• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

ssjali

Its actually worth it this year I feel. I have no regrets.

Man how are people getting the rko on the breakouts?! Or any finisher for that matter?!?! Nothing pops up and they usually end up punching me!!

Breakout is attacking during the entrance? I dont have it yet, but I guess they just give Orton a special move before the match (if this option is still in 2K16).

Super lame! If you got it on PS4, you can add me (same user name as GAF).

For sure. After waiting for almost 2 hours to talk to someone at Dell they credited me more to my credit card than what I paid for the game so they are paying me now to take the game.

Symtendo

Quick pre-load question.

this is my first preload and despite the store saying it's about 50 GB the current saying loading preload says it's 4 GB. is this normal? I don't want to get to Friday and not have it downloaded

GravyButt

Quick pre-load question.

this is my first preload and despite the store saying it's about 50 GB the current saying loading preload says it's 4 GB. is this normal? I don't want to get to Friday and not have it downloaded
It's downloading the rest in the background. If you go to the 2k16 icon and click i think the options button on the controller and then information I believe itll show you the full size and currently downloading size

Pretty enjoyable so far but Mycareer looks likes it's going to be an endless grind and Renee is horrifying in it. Universe isn't the same matches over and over so far so that's a plus too. Matches take quite a bit longer to finish but jobbers shouldn't pop up from the AA after Cena beats them to a pulp.

Symtendo

It's downloading the rest in the background. If you go to the 2k16 icon and click i think the options button on the controller and then information I believe itll show you the full size and currently downloading size

I'm on PS4 and the info says "download status 840MB/3.783 GB" nothing about a full size :(

I'm sure it's fine but don't want to miss out on Friday

Pretty enjoyable so far but Mycareer looks likes it's going to be an endless grind and Renee is horrifying in it. Universe isn't the same matches over and over so far so that's a plus too. Matches take quite a bit longer to finish but jobbers shouldn't pop up from the AA after Cena beats them to a pulp.

can you edit universe matches and still have it be cpu vs cpu?

GravyButt

I'm on PS4 and the info says "download status 840MB/3.783 GB" nothing about a full size :(

I'm sure it's fine but don't want to miss out on Friday
Are you clicking the tile on the menu? Or are you looking on your actual download list? Your going to need to do it from the tile on the menu. Like where you would choose a game to play.

The game is pretty good. My only issue is the limited CAW parts and some of the selling/move animations. Austin showcase is pretty ok, not as good as the showcases in 13&14 but enjoyable.

shanafan

Getting used to this pinning mechanic.Haven't won a match yet, as the meter is unpredictable where I will need to kick out with each count.

Iron Man match, me as Bret vs HBK. Computer doesn't get in any offense other than reversals but manages to pin me with one superkick. Meanwhile I'm piledriving him into oblivion and it never does the job. Put him in the sharpshooter and I can never get the mini game down. Lame.

Hasney

Iron Man match, me as Bret vs HBK. Computer doesn't get in any offense other than reversals but manages to pin me with one superkick. Meanwhile I'm piledriving him into oblivion and it never does the job. Put him in the sharpshooter and I can never get the mini game down. Lame.

HBK lays down for absolutely nobody

Sounds accurate working with shawn in the 90s.

How did this submission system make it to market?

By the same idiots that brought you the pin rotate the stick minigame and grapple mini game, comes the submission minigame!!! By the way one of the guys that came up with that dumbass system actually was on 2k's live stream today and couldn't even time it correctly to kick out of the first pin attempt.

By the same idiots that brought you the pin rotate the stick minigame and grapple mini game, comes the submission minigame!!! By the way one of the guys that came up with that dumbass system actually was on 2k's live stream today and couldn't even time it correctly to kick out of the first pin attempt.

Someone actually admitted to coming up with that idea?

stn

For anyone who has it...

1. How does the system work for editing actual wrestlers? Can you change anything? Does it save as an alt for that wrestler?

2. Can you put your face in the game without Kinect by just uploading a picture of your face?

Thanks.

Played a couple of hours this evening, overall really enjoying it so far. The characters all look great, the core gameplay is fun, and I haven't even touched Career or Showcase yet, in fact the only matches I have done are standard 1v1s.

Couple of complaints though:

Loading times in CAW are SLOWWWWW. Changing fabric takes forever!
The Submission system is too difficult. Too hard to make the CPU tap, and too hard to avoid tapping to the CPU. Maybe I just suck idk.
It seems like my finishers won't work sometimes. I was playing as Balor, had a stored finisher, got ready for the Coup De Grace and the prompt to do the finisher wouldn't show up.

shanafan

Digging the game.

But, does anyone feel like the matches move a little slower in 2K16 compared to 2K15? I feel like it could use a speed boost, lol.

adj_noun

How did this submission system make it to market?

I blame someone with eyes like this:

tumblr_mlp8cq2OpC1r0y8j6o1_500.gif

Played a couple of hours this evening, overall really enjoying it so far. The characters all look great, the core gameplay is fun, and I haven't even touched Career or Showcase yet, in fact the only matches I have done are standard 1v1s.

Couple of complaints though:

Loading times in CAW are SLOWWWWW. Changing fabric takes forever!
The Submission system is too difficult. Too hard to make the CPU tap, and too hard to avoid tapping to the CPU. Maybe I just suck idk.
It seems like my finishers won't work sometimes. I was playing as Balor, had a stored finisher, got ready for the Coup De Grace and the prompt to do the finisher wouldn't show up.

You're probably out of stamina. You need like 25% stamina to do a sig or fin.

This game is great, most fun I've had since here comes the pain. Love that the computer reverses a lot more and the matches really feel intense

So when you run in on an entrance it just ends the match? The fuck?

In normal (DQ-on) matches you have a certain amount of time to fight outside the ring before the ref throws the match. Both wrestlers have to get in the ring so the bell rings and then the match proceeds like usual.

Hasney

It seems you need to get them in the ring or the ref will DQ both. If you attack to early there's a chance you won't even be able to get to the ring in time.

Ah, that makes a ton of sense. They do get thrown out if it's just a brawl before getting to the ring.

Sounder2

In Universe Mode I've found that when I want to change the participants of the match I can do so under the condition that I then have to watch the match or participate in it. I cannot change the participants and then go back to the menu and simulate. Does anyone know a way around this?

Top Bottom