• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Really enjoying it, but 'normal' is way too easy.

Limited reversals actually works out great. It's not game-breaking. Just take a few hits and reverse when you've got an offensive strategy in mind. Rinse repeat.

I must be the only one who is loving the pin meter and submission system. I thought the old pin meter sucked so much. I always lost. I've kicked out before the 1 count every time with this one.

Can't wait to begin creating an arena and titles for universe mode.

TI82

Banned
So what is the verdict on the Create a Superstar/Diva? Can you actually do wild shit with it or is it just shit?

Well, here's the face of my superstar "Princess Peppermint"

ud9aXFL.jpg

VoxPop

Still on the fence if I should waste money on this game. I'm liking the improvements so far though. Is hell in a cell the same? I.e. Need special finisher / attribute to leave the cage

ECW Austins theme sounds like an SNES/PS1 JRPG

Would have loved more ECW in this game. Joey Styles did a much better job on commentary and the grimy ring and crowd look good in this game.

The Ummah

Banned
Wasted so much time trying to get a photo that would work for a caw. Guess I'm waiting until the app comes out. Back to the action!

Whoever came up with this fucking submission system where you swing the colors around the circle can GO FUCK THEMSELVES. Seriously, this is the worst shit I have ever seen in a wrestling game. Completely unintuitive trash. No matter what I do, I end up submitting to basic ass moves.

adj_noun

I must be the only one who is loving the pin meter and submission system. I thought the old pin meter sucked so much. I always lost. I've kicked out before the 1 count every time with this one.

I don't mind the pin system. I really don't care for the submission stuff.

LOL at there being only one review.

The submission minigame thing looks like it was taken right from Yuke's UFC games or at least the last one don't know if the ones before used it. Is it the same or did they screw it up?

LOL at there being only one review.

The submission minigame thing looks like it was taken right from Yuke's UFC games or at least the last one don't know if the ones before used it. Is it the same or did they screw it up?

They screwed it up. It's unresponsive as hell and the color thing doesn't stop when you pull your thumb off the stick.

shanafan

Whoever came up with this fucking submission system where you swing the colors around the circle can GO FUCK THEMSELVES. Seriously, this is the worst shit I have ever seen in a wrestling game. Completely unintuitive trash. No matter what I do, I end up submitting to basic ass moves.

I see this as a good thing. Back in the day, you would just mash buttons to get out of a submission. Really no strategy, just button mashing.

Glad to see these things evolving and getting more challenging. The game has been out one day, so it might take a few matches to get used to the new system. I'm all for it.

DryvBy

I see this as a good thing. Back in the day, you would just mash buttons to get out of a submission. Really no strategy, just button mashing.

Glad to see these things evolving and getting more challenging. The game has been out one day, so it might take a few matches to get used to the new system. I'm all for it.

It's a bit difficult to get out of as it may just need some work (or I need to play more). The first time I saw it, I didn't even understand what I was really doing.

shanafan

It's a bit difficult to get out of as it may just need some work (or I need to play more). The first time I saw it, I didn't even understand what I was really doing.

Sure. Videogames should have a learning curve, so they can be challenging because isn't that the point? ;)

enewtabie

If you aren't going to put the 4 Horsewomen in the game, they could at least put the music. So disappointing they aren't in this game.

The gameplay part of this game isn't really that bad besides the clunkiness. I'm surprised by a lot of the new animations when attacking someone near the ropes, corner, tables, etc. They just need everything to flow faster and smoother together. But ffs overhaul the graphics please!

Striker

Those Headbanger CAW's look great.

Still figuring out how the submission system is. I thought once they changed it up they would have gotten away from allowing CPU/users to submit to basic moves, rather than with sigs or finishers. Pin system is a lot more responsive than the old one, but it has a slight learning curve.

Overall movement seems much faster than last year, which sort of felt like moving through sludge. It is definitely still sim, but it's a bit quicker.

Messing with the Superstar customization and it has some good options this year. Can't believe how 2K destroyed that variety last year. Hair was like 13 pieces. Now it's over 100. Still don't favor the body/face morphing over the old way Yukes did it last-gen. But overall it's okay. It takes an awful long time getting everything right for a character to go along with editing moves.

DaddyDonuts

Neo Member
Really enjoying the 2-3 hours I've played of this so far. The pacing of matches is pretty darn good. I enjoy the chain wrestling, but I wonder if attributes/skills play into it at all? It'd be cool if it was easier to chain wrassle with Daniel Bryan than Ryback, for example. The limited reversals is pretty much what sold me on the game to begin with, it adds a much-needed layer of strategy and risk-weighing. I don't mind the submission meter business, but I hate the pin one. I shouldn't be able to kick out before a 1 count late in a match after a big move so often, it's silly. I'd much rather have hold down X like Fire Pro or something, with the option to use the resiliency skill, of course. Oh well.

I've had some really fun matches, some with several finisher kickout, some with none. I also like holding on to my reversals until I get a Major Reversal to swing momentum. they're tricky, as they should be, but the couple I've pulled off have been rewarding.

I'm having trouble doing dives to the outside. Any tips on timing?

GOOD STUFFS. Need a Sasha Banks CAW ASAP.

Nameless

Is the A.I. still fucked ? That's the main thing that's soured me on the series in the past and kept me from the last couple of iterations.

I am surprise by the Embargo for this game.. I had doubts with this game but I seen many streams and positive reviews from fans so I decided to bite the bullet.

Yes, this game not perfect, but it is WAY BETTER than 2K15. I am having way more fun with this title. I enjoyed the already mentioned updated animations for the moves..

And I still can't get enough with the new Breakout (interference) during the intros. I think this was a definite step in the right direction for Yukes and 2K. I don't understand their fears with the embargo?

Or maybe they were scared to get minimum exposure if the reviews came out at the same time as Halo 5?

Really enjoying it so far. The new animations and moves are quite good. For example, try to run and hit a strike to an opponent standing near the rope, and instead of falling down, he will be knocked over the ropes and fall outside the ring instead. Then the entrance interference is cool. Attacked Sting mid entrance and beat the crap out of him using his own bat. I will try interfering biker Taker and see what happens.

DryvBy

Really enjoying it so far. The new animations and moves are quite good. For example, try to run and hit a strike to an opponent standing near the rope, and instead of falling down, he will be knocked over the ropes and fall outside the ring instead. Then the entrance interference is cool. Attacked Sting mid entrance and beat the crap out of him using his own bat. I will try interfering biker Taker and see what happens.

I have ran into a few problems with animations. One of the best ones is when someone is coming into the ring and you're already flying outside from a turnbuckle. Seems like it always lands as me floating in the air for a bit.

But overall, no major complaints.

TwIsTeD

I really like the game - but the submission system can go to hell - its not user friendly in my opinion - and if I dont learn it quick than 3:16 2k Showcase is never gonna get past Brett Hart

Top Bottom