• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Marketplace E3 Monday stuff is up

hyp said:
more than one level?!? awesome. sucks that i'm work right now.... arrgh.
Yeah, you can select either one right from the start.

Also, I have to say how I impressed I am with the human enemies. They seem to have really solid AI, and they are a lot of fun to fight against because you can hear them yelling orders to each other and coordinating attacks.

sharukins

Banned
drohne said:
lost planet looks spectacular -- clean and solid, really convincing motion blur, gorgeous explosions. it seems to be a thoroughly generic third-person shooter, though, and the player character is painfully slow. i don't think i'd be interested if the graphics were mediocre. but they're not. and i suppose i am.

i thought next gen was about graphics ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
test drive is, as expected, shit.

and no lost planet download for me... in fact, now the market place wont let me download anything... maybe they are adding and removing content?

Superfrog

My LP demo download stopped at 50%. When I tried to resume the demo wasn't available anymore. Multiple refreshs didn't work either. Too bad :(

Is anyone around here still seeing or downloading it?

Haklong

thorns said:
I can't downlad shit, what's up with that? I have a 10mbit connection. Shame on you microsoft!

I have the opposite damn problem. Everything is downloading fast, Got test drive in 11 minutes. All of the other trailers were fast too. But Lost Planet isn't on my list. God dammit.

thorns

Banned
Haklong said:
I have the opposite damn problem. Everything is downloading fast, Got test drive in 11 minutes. All of the other trailers were fast too. But Lost Planet isn't on my list. God dammit.

I'm in Sweden, and my downloads are usually very fast. I tried to login with my US account just in case MS is screwing up European users.. but still the same.. Not to mention I have to restart every 10 minutes or so.

drohne said:
lost planet looks spectacular -- clean and solid, really convincing motion blur, gorgeous explosions. it seems to be a thoroughly generic third-person shooter, though, and the player character is painfully slow. i don't think i'd be interested if the graphics were mediocre. but they're not. and i suppose i am.
Use the bumpers to turn 90 degrees. Makes movement much easier. Also, he's running in snow. I'd like to see you sprint in snow up to your knees.

Then again, everyone jumps like a goat. I am curious to see if the grapple gets real use in the game or if it's just a rarely used toy.

thorns said:
I'm in Sweden, and my downloads are usually very fast. I tried to login with my US account just in case MS is screwing up European users.. but still the same.. Not to mention I have to restart every 10 minutes or so.
Same here (Italy). I tried with a japan account but with no luck :-(

Note to MS: please be sure to enable torrent-like P2P downloading between consoles before next E3. Larry, please do it.

GreekWolf

Lost Planet is absolutely, positively a-m-a-z-i-n-g, and anyone who says otherwise is intentionally trolling.

Reminds me of the clowns trolling the MGS4 trailer last year :lol

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I played the second level. It is much better than the first one. More action-packed and the enemies were all a little bit more intelligent (in the first level you can just stand still like in a shooting gallery and take the bugs out). Graphics seem better in the second level. There are also some destructable objects in the second level (the look-out towers can be taken out with a grenade).

When you press up on the d-pad the camera moves closer to you and its more over-the-shoulder. I like this view better because it feels more immersive and the minor details are more noticable because its zoomed in.

I still agree with drohne though that it does feel somewhat generic (but less so after playing the second level). Hopefully the game will open up more as you progress, which it probably will. The main character still moves slow though.

So yeah, it looks like I may be eating a side-helping of crow with my dinner this evening. A small one. I suppose my original impressions were so negative because I had such high expectations for the game. Yes, the graphics and animation are a-m-a-z-i-n-g but I was really expecting something with a little more meat to it, gameplay wise, for some reason. A self-imposed media blackout may be to blame for this. That may explain why I was somewhat put off by the demo initially. Plus I am a huge Capcom fan (have been since Megaman) so my expectations might have been too high for that reason as well.

Of All Trades said:
Use the bumpers to turn 90 degrees. Makes movement much easier. Also, he's running in snow. I'd like to see you sprint in snow up to your knees.

Then again, everyone jumps like a goat. I am curious to see if the grapple gets real use in the game or if it's just a rarely used toy.
I used the grappling hook a lot on the second level. It doesn't seem to do anything when you hit an enemy and pull yourself towards him, but I found it useful for scaling the small buildings and getting over a wall so that I could attack the enemy from the flank that was not guarded by the mech. In fact, you can skip a fair bit of the level if you scale the wall that I did.

Also, wtf are you supposed to do when you actually enter the fortress?
Those mechs are right on top of you when you open the door and they smash right through your cover. How can you live through that?

I was very impressed by the demo. It seemed to have the same high production values and attention to detail and the way things ought to move that really made RE4 special. I can't wait to see RE5 now.

crunker99

First off, anyoen who says the TDU demo is good and Lost Planet isnt may not have full command of their faculties

The TDU demo looks like a farting orangutan next to the Lost Planet demo..

Lost Planet is amazing, TDU has bad Xbox1 graphics and my car actually got stuck in mid air at one point. Oh yeah, but it own Lost Planet. Get real people! Lost Planet is damn near better than some full XBox360 games, and it comes with two super long maps!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Damn this site is already slow as fuck.

Anyway, I'm home now and can't find the LP demo for shit!

Mrbob

Looks like the LP demo was pulled. I can't get it either.

Featured downloads always has Battle for Middle Earth II now. :/

Speevy

Banned
Mrbob said:
Looks like the LP demo was pulled. I can't get it either.

Featured downloads always has Battle for Middle Earth II now. :/

it's officially available tomorrow. I can't get it either. Kudos to those who have it already though.

arne

I can't believe I missed the lost planet demo. although nothing but gamer pics seem to want to download at the hotel.

will you all please log off XBL so I can download the trailers??? plzkthx.

Seth C

Los Planet isn't showing for me, but it doesn't matter because I can't download anything anyway. I click it, and it immediately says "connection lost." Meh.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck that,nm.

raYne

arne said:
will you all please log off XBL so I can download the trailers??? plzkthx.
:lol If it's just the trailers you want, you could always get them from Blim.

DaCocoBrova said:
Damn this site is already slow as fuck.
Yeah man... and E3 hasn't even started yet. This is ridiculous.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Of All Trades said:
Also, he's running in snow. I'd like to see you sprint in snow up to your knees.

fair point, but it's not as if he's any faster when he's out of the snow. it's not a big deal in combat, but just walking from one point to another you're like "HURRY UP FUCKER"

i'll try the second level later. i don't think it's bad, and i really like the weighty feel of all the animations. it just feels like one of the less-inspired incarnations of a game i've played a hundred times before.

GAF is slowing to a crawl...again. This place should be down in another couple of hours or so.

And speaking of crawling - fucking XBL. I've downloaded all the trailers and the Test Drive demo reasonably fast but I keep getting these god damn connection errors. Either I can't connect or I lose my connection. Anger....

The trailers didn't really impress me outside of Dead Rising. That looks freakin' brilliant. All those people complaining about those horrid screenshots from awhile back need to see this. Between Dead Rising and Lost Planet, Capcom really seems to have their shit together for "next gen".

And Test Drive Unlimited = crap. Not particularly fun nor is it pretty to look at.

Now someone get off XBL so I can download that Lost Planet demo.

arne

raYne said:
:lol If it's just the trailers you want, you could always get them from Blim.

good point, then I wouldn't have to suffer the ignominy of watching it via RGB inputs. :(

but i want them on the 360 now. because i'm stubborn like that.

Uncle

Damn I want to try Dead Rising. I laughed out loud when the zombie starts spinning on the whateverthingie hitting all the other zombies and then finally flies into the air still spinning.

mikeGFG

Banned
Fuck. Life.

I can't download anything, "Connection Lost" on every file. Dangit, I really wanted to watch that Sonic trailer too :/

Seth C

Brothers in Arms, that isn't the game we were all going crazy for that looked fantastic in screen shots, is it? I admit I don't really follow the WWII shooters very closely, so I'm not sure. I hope not anyway, because in the trailer Brothers in Arms doesn't look much better than COD2.

Dead Rising looks awesome, though. I had no idea that there were cars and tanks to drive. Added multiplayer combat stuff, maybe? That would be a really nice bonus considering the play time for the story mode is supposed to be quite short.

squicken

These trailers are very compressed. The 720p BIA trailer from IGN and Gamespot looks much better than the one Marketplace. I have both my computer and 360 hooked up to my Sammy DLp, both outputting at the native rez of the TV. It's not a display/connection issue. Hopefully the Halo 3 trailer gets a better bit rate.

Seth C

Bullet Witch = Next-Gen Bloodrayne? Looks like it to me.

Rain is Splinter Cell + Zombies + Weird guy from Shenmue? Okay then.

John Woo's Stranglehood starring Chow-Yun Fat looks like a lot of fun. Considering I expect pretty much nothing from Midway, I'm excited. Hopefully it plays well.

I like what I've played of the Lost Planet demo so far. I was gunning down creatures in the parking garage when I got a booty call and quit my game. Now that that's over, I can say Lost Planet demo > my afternoon roll in the hay :/

Seth C

Oh, Sonic, you look beautiful. Why did you let that stupid Shadow vehicle driving shit in to your game? It looked like so much fun until I saw that. I don't want to have to play through that garbage just to get to your levels.

Also, who is this white hedgehog?

LuCkymoON

Banned
So let me get this straight, these are all the demos that will be on display at E3? If so thats amazingly cool, I wonder what Sony and Nintendo think of this? bringing E3 home...

LuCkymoON said:
So let me get this straight, these are all the demos that will be on display at E3?

No. The only actual demos that'll be released this week are Test Drive Unlimited (shit), Lost Planet, and MotoGP3. Everything else is just trailers.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
No. The only actual demos that'll be released this week are Test Drive Unlimited (shit), Lost Planet, and MotoGP3. Everything else is just trailers.

I hope they have collisions turned on.
And my Test Drive demo froze on me halfway through gameplay =(

I couldn't stand playing Test Drive long enough to have it freeze up on me. The cars felt like they were magneticaly attached to the road. And why the hell are the streets elevated? Pretty poor demo, imo.

Atari should pull this one soon.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I couldn't stand playing Test Drive long enough to have it freeze up on me. The cars felt like they were magneticaly attached to the road. And why the hell are the streets elevated? Pretty poor demo, imo.

Atari should pull this one soon.

Oh crap Atari made it. :lol
I should know better than to play their games let alone a DEMO.

Test Drive Unlimited isn't nearly as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be.

Xbox 1 graphics?! The game may not look as good as some other 360 games but it definitely doesn't look like an Xbox game. The handling of the vehicles isn't bad either, it feels like a stiffer NFS to me. Which isn't bad. Sure it could be better but the cars are fun to drive and at least you're not fighting with them constantly. Unfortunately, the demo does lock up at random but hey, I'd rather have an E3 demo at home than not.

I like the whole concept of "massively open online racing" or whatever they call it, this game may be worth a purchase yet.:)

Darien, you may want to hunt down a friend with a 360 and give the game a spin. This game alone isn't worth a 360, but there's already a bunch of games out that are. I'm surprised someone would consider a 360 purchase based on this game over PGR3, now theres a game that's worth the purchase of a 360.:D Hell, I bought all 3 racing launch titles and played the shit out of all of them, I loved them all in thier own ways.

raYne

So, anyone know exactly when the Lost Planet demo should be back up? Or are we playing the "wait and see" game again?

I can't wait for everything else of course, but LP is calling me!

PanopticBlue said:
Test Drive Unlimited isn't nearly as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be.
Oh it is..

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
PanopticBlue said:
Darien, you may want to hunt down a friend with a 360 and give the game a spin. This game alone isn't worth a 360, but there's already a bunch of games out that are. I'm surprised someone would consider a 360 purchase based on this game over PGR3, now theres a game that's worth the purchase of a 360.:D Hell, I bought all 3 racing launch titles and played the shit out of all of them, I loved them all in thier own ways.

Thanks, I'll probably take the plunge when I come back from my wireless conference I'm going to next week. For me I'm kinda interested in PGR3 but I feel like the model of race to unlock to race more might get me tired of it quickly. I'd loved Most Wanted except that I already enjoyed and finished it on the PS2. That leaves Ridge Racer... Now there are a few more titles RPGs and such that are coming that will make this a no-brainer purchase for me, it's just not quite there yet...

raYne said:
So, anyone know exactly when the Lost Planet demo should be back up? Or are we playing the "wait and see" game again?

I can't wait for everything else of course, but LP is calling me!

Oh it is..

Hopefully today's stuff will go up around the same time yesterday's went up:

Around Noon EST/9AM PST.

Can't wait... I missed out on the Lost Planet demo, too!

raYne

heavy liquid said:
Can't wait... I missed out on the Lost Planet demo, too!
Indeed. I must've refreshed the Featured page over 20 times. It certainly didn't help that people on my friends list were already playing the demo, and others were confirming it was there.

:lol :/

trmas

Banned
The Brother in Arms and Sonic trailers look good. So, surprisingly does the Lord of the Rings RTS game. The rest is just garbage. Can't wait for the LP demo today - I was working yesterday when it was available.

Top Bottom