• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Marketplace E3 Monday stuff is up

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Looks like all of us that got stuck live in Europe...

I'm back to 94% again though... sigh...

And I live in Holland too (well, I moved to Holland) and I see all of the other trailers too...

colinp

Banned
Downloading quite fast from Blim ;)

Thanks for the hard work Blim! Much appreciated.

Thus far, Stranglehold looks pretty bad ass.

Sonic looks cool. I don't think the realistic Eggman looks too bad. Why, oh why, did they give Shadow a warthog? And who's the white hedgehog?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
ShutEye said:
Dead Rising looks awesome, but why are you fighting a tank at the end of the trailer?

I think there is still a lot about the game that we don't know. My guess is the devs want to keep most of that stuff under wraps but they wanted to share just that little segment.

BlizzyAzz said:
... and a download manager / queue
Yeah, I can sorta understand why they didn't have a queue-ing system prior to now, since there was never a big blitz of content, but I want to download every E3 trailer.

97%!!!!!!

Some trailer thoughts:

Stranglehold: Looks interesting, gives me a Dead to Rights 1 vibe, they really nailed Chow-Yun Fat's face, graphics seem OK

BIA 3: Same as we've seen before, but seeing it on a larger HDTV is great. CG or no, graphics seem totally plausible, not mind-blowing graphically, but I like the way this is going

Sonic: The minimal gameplay segments they show look good, but damn the story stuff couldnt' be anymore cheesy. You can tell the voice acting sucks already.

Battlestations: When they finally get to showing gameplay, disappointing, doesn't look impressive, although the land sea air thing might be interesting.

Dead Rising: This game looks completely weird and fun. Lots of different locations shown, graphics are good, not great. If this game has any lasting value though, looks like a blast

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
SnowWolf said:
Lost Planet demo!! :D

WHHHHAATTTTT???

OMG OMG OMG

Seriously, if this TD:U demo doesn't finish up this last 2% in less than 5 minutes, it's gonna be a big F-U to Atari!!!

Holy sh*t - Lost Planet demo a day early!!!

Microsoft, Capcom, I love you... oh how I love you...

Belfast

Yep, it is apparently up. Don't look for it in the "E3 2006" folder, though. Just look in the featured downloads.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Actually, it looks like the Lost Planet demo may have been pulled. Whatever you do, if you're currently downloading, don't cancel it! Otherwise you're going to lose it and won't be able to resume.

Ok, this is minor, but the way the main characters turning animation (at least while the gun is raised) is handled is pretty neat. Basically, your upper body twists as far as it can, then he kinda hops to reposition his feet, just like you would in real life.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So only a select few were able to get it in time. I hate you early bird fools. :D

Detailed impressions and pics, please.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
*Calls wifey*

"You know the drill! Demo, keyword: Lost Planet. Go Go GO!"

:)

Hard work pays off.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I f'ing hate all of you that have the Lost Planet demo... I don't see it in New downloads or Feature downloads...

F'ing Test Drive... I could have been playing Lost Planet instead... this TD demo better be worth it... son of a...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lost Planet demo was up for me just now,I just started downloading....

I'm at 10%.

hadareud

The Translator
strange, Lost Planet is nowhere to be found with my UK profile. Luckily it's there with my US one. Downloading now :D

C4Lukins

Quick Reviews

Bullet Witch- Still not looking very hot. There is really nothing about it that is impressive graphically. The gameplay looks interesting, and if implemented right could be fun, but I hope they put a lot more work into the game.

DDR- Pretty much what you would expect. The online modes could really add a lot to the experience.

Rain- The gameplay shots in this are so brief, it is hard to give much of an opinion on it. The graphics looked decent enough, but it looked like Sam Fisher somehow got lost in Raccoon City.

Sonic- Looks really good. The graphics are not all that technically impressive, but at the speed Sonic is moving, they look great. Gameplay looked interesting, and less like a Sonic rail jumper.

Stranglehold- I'm still not sure what to think about this one. A definite upgrade from the stuff we have seen before. The character models are not great, but the actual environments lend themselves well to the type of films it mimics. If they get the controls perfect, this one could turn out to be a blast.

Brothers in Arms 3- Visually on par with Call of Duty 2 for 360, or possibly even less impressive. A lot of physics seem to be going on though and destructable environments. I am pretty excited to see what they can do with this.

LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2- Loks just like the PC version, unfortunatly the trailer doesn't really give us any indication of how the controls will work.

Dead Rising- Same old stuff with a couple of short driving sequences thrown in.

Battlestations- The air fighting already looks more impressive then Blazing Angels, and the fact that you can control subs, and battleships also could make this one really interesting. I hope you can switch between different vehicles on the fly and that their is some sort of strategic depth to it.

Ok, keep in mind I have not fully explored the demo:

Two missions, one against bugs, one against people. Bug mission feels oddly similar to Gunvalkerie, but without the too hard or the control problems. Visually stunning, explosions look as good as they did in the trailer. The ambush bug thing is big, and looks like a larger version of a HL2 antlion. Attacks by swiping. Grenades are sticky. After you blow up some bug hatching pods you go into an abandoned garage, where your flashlight turns on and you get that effect, also nice. Also a shotgun (you start with machine gun). Not too tough so far, but that could be for any reason.

Visuals are seriously impressive. VERY nice animation. Decent sound. Not sure what to make of the temp gauge, you pick up orange bits to make it go up. I'm guessing it acts as a timer. Haven't found a mech suit yet, back to playing.

ascully

Lost planet demo is in the featured section, I am downloading it now. Weird thing is it wasnt there a second ago then i refreshed and it was.

golem

im fairly sure that stranglehold trailer is old... maybe even from last E3. didnt see any new sequences in it

Top Bottom