• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

dakun

Shit legends roster. No Hall? Goldberg? Foley? Savage?

Also 2 Randy Ortons lol.

good on them for focusing on the current roster i'd say. We had the legends for the last decade in the games. It's time to move on for a little bit. (Though there are still more than enough retired wrestlers in the game)

Also considering they do the whole face scanning thing now i wonder if that's the main reason they decided to leave legends out.
The drop in quality would probably be noticeable. I wonder though if they got a chance to face scan CM Punk.

Hasney

good on them for focusing on the current roster i'd say. We had the legends for the last decade in the games. It's time to move on for a little bit.

Great, then fucking get the current roster in the game, not pad it with doubles. There's a shit-ton of NXT talent and guys who haven't been fired yet. Add them.

Striker

good on them for focusing on the current roster i'd say. We had the legends for the last decade in the games. It's time to move on for a little bit. (Though there are still more than enough retired wrestlers in the game)
To each his own.

I would MUCH rather play and use guys like Scott Steiner, Edge, Curt Hennig (damn it 2K), Ric Flair, Scott Hall, Bret Hart, etc. than guys like Kofi, Big E, or any other no-personality character.

In cases like this, it's hope they didn't limit the CAW section too bad so they get a strong use. I liked the roster in WWE 13 and 2K14. The former more because it featured a lot of tag teams from the AE era.

Shit legends roster. No Hall? Goldberg? Foley? Savage?

Also 2 Randy Ortons lol.
I think both Goldberg and Foley indicated their departures from it a while ago. Foley, specifically, mentioned the money being a problem. But yeah, lack of Legends is pretty crummy. Scan or not.

OMG OMG OMG WE HAVE BOOKER T.

This game will go through the BOOKER T TEST.

bookt.jpg

The NXT stars are the strongest part of the roster, I'd much prefer it to be skewed towards legends but I'd still like them to use a few NXT stars every year going forward. Number one it future proofs your game, if Rusev is only in the game because of his NXT connection, then they've lucked out with where he is now in the main roster. It also freshens up the current roster if you're using them in Universe mode.

I think the problem with the roster lies with the rivalries they picked. 2002/2003 and 2011/2012 are bad periods when it comes to different superstars being included, I think we gained Flair, Nash and Booker from the HHH/HBK feud and no one from Cena/Punk. If they'd had included a good 80s/90s feud in either of the rivalries, we'd have ended up with a much more varied roster, instead we're stuck with a ton of duplicate characters.

Horrible theme this year focusing on the more modern stuff, its just sk unoriginal. Probably going to sit this one out as it lacks the legends. Ill get my moneys worth with 2K 14.

2 versions of Kane and they leave the best one out

Not shocked by the roster at all. I had a feeling we would see less legends this year with the focus on scanning.

The big disappointment is the lack of NXT guys.

I have seen more photos at the 2k forums. Nothing of note. Menu looks like a recoloured version of last years. Not surprising.

Apparently the CAW is copied over from last year. Not surprising.

Here is where info is coming from. Apparently Punk has 13 attires. Some characters have updated models. Warrior and Ryback look better. Apparently Ambrose and Rollins have updated SHIELD attires. That is the big disappointment right now.

I couldn't tell, but apparently this is the PS4 version in actual gameplay

u5T8jgo.jpg

G36wz05.jpg

GzaKT5P.jpg

e2QjioD.jpg

That's PS3. From the guy posting on the caw.ws forums who has the PS3 version of the game.

It's obviously PS3.

Edit: Austin has no vest during his entrance. I have a feeling that the PS4 version will be the same in that regard.

Those are PS3 shots. 'Who Got NXT' is only on last-gen consoles.

How is Corey Graves on the roster? Isn't his in-ring career over? Of all the NXT guys...

Hasney

Hey guys, guess what my brother added to the USA PSN account we share as a late birthday present!!

Lawd. Oh well, you want Day 1 impressions, you've got your old chump Hasney here. I wish he followed gaming news.

AJ Lee, Brie Bella, Cameron, Naomi, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Summer Rae & Tamina

Apparently these are all the Divas. With no legend divas that is a big disappointment.

The Divas division isn't much better but some NXT women would have been fantastic.

They really should have included Paige on the default roster if that's all there is.

From Gamefaqs:

I picked up my copy last night (anybody from Long Beach, CA knows where) and it is an exact carbon copy of 14. I'm not really mad as much as I am disappointed that they couldn't really be bothered to at least try and squeeze what they could out of the 360.

-replays have been removed (sometimes a post-match replay or after finisher replay is shown) but as far as saving them or viewing them after a match is gone.

-some moves are missing sound effects and some move sounds are delayed (a CM Punk knee drop lacked sound and a few body slam sounds were off a little).

-normal difficulty A.I. was so bad during my first match i thought all was lost (CPU Roman Reigns refused to do any offensive maneuvers for most of the match, he just stood there as if it didn't know what to do). After bumping it to Hard and tweaking the sliders a tad CM Punk mercilessly whooped me and I felt better.

-WWE servers for the game are not active yet so I could not yet check that out or the Shop.

-Sting is indeed a preorder bonus, not a packed in code for first runs, at least not from the store where I got my copy. No Sting for me but there is an insert letting you know that the WWE IOS card game is a thing.....

-it actually has a manual in the case, it's only 4 pages but it covers the basics.

-nothing has changed control-wise and to be honest I haven't seen any new animations yet.

-commentary is unchanged, same as it has always been, repetitive and recycled.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT TO FOLLOW:

-unlockables.......let's just say that about 90% of the unlockable attires are for Triple H and CM Punk.

That's about it for now after spending some time with it. I'm looking forward to the Xbox One version but really could have done without picking up the 360 version. I regret trading in the games I did to get this at the last minute but that's my own fault.

Not a bad game for people sticking with the 360 version but an unnecessary purchase for those like myself planning on getting the Xbox One version.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/800882-wwe-2k15/70407571

That's PS3. From the guy posting on the caw.ws forums who has the PS3 version of the game.

It's obviously PS3.

Edit: Austin has no vest during his entrance. I have a feeling that the PS4 version will be the same in that regard.

Haha, what the fuck. They did the same thing in 2011. How fucking lazy can you get. Oh wait, this is Yukes we're talking about here.

Do you have a link to the thread? Can't seem to find it, unless it's been deleted?

Forkball

Two Del Rios. Two. Del Rios.

Also the two CM Punks are like a year apart. I could understand SES Punk, or ECW Punk, but 2012 Punk and 2013 Punk?

Do we even have a PC date? Only modders can save this roster now.

Rapstah

How is Corey Graves on the roster? Isn't his in-ring career over? Of all the NXT guys...

I'm assuming they picked which NXT guys they were going to have in the game before Tyler Breeze's sort of main event push started. If I was picking NXT guys in February of this year, I'd probably have picked Graves over Breeze and Mojo Rawley too. They probably only want to put people who they know won't be fired next month in the game.

Two Del Rios doesn't make any sense at all. They managed to pack 2011 Del Rio and 2013 Del Rio into the same character slot in WWE 2k14! Are alternative attires not in this game or what? Roster stuffing to say they have more characters?

Two Del Rios. Two. Del Rios.

Also the two CM Punks are like a year apart. I could understand SES Punk, or ECW Punk, but 2012 Punk and 2013 Punk?

Do we even have a PC date? Only modders can save this roster now.

No PC version confirmed.

We have an overabundance of Punk due to his inclusion in 2k Showcase.

Rapstah

Who is to the right of Roman Reigns in the picture? I can't think of anyone who looks like that and starts with something between Roman and Rusev. I mean, I can, but no one that would be in the game.

Rapstah

Shit, I had forgotten he exists.

No Edge for the first time ever in a Yuke's wrestling game IIRC. He was in Smackdown 1. I'm assuming the hairy guy next to Chris Jericho is Christian. It's like my faceblindness gets worse when I'm looking at 64x64 JPGs of bloomy promotional shots of faces.

Emergency edit: No, that's obviously 2002 Chris Jericho. Sorry, it's not even hard to see if you think about it.

Sounds like Story Mode may have been cut.

I am not shocked as I get the impression a few features probably didn't make it for this year's next gen version so they may have cut them from last gen too.

That sucks for VGCW cutscenes if true.

I won't be shocked if Create an Arena isn't in either.

Fox318

Sounds like Story Mode may have been cut.

I am not shocked as I get the impression a few features probably didn't make it for this year's next gen version so they may have cut them from last gen too.

I won't be shocked if Create an Arena isn't in either.
That explains why the community manager was so upset on the powerbombcast.

They might have cut the story mode because wwe corporate didn't like it.1

Hasney

Shit, I had forgotten he exists.

No Edge for the first time ever in a Yuke's wrestling game IIRC. He was in Smackdown 1. I'm assuming the hairy guy next to Chris Jericho is Christian. It's like my faceblindness gets worse when I'm looking at 64x64 JPGs of bloomy promotional shots of faces.

Emergency edit: No, that's obviously 2002 Chris Jericho. Sorry, it's not even hard to see if you think about it.

Holy shit. I just assumed Christian was in it. This is a dark fucking day.

pWb7Z.gif

You know what doesn't suck? The fact they won't have to a) Buy a new game and b) won't even need to re-do the CAWs and just stick with WWE 2k14!

Ithil

Two Del Rios is amazing. He didn't even remotely change in his four years in WWE. At least Punk or Orton have altered their looks over time.

The guy posting on caws.ws made it sound like there are improvements in Universe Mode. Possibly more objective based gameplay? That would be a big plus for me. He isn't very clear though so there might not be anything.

KissVibes

Banned
Wait, you don't even get Christian on disk but they found the need for two fucking Del Rios? Fuck off 2k, I knew this game was going to be fucking awful. Real glad Jared Rea doesn't work at 2k anymore.

Wait, you don't even get Christian on disk but they found the need for two fucking Del Rios? Fuck off 2k, I knew this game was going to be fucking awful. Real glad Jared Rea doesn't work at 2k anymore.

He quit or got fired? When did that happen? Game is garbage, but that was expected. I'm shocked how much content they cut out though.

KissVibes

Banned
He quit or got fired? When did that happen? Game is garbage, but that was expected. I'm shocked how much content they cut out though.

He quit. Was taking time away from working in general, I believe.

I think Rea is a cool dude that legit loves wrestling so it would've been tough to see him promoting WWE2k15 when it very obviously blows ass. I get its his job and all but man, this is inexcusable. I REALLY wish EA got the IP. At least they would've started over with a team of their own.

Hasney

It's fucked up. I thought we would at least have Christian to play with and then buy his story mode, but this is shit. Why not lock out Orton instead?

He quit. Was taking time away from working in general, I believe.

I think Rea is a cool dude that legit loves wrestling so it would've been tough to see dude promoting WWE2k15 when it very obviously blows ass.

Yeah, hope he finds work at a good videogame company.

It's fucked up. I thought we would at least have Christian to play with and then buy his story mode, but this is shit. Why not lock out Orton instead?

I bet if you have a modded ps3 someone will release a hack to unlock these guys. I bet they are still there and just hidden.

Hasney

I bet if you have a modded ps3 someone will release a hack to unlock these guys. I bet they are still there and just hidden.

Most likely, but the one my brother has bought is the PS4 version. I am just assuming the rosters are the same with our old friend parity.

Top Bottom