 to me *shrug*

Its Yukes doing the programming and I have faith they can and evidence they have been that incompetent for years. I won't comment on resolution until the digital foundry report comes out. I'll be playing the PS3 version in a few days. NXT mode sounds fun even though I don't enjoy the gameplay.

Sid

Its Yukes doing the programming and I have faith they can and evidence they have been that incompetent for years. I won't comment on resolution until the digital foundry report comes out. I'll be playing the PS3 version in a few days. NXT mode sounds fun even though I don't enjoy the gameplay.
So what exactly is the role of VC then?also there was supposed to be a 'big' mode exclusive to the last gen versions,do tell us about that when you get the game.

So what exactly is the role of VC then?also there was supposed to be a 'big' mode exclusive to the last gen versions,do tell us about that when you get the game.

The exclusive mode is the NXT deal. VC is doing the motion capture and capturing audio and sound effects. They then send that to Yukes to put in the game.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I said to hell with it and just picked up 2K14 for PS3 on the cheap last night. Not enough here to convince me to upgrade, and I'm still holding out hope that VC is working on a true non-Yukes version for 2K16.

A man can dream, can't he?

Zach

I said to hell with it and just picked up 2K14 for PS3 on the cheap last night. Not enough here to convince me to upgrade, and I'm still holding out hope that VC is working on a true non-Yukes version for 2K16.

I have that same dream. Even without Yukes, that crap's probably gonna suck, though. I doubt they'll ever scrap the engine at this point. D:

You and I both. There is nothing more that I want than a good wrestling game. I look at something like All stars that was enjoyable and showed a ton of promise, which was canceled and the team fired, and continue to be baffled why Yukes still has a job. I still have 14 and the Wrestlemania mode and Undertaker mode are enjoyable at least. I never played it again after I beat those modes though.

Hasney

I have that dream every year.

I get rudely awoken from my sweet slumber by Yukes standing over my bed and pissing on my face.

-

A VC and Aki Wrestling game would be pretty dope.

Shit get the guys that made Firepro. If I remember right they made a 3d wrestling game that was pretty dope. I had too much fun with their 2d wrestling games so I don't think I ever tried it. Pretty much any dev in the world could release a better wrestling game than Yukes.

Shit get the guys that made Firepro. If I remember right they made a 3d wrestling game that was pretty dope. I had too much fun with their 2d wrestling games so I don't think I ever tried it. Pretty much any dev in the world could release a better wrestling game than Yukes.

Try Fire Pro Wrestling for the Xbox 360 and you might regret that statement.

King of Colosseum 2 is their 3D gem. I highly doubt the team that made it is still together at Spike though.

So you're still going to buy the game...?

strobogo

Banned
Well, since I've only heard of one of them...

Bryan Danielson: Daniel Bryan
Tyler Black: Seth Rollins
Jon Moxley: Dean Ambrose
PAC: Adrienne Neville
Brodie Lee: Luke Harper
Claudio Castagnoli: Antonio Cesaro
El Generico: Sami Zayn
Sterling James Keenan: Corey Graves

All dudes who were big names on the indies (except for Graves, who is nowhere near the league of anyone on that list) just a few years ago, and now are all featured in a WWE game at the same time. Plus Punk.

HT UK

When are games going to stop being developed for last gen and then ported over to current?

Annualised sports games usually are the last things to support last generation hardware. SmackDown vs Raw 2011 was on PS2 for example, 4 years after the PS3's launch.

1080p

We're still supposed to get some more stuff today. Not sure when though. Not sure when this Q & A is happening either. I heard 2:30pst, which is not too far away. With 2k though, nothing seems to be set in stone.

Some video called "What a Maneuver! Episode 1" should be today.

I have no idea what that is. Twitter person is also claiming they will have news every single day next week.

Sounds like showing off those omg! Moves or finishers

-edit- or it will be more mo-cap crap with a few seconds of gameplay.

Top Bottom