• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Hasney

zpQcP2r.gif

I've only played the "demo" (The part that I'm able to play while the rest of the game downloads) but I'm enjoying the game so far! My last WWE game was 2K14, I'm enjoying how this one is more simulation instead of the counter fest that 2K14 was.

Is there any way to display the character select screen so it's a big grid of wrestler faces like 2K14 was? Or are we stuck with the scroll wheel?

Redboxed it. Same shit game with a few new features. Pretty much any non active wrestler that was in last year's game (including dlc) has been untouched in this one. So far I noticed Ric Flair and Booker T have the same EXACT attires and macho Man still looks horrendous. Blood seems to be broken again on the PS4, at least in the royal rumble, I haven't had a problem in other matches.

Demoskinos

So I need to know things for reasons.

I saw someone in another thread somewhere invoke the name of WWE Smackdown 2 in comparison to the My Career mode. Is this accurate? Cause if this is a more updated modernized version of that....

DryvBy

I just got home, have my coffee, and will be streaming for a bit on Twitch. Checking out create a wrestler and various modes. If you want to watch and get an idea of this game, here:

http://www.twitch.tv/dryvby27

This might be better than a review for some of you.

There's also an 860MB patch already.

Ithil

I just got home, have my coffee, and will be streaming for a bit on Twitch. Checking out create a wrestler and various modes. If you want to watch and get an idea of this game, here:

Good god, Cole still has the "not today, too fast!" sound byte that's been in it for like five years.

DryvBy

As far as how this plays, it's at least more fun than 2K15. I skipped that one after playing with my brother one time. This one feels similar to 2K14 (which I liked). I dunno. It's janky, but somewhat fun.

I'm going to try Create a Dude in a minute. Hopefully that's truly fixed too.

GravyButt

How do you get harper and rowan to come out with bray?

If I select bray with no manager obviously no one comes out. If I select manager I can select only one. Like I just picked rowan and he didn't even have his sheep mask!

Hasney

How do you get harper and rowan to come out with bray?

If I select bray with no manager obviously no one comes out. If I select manager I can select only one. Like I just picked rowan and he didn't even have his sheep mask!

Set them up as a stable then have a 6 man tag. Also, Rowan or Harper will be playing the role of Bray if you add them as the tag team.

Mattenth

Dunno, I think people were going by OpenCritic and they changed it to today. Either way, reviewers only got the game today, so don't expect any reviews.

Yeah, so the review embargo for early copies is 9pm PDT tonight. But very few publications bothered - only 2/10 gave us an embargo time.

We took down the timer because we felt like it was very confusing to have a "countdown to reviews" when the game went live. It also meant that publications who purchased a copy (and thus not subject to the embargo).

We'll work on a better system in the future. It's pretty rare for games to have a post-launch embargo.

DryvBy

I've gotta say from my hour with this. If you like WWE 2K14, pick this up. I think with the roster and the memories (again), it's decent enough. I only spent $40 so maybe that's why I'm cool with it. But the gameplay is about the same as 2K14 imo.

Also, here's what I created: Hulking Hogan.

asd.jpg

Untitled_3.jpg

Lol, Nick Hardy whooped your ass. I have to think that was Nick Jackson, one half of the Young Bucks.

DryvBy

Lol, Nick Hardy whooped your ass. I have to think that was Nick Jackson, one half of the Young Bucks.

Yeah lol. I couldn't get the timing right on the reversal. Hulkster Hogan has a lot of losing to do before he starts winning again.

At least it's not a laggy piece of trash game like some 2K games.

Yeah lol. I couldn't get the timing right on the reversal. Hulkster Hogan has a lot of losing to do before he starts winning again.

At least it's not a laggy piece of trash game like some 2K games.

Yeah seemed like online was alright. I need to get in on the online play. I was supposed to get my copy today, but Dell fucked me and didn't give me overnight shipping like they told me and placed on my order. Now according to tracking my copy will be here on Saturday.

DryvBy

Yeah seemed like online was alright. I need to get in on the online play. I was supposed to get my copy today, but Dell fucked me and didn't give me overnight shipping like they told me and placed on my order. Now according to tracking my copy will be here on Saturday.

Super lame! If you got it on PS4, you can add me (same user name as GAF).

For anyone that has the game, it is possible to create a genuine Tiger-Mask? I mean with legit fur like how you could with wwe 2k14. Also can you add custom music to your entrance on the PS4 or Xbox One? Thanks in advance

As soon as the Vs. screen pop up in the video, I laughed. Then when I saw Mario's actual entrance, I cried (while laughing).

Haha ! Thx man! Happy you liked it!

And i just think that i could maybe change the "pipe" to green in my Arena lol. Would make it more epic!

If i could use some mario music it could make a greate entrance!

+ His walking, is from AJ lee i think ( "Too sexay" intro/ramp animation )

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Its actually worth it this year I feel. I have no regrets.

Man how are people getting the rko on the breakouts?! Or any finisher for that matter?!?! Nothing pops up and they usually end up punching me!!

Screw it, going to get it

GravyButt

Screw it, going to get it
I honestly think you will enjoy it. Its not perfect but it's actually enjoyable this year and im actually having some wars against the AI. The match flow is actually pretty decent as well. Had a great one where I had a vicious clotheline to stardust followed by a charged finisher (bull hammer) and it was very fluid and realistic looking. Shockingly enough the post match replay even showed the whole segment!

Top Bottom