• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

MaulerX

Fuck. I pre-ordered this just for Sting tbh. From what I've been reading even that won't be enough to justify this purchase now or ever. For shame.

strobogo

Banned
I took the badgering of the commentators in the same spirit I generally take a heel knocking Local Sports Team. I get where you're coming from; I suppose I just didn't take it as seriously.

I mean, I thought Paul Heyman demanding someone stop using him as an avatar or claiming he'd sue them for using Brock Lesnar (or something) as a user name was pretty funny.

2K isn't a heel wrestler. That's a terrible way to promote their product and makes that group as a whole look like a den of cunts, especially when the product that they shit on people for shitting on is broken garbage and half finished.

This year's game somehow looks even worse than last year. Look at Justin Roberts' character model and his face when he announces John Cena, it's a bit scary.

http://youtu.be/VbzaQQkplX4?t=5m16s

Qusj6M4.png

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN

Arooguy

They couldn't scan actual WWE superstars faces for the last gen version, but it seems they got Noah Antwiler to scan his face.

triplespoony.jpg

They couldn't scan actual WWE superstars faces for the last gen version, but it seems they got Noah Antwiler to scan his face.

triplespoony.jpg

Model doesn't look that bad apart from the good ol' PS1 hair. Then again, it's Haitch. I think it was for 2009, there was this rule given out that no promotional screenshots could show him being beaten up or otherwise in distress.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are the WWE games the worst yearly installment franchise in gaming? Like, shit on Musou all you want, but Koei improves their games every single year. Every year they get better at doing what they're supposed to do.

Yukes goes backwards.

Are the WWE games the worst yearly installment franchise in gaming? Like, shit on Musou all you want, but Koei improves their games every single year. Every year they get better at doing what they're supposed to do.

Yukes goes backwards.

Yuke's is absolutely the worst game developer currently making games for home consoles. No other developer could fail at their job year after year and continually be as bad as they are. They've been making these damn games since like 1997!

I love that their twitter account is still saying please wait, we have a Q&A on Tuesday despite the fact that everything for the PS3/360 versions has been leaked already. And of course they won't answer anything about the next gen version.

Just say that the create a story isn't in the game, just say the advanced CAW features from the PS3 version isn't in the game. Just say it to my face!
n8dmWHT.gif

I love that their twitter account is still saying please wait, we have a Q&A on Tuesday despite the fact that everything for the PS3/360 versions has been leaked already. And of course they won't answer anything about the next gen version.

Just say that the create a story isn't in the game, just say the advanced CAW features from the PS3 version isn't in the game. Just say it to my face!
n8dmWHT.gif

They don't want people to cancel preorders. Super shady shit.

Sad how much worse this years game looks. I actually believed that they were on the right track with 13 and 14. 2K should trade licenses with EA. Yukes made an excellent UFC3 game and its time for WWE to move on already. No excuse for such a poor product no matter how bad current WWE is

Oh shit, the divas really don't have entrance themes! http://youtu.be/xcjvSgOToAw

hahahaha Yukes

Are we sure they don't have music? I saw some intros for the male wrestlers with Intro music removed. I couldn't figure out why though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsMIa-FYMg

This vid is from the same youtube user. Listen to the music being played over Undertaker's theme. I think he's just cutting out the intros. Maybe for copyright concerns?

Edit: For the Royal Rumble he has them in.

Are we sure they don't have music? I saw some intros for the male wrestlers with Intro music removed. I couldn't figure out why though.

The other streamer didn't have diva music, but this guy has had intro music for every video he put up and it's not there for the divas. There would be no reason why he would only turn off music for divas.

Yawn, unless Yuke's gets dumped there's probably never going to be a shake up with WWE games anymore. They'll just continue to build on a series and an engine that's nearly 20 years old, I honestly wonder if any of the code from the PS1-era is still there, it's pretty clear there is from the PS2-era.

Nice "NXT Arena", love that there's still a complete and utter detachment from crowd noise and the actual crowd and how painfully obvious it is that they spent the minimal amount of time with it all.

5JlvGaE.png
The WWE Video Game Universe™ loves it, Maggle!

7A4dRgz.png
Indeed they do, JBL. IGN is calling it the best WWE game yet!

x1leAyt.png
And the graphics are so lifelike, wow!

Ugh, going to be five or six months of hearing this shit, it's so fucking insulting but that's WWE and Vince with his yes men. Can't wait for Cole to also call it the "hottest game out" or whatever like he does, including last year IIRC when GTA V was still tearing shit up and shattering records.

Hasney

Are any of the divas videos from PS3? Wondering if they ran out of disc space for 360 and just went "Ah fuck it, no-one will notice".

Ugh, six months of hearing this shit, it's so fucking awful and insulting. Can't wait for Cole to also call it the "hottest game out" or whatever like he does, including last year IIRC when GTA V was still tearing shit up and shattering records.

lol that's nothing on the WWE Network,
which you can get with a six month commitment for only $9.99 a month
they were calling it the Most Anticipated Game EVER!

KissVibes

Banned
nothing wrong with 2K really. Just need a new developer. Build a WWE game from the ground up.
The current WWE games are still just building up from the PS2 era.

2k is bankrolling this game.
2k is releasing this game
2k has been marketing this game in a way which has hidden a lot of these issues.
2k made the choice not to show off the game in a meaningful way until weeks away from launch.

Are you one of those dudes that thinks SEGA isn't at fault for how bad Aliens: Colonial Marines was? Jesus, man. This mentality is dangerous.

2k is bankrolling this game.
2k is releasing this game
2k has been marketing this game in a way which has hidden a lot of these issue.
2k made the choice not to show off the game in a meaningful way until weeks away from launch.

Are you one of those dudes that thinks SEGA isn't at fault for how bad Aliens: Colonial Marines was? Jesus, man. This mentality is dangerous.

2k sent this out to die.

geomon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lh3ie66iEY

Top Bottom