• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg

Freefall Racers - 10$ (800msp), 640MB.

(demo is late, should be up sometime today.)
This game actually looks pretty cool in motion, I just wish it wasn't Kinect.

Feindflug

OK I finally got:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Mercury HG + Rare Earth Elements & Heavy Elements
Puzzle Quest
Rocket Knight
Quarrel

plus I also got 03 Pixel!, Bleed & Escape Goat from XBLIG.

Now waiting for Blood Dragon & hopefully Battleblock Theater next week. :)

Cheddahz

Banned
I didn't realize that Full House Pro had come out, is it any fun?

EDIT: Just saw that someone was giving away State of Decay, wish I would jumped on that :(

B4D1E

Need some advice. Is it worth picking up ACIII DLC? I mean not for the price but will I have fun? Is the story good? I didn't finish yet ACIII but plan to before Xbox One launches in november. Thanks for your replies!!!

Few other reductions,
Unless there is a Namco Bandai weekend sale these are most likely perms.
If anymore drop I'll add them.

Tales of Vesperia - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$) **Only the US/CA GoD version have dropped. Some others regions have a different GoD listing so if they do drop, it will probably take a little while.

This is still not cheaper in EU regions. Is there a point to keep checking, or should I not keep my hopes up?

Could be an oversight. The EU version of Vesperia is different to the US one, you can earn the achievements for both versions. Maybe they reduced it and forgot the EU one.

But yeah, that's clutching at straws, big time :lol

what site has the most definitive list of future xbla/360 releases available? i just went through a lot of results on google and there was such little overlap i don't think any site i saw felt complete.

i have a bunch of leftover discount MSP so i'm trying to figure out what's coming out that i'll want to spend it on. it'd be cool to have a good list, i played the madden demo and it's way better than the one i have (10) so i'm thinking about buying it, then i'd have enough MSP left to get GTA V, south park, and nba 2k14...i also want blood dragon tomorrow, and definitely the strider game eventually which i didn't even see on any upcoming lists anywhere...which all comes in under my budget of MSP that i have stockpiled up, but i just want to be sure i'm not forgetting any other releases i'm definitely gonna want...so yeah any sites out there have a comprehensive list?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Played and Beat Karateka for the first time today; I... actually really enjoyed this.

• The musical and motion queues are nicely done.
  • The presentation all felt like an interactive short story animation.
  • The very OBVIOUS reason as to why you should do the best you can while playing are a nice way to explain a classic desire (playing a run with the least mistakes and deaths possible) to a gaming audience that has largely forgotten, or never known this to be a priority.

I can see myself chilling with this in between TV shows or over lunch or something pretty often.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Blood Dragon and Gunslinger for the regular price of either/or, hell yeah. Hope I can play them lots until GTA5...

This seemed like a reasonable thread to ask -

Has anybody ever had a problem with renewing Gold? I've always had my subscription set to auto-renew, but this year I just allowed it to expire (today was the last day).

So it expires and I decide to go month to month. I try to re-subscribe via my Xbox and after I hit the purchase button it basically freezes, never ending loading circle. I turn my Xbox off and do the same thing again, same result.

I try going under profile and looking at my account info and get an error message that I'm having network connection issues. I'm not, though - I see my friends list, I can browse the XBLA store, there are dashboard ads, etc.

I go on my computer thinking I'll go on Xbox.com and do it that way. Still a problem! I'm getting a weird error code when I try to access the re-subscribe page.

So I go to a live chat with a tech and spend about an hour there. Dude tells me the error code I'm getting is very rare and has me run the gamut - deleting and re-downloading my profile, clearing the system cache, clearing network configuration, removing and re-installing the hard drive, no dice. Eventually he just ran out of ideas and bumped me up to tier 3 support, they're supposed to get back to me within 10 days. :|

Anybody ever have to go through anything like this? It seems to me that since I can't even resubscribe via Xbox.com, it must be a glitch with Microsoft's infrastructure somewhere. But the way the guy was having me do all sorts of tinkering with my console, as if it was a hardware or software issue, makes me worry they're going to pull some bullshit and ask me to send my console in.

So I go to a live chat with a tech and spend about an hour there. Dude tells me the error code I'm getting is very rare and has me run the gamut - deleting and re-downloading my profile, clearing the system cache, clearing network configuration, removing and re-installing the hard drive, no dice. Eventually he just ran out of ideas and bumped me up to tier 3 support, they're supposed to get back to me within 10 days. :|

Anybody ever have to go through anything like this? It seems to me that since I can't even resubscribe via Xbox.com, it must be a glitch with Microsoft's infrastructure somewhere. But the way the guy was having me do all sorts of tinkering with my console, as if it was a hardware or software issue, makes me worry they're going to pull some bullshit and ask me to send my console in.

Had a similar account problem, the only advice I can give you is.

The tier 3 won't call you back in the timeframe they say they will.

Make sure they give you a support call number before they close the chat.

Keep the support number and follow up on the call yourself after 10 days. Be prepared to have more than one call.

Yeah, I got a case number. I also got an e-mail confirming that my credit card was charged the $10 for a month of Gold, so hopefully they'll toss me a little something extra for the delay in resolution.

Vert boil

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
Doodle Jump Kinect - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

MLB 2K13 - 10$ (800msp) (was 40$)

Nicktoons MLB - 3$ (240msp) (was 30$)

-----

Rocksmith
--Bass Expansion - 10$ (800msp) (was 30$)
--Drift Away by Dobie Gray - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--Mississippi Queen by Mountain - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--The Man Who Sold the World by David Bowie - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers Band - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)

-----
Behemoth sale

Alien Hominid HD - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
BattleBlock Theater - 10.04$ (800msp) (was 15$)
Castle Crashers - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

-----
Warner Brothers publisher sale

Gotham City Impostors - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--Crime Alley Challenge Map - 1.50$ (120msp) (was 3$)
--Dem Bones Challenge Map - 1.50$ (120msp) (was 3$)

Batman: Arkham City - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--Arkham City Skins Pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Catwoman Bundle Pack - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Harley Quinn's Revenge - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Nightwing Bundle Pack - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 7$)
--Robin Bundle Pack - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 7$)
--The Arkham Bundle - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Injustice: Gods Among Us - 42$ (3360msp) (was 60$)
--Batgirl - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Blackest Night Pack 1 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--Blackest Night Pack 2 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--General Zod - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Lobo - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Martian Manhunter - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Red Son Pack 1 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--Red Son Pack 2 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--Scorpion - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)

Lego Batman 1 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Lego Batman 2 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--5 Heroes Pack - 1$ (80msp) (was 2$)
--5 Villains Pack - 1$ (80msp) (was 2$)

----------
Games with gold bits, (expires at the beginning of next week)

Magic 2013 - free (was 10$)

----------

Released today,

banner.png

Zombie Driver HD
--Tropical Race Rage - 3$ (240msp)

Could be an oversight. The EU version of Vesperia is different to the US one, you can earn the achievements for both versions. Maybe they reduced it and forgot the EU one.

But yeah, that's clutching at straws, big time :lol

I was hoping that this was the case. I wrote an email, but I don't think anything will happen. I have 1300 points left on my account and nothing to do with them, getting Vesperia would be perfect. :(

aku:jiki

Finally getting dat Blood Dragon. Everyone should get Gunslinger.

Yeah, I got a case number. I also got an e-mail confirming that my credit card was charged the $10 for a month of Gold, so hopefully they'll toss me a little something extra for the delay in resolution.
Don't just be hopeful, dude, they have no right to just take your money.

I'm in the same boat. My CC expired around the same time my Gold did. Got my new CC and now both console and Xbox.com refuse to take it, giving me an obscure error. Got MS to call me and the only thing the girl on the phone offered was to take my CC# and CVV code and I said fuck that, but she escalated it and said I'd receive a response "within 20 days".

I'm expecting it to go nowhere and that I'll be forced to buy codes and shit from now on. I bet they're going to suggest that I can totally create a new gamertag, abandonding 7 years of tenure and 150k gamerscore. They've suggested it to me before...

I've been wanting to buy some things with my remaining points but they still haven't converted to real currency yet. Does the fact that I have a US gold account when accessing live from Japan? I can't even get free stuff because it keeps telling me I have no payment system on record. I'm not giving my credit info again to them just for that.

I've been wanting to buy some things with my remaining points but they still haven't converted to real currency yet. Does the fact that I have a US gold account when accessing live from Japan? I can't even get free stuff because it keeps telling me I have no payment system on record. I'm not giving my credit info again to them just for that.

You have to try and buy something on your Xbox for it to convert your points.

Vert boil

On your 360, go to the store and proceed like you normally would to buy something and a prompt will pop up and your msp will converted to £$¥. Currently, unless you have a payment option attached to your account (CC/paypal) you'll have to use you console to download things. They are still in the process updating after switching to real currency.

Hmm. I have tried buying stuff on the console dash as per suggestions given earlier in this thread but I couldn't find any option to convert when I select buy. It just gives me my canceled credit card info and wants me to update. I must be missing something totally obvious or the option isn't available to me yet. I guess I'll just wait it out.

Vert boil

Hmm. I have tried buying stuff on the console dash as per suggestions given earlier in this thread but I couldn't find any option to convert when I select buy. It just gives me my canceled credit card info and wants me to update. I must be missing something totally obvious or the option isn't available to me yet. I guess I'll just wait it out.

Check the http://billing.microsoft.com/ site to see if it still lists your msp balance. If it does and you haven't gotten the prompt then you should contact xbox support.

Hmm, no Injustice Season Pass on sale? Kind-of disappointing.

Check back later. The kinect central bit hasn't dropped yet so other stuff will most likely appear.

Feindflug

ΟΚ something's not right lately with unlocking titles at least for me...I went to my games section found the Blood Dragon trial, pressed X and bought the game and instead of unlocking the game it's downloading the whole game again. Is that normal? :/

BTW a question about Battleblock Theater, is it worth it for the SP content? because I don't think anyone on my friends list is gonna buy it.

This is probably the best place to ask: I'm trying to transfer stuff between an old elite 360 and a slim, but none of the xbox original stuff are copying over. Suggestions?

WiZzYx

Neo Member
ΟΚ something's not right lately with unlocking titles at least for me...I went to my games section found the Blood Dragon trial, pressed X and bought the game and instead of unlocking the game it's downloading the whole game again. Is that normal? :/

BTW a question about Battleblock Theater, is it worth it for the SP content? because I don't think anyone on my friends list is gonna buy it.
Yes. You have infinite content thanks to the community. The level editor is awesome...even you can build the most insane level, and try to beat it.

Montresor

Dammit, Blood Dragon, Gunslinger, and Battleblock Theater are all on sale.

-_-

I've had the demos downloaded for awhile. I hope this is like Monaco last week - aka I try the demo and find out I don't like the game and delete the trial. Otherwise that's 1-3 games added to my backlog lol.

Montresor

Is I Am Alive worth getting on sale? Gives me a "Last of Us" sort of vibe.

Nice avatar.
Too bad that player is gone now

I heard I Am Alive is bad. Frustrating and annoying and overly-challenging game play mechanics. It's a survival game, which is not my style, and that's why I haven't bought it. I do really like the gritty and washed-out art style though.

Nice avatar.
Too bad that player is gone now

I heard I Am Alive is bad. Frustrating and annoying and overly-challenging game play mechanics. It's a survival game, which is not my style, and that's why I haven't bought it. I do really like the gritty and washed-out art style though.

Based on looks alone it seems tempting, but frustration is not high on my list of desirables (damn you Dark Souls). I'll try the demo I suppose.

Komarov had a hell of a season. Gonna miss him.

aku:jiki

Dammit, Blood Dragon, Gunslinger, and Battleblock Theater are all on sale.

-_-

I've had the demos downloaded for awhile. I hope this is like Monaco last week - aka I try the demo and find out I don't like the game and delete the trial. Otherwise that's 1-3 games added to my backlog lol.
You are already dead. Blood Dragon has the best first few minutes I think I've ever seen in a game (and it's in the demo) to get you hooked immediately, Battleblock has a similar intro that will hook you and Gunslinger is just pure gameplay fun from start to finish.

Gunslinger is the only one that might not grab you right away. It's more the sort of game where, like, the first time you try an arcade mode level you feel frustrated and ask yourself how the hell that's supposed to be possible, then you unlock a few things and "get it" and it becomes sublime gaming fun.

No one should be buying I Am Alive over either of these games.

Top Bottom