• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Jhoan

Looks like my prayers were answered; Harley Quinn's Revenge is so bought. Nothing else interests me but I highly recommend both Blood Dragon and Gunslinger. Both games are awesome for vastly different reasons but the latter is particularly so good.

Galdelico

Looks like my prayers were answered; Harley Quinn's Revenge is so bought.
Still wondering about it... I wanted the last DLC for a while, in spite of its short lenght, but I feel like I lost quite a bit of interest in the main game now.

Also, anyone played Serious Sam Double D XXL and want to help me to decide whether to buy it or not? I tried the demo and it felt decent overall, really good some times, pretty much confusing and wtf some others. Is the whole game worthy?

I know they are both cheap, but I'm on the fence between them/other stuff on the eShop.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like my prayers were answered; Harley Quinn's Revenge is so bought. Nothing else interests me but I highly recommend both Blood Dragon and Gunslinger. Both games are awesome for vastly different reasons but the latter is particularly so good.
I'm not seeing a full list of what went on sale today, I know of Blood Dragon and Gunslinger, anything else?

CackleAndHide

Neo Member
I'm not seeing a full list of what went on sale today, I know of Blood Dragon and Gunslinger, anything else?

From the previous page:

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
Doodle Jump Kinect - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

MLB 2K13 - 10$ (800msp) (was 40$)

Nicktoons MLB - 3$ (240msp) (was 30$)

-----

Rocksmith
--Bass Expansion - 10$ (800msp) (was 30$)
--Drift Away by Dobie Gray - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--Mississippi Queen by Mountain - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--The Man Who Sold the World by David Bowie - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)
--Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers Band - 2$ (160msp) (was 3$)

-----
Behemoth sale

Alien Hominid HD - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
BattleBlock Theater - 10.04$ (800msp) (was 15$)
Castle Crashers - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

-----
Warner Brothers publisher sale

Gotham City Impostors - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--Crime Alley Challenge Map - 1.50$ (120msp) (was 3$)
--Dem Bones Challenge Map - 1.50$ (120msp) (was 3$)

Batman: Arkham City - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--Arkham City Skins Pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Catwoman Bundle Pack - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Harley Quinn's Revenge - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Nightwing Bundle Pack - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 7$)
--Robin Bundle Pack - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 7$)
--The Arkham Bundle - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Injustice: Gods Among Us - 42$ (3360msp) (was 60$)
--Batgirl - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Blackest Night Pack 1 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--Blackest Night Pack 2 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--General Zod - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Lobo - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Martian Manhunter - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)
--Red Son Pack 1 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--Red Son Pack 2 - 2.09$ (~160msp) (was 3$)
--Scorpion - 3.50$ (280msp) (was 5$)

Lego Batman 1 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Lego Batman 2 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--5 Heroes Pack - 1$ (80msp) (was 2$)
--5 Villains Pack - 1$ (80msp) (was 2$)

----------
Games with gold bits, (expires at the beginning of next week)

Magic 2013 - free (was 10$)

----------

Released today,

banner.png

Zombie Driver HD
--Tropical Race Rage - 3$ (240msp)

Montresor

You are already dead. Blood Dragon has the best first few minutes I think I've ever seen in a game (and it's in the demo) to get you hooked immediately, Battleblock has a similar intro that will hook you and Gunslinger is just pure gameplay fun from start to finish.

Gunslinger is the only one that might not grab you right away. It's more the sort of game where, like, the first time you try an arcade mode level you feel frustrated and ask yourself how the hell that's supposed to be possible, then you unlock a few things and "get it" and it becomes sublime gaming fun.

No one should be buying I Am Alive over either of these games.

Alright, thanks a lot aku. I'm gonna try the demos when I get home and let you know the damage, haha.

Are any of them easy completions by any chance? Not that I won't buy them if they aren't.

Montresor

So Call of Juarez...

Imagine an FPS with game play loosely similar to Max Payne (there are some bullet time sequences) with a narrative that delivers the story like Bastion, and with graphics like Prince of Persia 2008, all set in the wild west with a duelling mechanic that is 100 times more intuitive and satisfying than in Red Dead Redemption.

I was very impressed with that demo. Are the other entries in the Call of Juarez franchise any good?

I also really liked the Battleblock Theatre demo.

I just need to try Blood Dragon and Adventures of Shuggy and then I'll be satisfied for the night.

FUME5

So Call of Juarez...

Imagine an FPS with game play loosely similar to Max Payne (there are some bullet time sequences) with a narrative that delivers the story like Bastion, and with graphics like Prince of Persia 2008, all set in the wild west with a duelling mechanic that is 100 times more intuitive and satisfying than in Red Dead Redemption.

I was very impressed with that demo. Are the other entries in the Call of Juarez franchise any good?

I just need to try Blood Dragon and Adventures of Shuggy and then I'll be satisfied for the night.

The short answer RE: Call of Juarez series is no.

Feindflug

So Call of Juarez...

If you want more Call of Juarez get Bound In Blood which you'll probably find really cheap now. Glad to see more people playing and enjoying Gunslinger. :)

Would love to download DuckTales, but I still get a purchasing error every time I try to purchase anything.. Seriously, I've had this problem for close to a month, contacted Microsoft multiple times and still nothing. It's incredibly frustrating.

KDC720

Definitely grabbing gunslinger.

Is Harley Quinn's Revenge worth the 5 bucks? I want to get all the achievements in City before origins comes out.

Would love to download DuckTales, but I still get a purchasing error every time I try to purchase anything.. Seriously, I've had this problem for close to a month, contacted Microsoft multiple times and still nothing. It's incredibly frustrating.

I was getting an error the other day when trying to download from the store, but redownloading via my history was fine.

It turned out it was because I had the Raptr desktop running and signed in. I exited that and restarted my 360 and the problem went away. Still fine now, even though I have the Raptr client running now.

Have you anything running that has your Windows ID signed in?

On a related note... Ducktales is awesome. I love the retro chiptunes title music that fades into a more modern version, and squeeled with glee (seriously, I actually did!) when I dived into the Money Bin for the first time and had Scrooge swimming about spitting coins.

My GF mocked me.

It wasn't pleasant.

I used to be king of this game when it first came out. I'm looking forward to re-mastering (heh) it again!

Is Harley Quinn's Revenge worth the 5 bucks? I want to get all the achievements in City before origins comes out.

Defintely. I really enjoyed it, even though others didn't, but I think that was more to do with the price than the actual content. At half price I think you'll definitely be satisfied.

I was getting an error the other day when trying to download from the store, but redownloading via my history was fine.

It turned out it was because I had the Raptr desktop running and signed in. I exited that and restarted my 360 and the problem went away. Still fine now, even though I have the Raptr client running now.

Have you anything running that has your Windows ID signed in?

I had the Raptr IOS app open, deleted my account from it but still nothing. I can't think of anything that would be logged in aside from me being signed in on the website itself!

Grisby

Urgh, getting headaches from Far Cry Blood Dragon. All those neon lights. I wish the world wasn't so dark and uh, red.

Made me realize how much I miss the gameplay though. Lotta fun and the story is hitting all the right eighties notes. Don't know how much I'll keep playing though if these headaches kept getting in the way.

I had the Raptr IOS app open, deleted my account from it but still nothing. I can't think of anything that would be logged in aside from me being signed in on the website itself!

Did you restart your 360? If so, give it 10mins and restart it again. Make sure the Raptr app is closed completely. Not sure how it works on iOS, but on android if I close something 9 times out of 10 it's actually still running in the background.

When It happened to me I shut Raptr down and then turned off the Xbox. Made a cuppa coffe, nipped into the garden for a smoke and then came back in and tried again and it was working, so you may just need to give it a few mins before it registers through the interwebs that you're no longer signed into anything.

Did you restart your 360? If so, give it 10mins and restart it again. Make sure the Raptr app is closed completely. Not sure how it works on iOS, but on android if I close something 9 times out of 10 it's actually still running in the background.

When It happened to me I shut Raptr down and then turned off the Xbox. Made a cuppa coffe, nipped into the garden for a smoke and then came back in and tried again and it was working, so you may just need to give it a few mins before it registers through the interwebs that you're no longer signed into anything.

I've got it all shut down now, I'll shower and come back to it. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Nope, still nothing. Same errors. No number codes, just error messages. I was in the Summer Dashboard Beta, but I've re-downloaded the update and it hasn't solved the issue.

Lima

Why is there still no demo for DuckTales? I really wanted to try this.
Has there ever been an Arcade game that had no demo?

The demo is coming but you can prepare to not see them anymore if you get a Xbox One. Since they dropped the requirement I doubt we will see most developers bother putting up a demo.

sangreal

The demo is coming but you can prepare to not see them anymore if you get a Xbox One. Since they dropped the requirement I doubt we will see most developers bother putting up a demo.

Didn't know that. Terrible news. Guess it makes sense since they dropped xbla

Huh. One of the best things about the 360 is now gone. XBLA by itself (regardless of retail 360 games) is one of my all time favorite gaming platforms, up there with SNES. It seems like much of the magic just isn't going to carry over in the future on XB1. Especially if they're just now signing up indie devs. I looked at the recent releases on XBLA last night after not checking in for a while and it looks fairly lackluster.

I hadn't read that before, pretty lame. Demos being required for everything was great, and I bought plenty of stuff because of it. I guess the cloud isn't big enough.

Well, devs didn't always like it, and Sony wouldn't adopt the rule, so here we are. Gotta compete and keep the devs happy.

I was hoping to try Ducktales tonight.

The possible no demo thing is a killer for me. I'll just ignore so many games now because of that.

I'm not one to 'blindly' go into games I'm only half interested in. So most likely I'll skip something I could have been convinced with a demo.

Top Bottom