• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Slayven

I've got some free codes up for grabs! I was going to put them in this post but it's always lame to see some lurkers get them in silence while everyone else is sadfaced, so screw that. PM if you want a free code for any of the following; one code per poster to keep this fair.

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)

Pmed for minecraft

Galdelico

I've got some free codes up for grabs! I was going to put them in this post but it's always lame to see some lurkers get them in silence while everyone else is sadfaced, so screw that. PM if you want a free code for any of the following; one code per poster to keep this fair.

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)
So generous of you. PM'd for Charlie Murder!

Gong

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)

What a nice thing to do, PM'd regarding Charlie Murder.

clear31

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)

sent a PM for state of decay

thanks

UraMallas

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)

I asked for CastleStorm, Charlie Muruder OR State of Decay. Those are the ones I don't own.

Edit: Just realized how late I was on this. :(

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)

Accidentally posted my PM, but still cool nonetheless. Thanks!

Raptor

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)

Please state of decay pleaseeeeee!!!!

- CastleStorm
- Charlie Murder
- Mark of the Ninja
- Minecraft
- State of Decay (2x)

Mark of the Ninja \o/

Try the demo for One Finger Death Punch (if you haven't already). It is SO addictive
It's already out on XBIG, coming to PC later this year
Marketplace
Greenlight
Trailer
Download demo
Experience cinema kung-fu in the fastest, most intense brawler the world has ever seen. With its unique 1:1 response system, players will feel the immediate feedback of every bone-crunching hit. Pay tribute to the masters using five classic kung-fu styles mixed with additional weapons. Combine face-to-face combat with throwing weapons to recreate complex fight choreography or just send a bad guy through a plate glass window. Explore a world map with over 250 stages, 13 modes, and 3 difficulty levels. Unlock 21 different skills that can be combined in thousands of ways to assist you in your journey. Put your kung-fu to the ultimate test in the survival mode. So you think you’re good? Try “blind” survival mode. Only for grandmasters.

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

aku:jiki

Previously listed codes are all gone. Sorry to those that missed out - if you didn't get a reply from me, that means someone was faster than you. Don't have the time to reply to 20+ PMs right now, so this post will have to do.

Hellraider said:
God dammit I am always late when someone gives away stuff! :(
Check your PMs. It's not as good as the stuff I had up originally but it's something anyway.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Big Thanks:) I always feel the right thing to do after such a thing is to let someone else get a go, if I happen to catch the next such giveaway... so good luck to those who missed out this time!

Hellraider

Previously listed codes are all gone. Sorry to those that missed out - if you didn't get a reply from me, that means someone was faster than you. Don't have the time to reply to 20+ PMs right now, so this post will have to do.

Check your PMs. It's not as good as the stuff I had up originally but it's something anyway.

You are the best.

You are great and I am late.

are there any blackjack games on the arcade or anything? i see some indie ones, but i'd really like one with somewhat active multiplayer. i'm enjoying WSOP pro bc i can play it casually as i work (aside from all its shit optimization), basically would like something like that for blackjack..

edit: i guess online isn't a huge deal in blackjack, it'd be nice to have the ability to bs over voice with other players though. any games available?

UraMallas

Got me some State of Decay! You are the man, yo. THE man.

Zodzilla

Ended up getting Mark of the Ninja from aju:jiki. Super thankful for it! Thanks, dude!

motocross madness looks really fun. i think i'm gonna get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsbIy_7CK2c

i'm guessing the online is probably dead though? which stinks, hope i'm wrong..

fuck it i got it the demo was fun, solid $5 purchase. add me if u got it and want to play, 'doctor angus md'.

wow you can bring a split screen player online. not a lot of games let you do that. i really wish this game wasn't dead online it's solid.

acm2000

I've noticed a pattern in that all F2P games run like complete arse on 360. Not sure what the issue is, but from CC2 to Spartacus to Poker, they all have one thing in common - they run like complete shit.

happy wars runs fine, have to admit i do love me some happy wars even though its really not my kind of thing i still keep going back to it

Montresor

The answer is that it really isn't that good. It's a stylish and charming but shallow and simplistic stealth game. Good for a few hours worth of fun, especially in co-op with friends who know what they're doing, but nowhere near a rival to proper stealth games like your Thiefs and your MGSes and whatnot. Like a snickers bar versus a steak, pretty much.

It can get intense and funny, like Truelize noted, but I don't feel like that's because of something the game does. The intensity comes from the weaker parts of the game; there are situations where it is literally impossible to sneak past guards and all you can do is just run straight through the sensors, in full view of the guards, and hope you can grab the loot and get around a corner and hide in a bush before they kill you. The intensity and hilarity comes from situations like that, not from sublime game design.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've noticed a pattern in that all F2P games run like complete arse on 360. Not sure what the issue is, but from CC2 to Spartacus to Poker, they all have one thing in common - they run like complete shit.

I had no problems at all with Doritos CC2.

I had major problems. It was mostly server related at the beginning but now it's random glitches or the controls suddenly not responding. I haven't played it in some time though, so maybe they've patched it since.

I got all the achievements in it and (beyond the initial launch problems) didn't have any issues at all.

I'm not sure a single online-only game hasn't fucked up massively when it launched.

aku:jiki

I got all the achievements in it and (beyond the initial launch problems) didn't have any issues at all.
Neither did I. My major problem with CC2 was that the game tries to play itself. Like it tries to predict what you're trying to do, making minute movements (to get stars) a pain in the ass sometimes. No idea what kind of game designer thought that was a good idea.

And speaking of crappy launches, I got an invite to the World of Tanks beta and they took down the servers the same day. I got to download a launcher to a black screen. Okay? wut

happy wars runs fine, have to admit i do love me some happy wars even though its really not my kind of thing i still keep going back to it

idk if they patched it but back in the day it used to do this shit where you'd stay at the matchup screen for like ten minutes and nothing would happen

Vert boil

Demo for Freefall Racers still isn't up.

Few other reductions,
Unless there is a Namco Bandai weekend sale these are most likely perms.
If anymore drop I'll add them.

**US prices have dropped and a few CA prices have started to drop as well. Still waiting to see if it goes worldwide**

Body and Brain Connection - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Enslaved - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Eternal Sonata - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

MUD - 30$ (2400msp) (was 50$)

Ridge Racer 6 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Ridge Racer Unbounded - 20$ (1600msp) (was 40$)

Soul Calibur IV - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Soul Calibur V - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Tales of Vesperia - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$) **Only the US/CA GoD version have dropped. Some others regions have a different GoD listing so if they do drop, it will probably take a little while.

Tekken 6 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

ok between the free angry birds, WSOP, dead rising games, ac 2, cheap additions of tales of vesperia, motocross madness, etc etc etc and gta V in a week, i really need a good 32 gb flash drive for my xbox.

can someone link me to a good flash drive? i need one that is fast so it won't lag if i put a demanding game like nba 2k (picking that up on GOD this month as well) on it. price isn't an issue i just really don't want it to be noticable that i'm running games off the flash drive.

also stop posting requests for free stuff in this topic lol, can't you guys PM people when they offer free stuff? it's pointless to clog up this thread with giveaway responses besides general thank yous.

Are any of you actually gonna PLAY Doodle Jump Kinect, or are you just free-game hoarding?

I only ask because there were about two people that actually bothered to try the demo and post impressions in this thread, and now all of a sudden everyone wants it?

Are any of you actually gonna PLAY Doodle Jump Kinect, or are you just free-game hoarding?

I only ask because there were about two people that actually bothered to try the demo and post impressions in this thread, and now all of a sudden everyone wants it?

Actually I would like to try to play it. I admit that I did not try the demo up to now, but I think it would be on sale next week. Even if I do not get a free code, I will check it and probably get it at discount.

statham

I will, Me and my kid will play it.

Top Bottom