• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Roadblock: End of the Line |OT| : End of the Thread Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
LOL way to bury the RAW Women's Division, Charlotte.

I don't think she has any actual idea after saying Bayley wasn't ready. Is she going to name another heel like Nia Jax?

I like Booker in the Stephen A role. He does that well. Ric Flair was a personal close friend of his. He knows this isn't what Ric would want.

Syder

I remember at Mania after Charlotte won thinking 'ahhh, I can wait a year before Sasha gets a title'. Now she's held it 3 times and Charlotte's held it 4... FUCKING FOUR.

1269.gif

Oh, and Becky's won and dropped a title too.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Last 10 minutes of Charlette/Sasha Banks was good, outside of the choice for winner.

Cruiserweight match was ok.

Kevin Owen's dumb cheesy friend speech outside jerico's room was fantastic

Everything else put me to sleep.

norm9

Just caught the mini Shield reunion at the end of the ppv. Breaking two tables and still felt lackluster. Might as well add Ambrose too for the dumpster fire Shield and they can all be heels again.

cordy

Banned
Finally, we're seeing God's greatest gift to mankind aka Neville step foot in this horrid division to show them how it's done. Surely, Neville with his Peter Parker-like agility and Akuma-like diverse moveset will show what Cruiserweights in today's WWE can truly do.

Heroman

Banned
Finally, we're seeing God's greatest gift to mankind aka Neville step foot in this horrid division to show them how it's done. Surely, Neville with his Peter Parker-like agility and Akuma-like diverse moveset will show what Cruiserweights in today's WWE can truly do.
Don't work yourself into a shoot.

Sami vs Strowman was the worst WWE match I've seen this year. I thought I was past the point where anything WWE did made me mad, but this one did it. What a waste of everyone's time. Can't even say that Sami is the most prominent jobber Strowman has beat because at least Ellsworth is getting a bit of main event spotlight.

When Neville kicking cruiserweight royalty ass is the high point of your PPV, you know you fucked up.

kirblar

The problem is that in a situtation like this, you normally do a transitional back and forth and then go with the new champ. But since Charlotte's a heel and Bayley's the only challenger, and the division is really, really understaffed (who woulda thought Smackdown wound up with the better end of the draft) you get this mess instead of what happened in 2000 with HHH->Rock->HHH->Rock.

Heroman

Banned
The problem is that in a situtation like this, you normally do a transitional back and forth and then go with the new champ. But since Charlotte's a heel and Bayley's the only challenger, and the division is really, really understaffed (who woulda thought Smackdown wound up with the better end of the draft) you get this mess instead of what happened in 2000 with HHH->Rock->HHH->Rock.
You shouldn't really hot potatoes belt the only why it worked back was the Rock who was a mega star.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The division is understaffed because they spent their entire time building up the same 2 women over and over and over. Even when they established feuds for the women outside of Sasha/Charlote they were never given the mic time or ring time that Charlotte and Sasha got.

Like most of the raw womens roster are better in-ring than Alexa. But she got dedicated time and an angle on Smackdown, so it makes her look good. You think someone like Summer Rae is going to get any angle other than 'your boyfriend wants me'?

Dude. It's entertainment, scripted, as-in-fucking fake. Those title run lengths mean jack shit.

This is a huge issue with today's WWE. Even though wrestling is, and has always been what you say it is, it was never so blatantly obvious as it is now. Even though WWE has been more outlandish in the past, inside its own bubble things made logical sense, and as a result it was possible to get lost in storylines and become invested in what they presented. So many things, including hot potating the title in the women's division, make that an impossibility in recent years.

The crazy thing is WWE knows how to make interesting programming. They have done it with various NXT feuds. They did it on the main roster with Brock/Lesnar. They seemingly refuse to do it on a grand, company wide, scale even though they have the talent to do so.

This is a huge issue with today's WWE. Even though wrestling is, and has always been what you say it is, it was never so blatantly obvious as it is now. Even though WWE has been more outlandish in the past, inside its own bubble things made logical sense, and as a result it was possible to get lost in storylines and become invested in what they presented. So many things, including hot potating the title in the women's division, make that an impossibility in recent years.

The crazy thing is WWE knows how to make interesting programming. They have done it with various NXT feuds. They did it on the main roster with Brock/Lesnar. They seemingly refuse to do it on a grand, company wide, scale even though they have the talent to do so.

Isn't NXT completely in HHH control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom