• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Gwyn

Any chance you can tell me if Ubi fixed the insane issue of not being able to invert the Y axis in BG&E? Game is unplayable for me because of it. It's insane that they didn't change this in the HD remaster.

Just got into the game and there are settings for camera control and look mode.
Default setting is set to normal and you can change it to reversed.

Why I cannot pay using the credit I have in my account? (using the webstore) I already converted the MS points I had to cash, but at the time I purchase the games I only had the option to use the credit card linked to my account.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why I cannot pay using the credit I have in my account? (using the webstore) I already converted the MS points I had to cash, but at the time I purchase the games I only had the option to use the credit card linked to my account.

There's a button to hit to switch, it defaults to credit card iirc.

Apparently that's what was always in the game, can't change the y axis. Just get used to it though, in a game like this it's not a huge deal, and it's six hours long so not like you have to torture yourself for long. I played through the entire of FFXII with a "wrong" camera. You get used to it.

And as ever, people, if you're buying Hard Corps (and you should) buy it at the end of the demo for loads of in-game currency. You miss out on this if you just buy from the website or whatever.

There's a button to hit to switch, it defaults to credit card iirc.

Doesn't give you the option for points balance, for some reason.

Vert boil

I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

CoD Classic - 10.04$ (803msp) (was 15$)

CoD 2 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

CoD 3 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

CoD Blops 1 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 50$)

CoD Blops 2 - 40$ (3200msp) (was 60$)

CoD MW 1 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

CoD MW 2 - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)

CoD MW 3 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)

CoD WaW - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

-----

Dance Central 3 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 40$)

DJ Hero 1&2
--Jay-Z vs. Eminem Mix Pack - 4$ (320msp) (was 8$)

Fable 3 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Forza 4
--Porsche Expansion Pack - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Guitar Hero 3
--Velvet Revolver Pack - 3.13$ (250msp) (was 6.25$)

Guitar Hero WT
--Rise Against Track Pack - 2.75$ (220msp) (was 5.50$)

Halo 3 - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Halo 4 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 40$)

Kinect Disneyland Adventures - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Kinect Joy Ride - 15$ (1200msp) (was 20$)

Rocksmith
--Born on the Bayou by Creedence Clearwater Revival - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--My Girl by The Temptations - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--Paralyzer by Finger Eleven - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--Redneck by Lamb of God - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--What's Going On by Marvin Gaye - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)

(Some Castlevania themes as well.)

-----
Back to School Sale

Awesomenauts - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Beyond Good & Evil - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Blacklight: Tango Down - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
Castlevania: HoD - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)
Castlevania: SOTN - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)
Dungeon Defenders - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
From Dust - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
Hard Corps: Uprising - 3.75$ (300msp) (was 15$) Buy the game after playing the demo for bonus in-game credit
Hydro Thunder Hurricane - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

I Am Alive - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Karateka - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
Mercury Hg - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Heavy Elements - 1.50$ (120msp) (was 3$)
--Rare Earth Elements - 1.50$ (120msp) (was 3$)
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
Motocross Madness - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Perfect Dark - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Puzzle Quest 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)

Quarrel - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
Rayman 3 HD - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Rocket Knight - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)
Sacred Citadel - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Serious Sam Double D XXL - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
Swarm - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
Toy Soldiers: Cold War - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Angry Birds Trilogy - 20$ (1600msp) (was 40$)

Ass Creed 3 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 40$)
--The Betrayal - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--The Infamy - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--The Redemption - 4$ (320msp) (was 8$)

Dead Space 3
--Awakened - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Tau Volantis Survival Kit - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

FIFA Soccer 13 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)

Forza Horizon
--Season Pass - 37.50$ (3000msp) (was 50$)

GRID - 12$ (960msp) (was 20$)

Mass Effect 3
--Leviathan - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)

Naughty Bear - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Skyrim - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)
--Dawnguard - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--Dragonborn - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)
--Hearthfire - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)

Sleeping Dogs - 15$ (1200msp) (was 25$)

Tomb Raider
--1939 Multiplayer Map Pack - 2$ (160msp) (was 4$)
--Caves and Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)

Wipeout 3 - 25$ (2000msp) (was 50$)

----------
Games with gold bits, (expires in a fortnight)

Magic 2013 - free (was 10$)

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
UK Prices from HotUkDeals

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-75-off-various-xbla-dlcs-god-etc-xbox-live-marketplace-1647310

[Xbox Live Arcade Games]

Awesomenauts: £3.49 (50% off)
Beyond Good & Evil HD: £3.49 (50% off)
Blacklight: Tango Down: £1.74 (50% off)
Call of Duty Classic: £6.69 (33% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair: £2.49 (75% off)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: £1.74 (75% off)
Dungeon Defenders: £4.99 (50% off)
From Dust: £4.99 (50% off)
Hard Corps: Uprising: £2.49 (75% off)
Hydro Thunder: £4.99 (50% off)
I Am Alive: £4.99 (50% off)
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad: £3.49 (50% off)
Karateka: £1.74 (75% off)
Mercury Hg: £1.74 (50% off)
- Rare Earth Elements: £0.99 (50% off)
- Heavy Elements: £0.99 (50% off)
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine: £4.99 (50% off)
Perfect Dark: £3.49 (50% off)
Puzzle Quest: £3.49 (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD: £3.49 (50% off)
Rocket Knight: £2.49 (75% off)
Sacred Citadel: £4.99 (50% off)
Scott Pilgrim The Game: £3.49 (50% off)
Serious Sam Double D XXL: £3.49 (50% off)
Swarm: £1.74 (50% off)
Toy Soldiers: Cold War: £4.99 (50% off)
Quarrel: £1.74 (50% off)

[Games on Demand]

Angry Birds Trilogy: £15.99 (50% off)
Call of Duty: Black Ops: £26.99 (40% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Call of Duty: Black Ops II: £33.49 (33% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Call of Duty: World At War: £14.99 (25% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Call of Duty 2: £14.99 (25% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Call of Duty 3: £14.99 (25% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: £14.99 (25% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: £19.99 (33% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: £24.99 (50% off) GOLD EXCLUSIVE
GRID: £11.99 (40% off)
Naughty Bear: £5.99 (50% off)
Sleeping Dogs: £15.99 (40% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: £19.99 (33% off)

[Digital Content - DLCs]

Assassin’s Creed III
- The Betrayal: £3.49 (50% off)
- The Infamy: £3.49 (50% off)
- The Redemption £2.69

Dead Space 3
- Awakened: £3.49 (50% off)
- Tau Volantis Survival Kit: £4.99 (50% off)

Forza Horizon
- Season Pass: £25.49 (25% off)

Mass Effect 3
- Leviathan: £3.49 (50% off)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Dawnguard: £6.74 (50% off)
- Dragonborn: £1.74 (50% off)
- Hearthfire: £6.74 (50% off)

Tomb Raider
- 1939 Multiplayer Map Pack: £1.34 (50% off)
- Caves and Cliffs Multiplayer Map Pack: £1.74 (50% off)

Oynox

Wow, this weekly deal is huge. I think I should pick up Monaco and finally Perfect Dark, but my conscience tells me not to buy them because of the near release of GTA V.

I guess those games will go on sale again... heck, I feel like the Skyrim DLC is on sale for the 10th time or somethink like that.

Feindflug

Looks like a great sale this week! I'm definitely getting Mercury HG, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair & Monaco.

Also some impressions on Swarm, Puzzle Quest 1 (is it worth it or should I get the second game?) and Quarrel from guys that played them will be much appreciated.

No Horizon Rally DLC sale makes me sad. :(

Is Rayman 3 HD worth £3.49?

I think so.

Looks like a great sale this week! I'm definitely getting Mercury HG, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair & Monaco.

Also some impressions on Swarm, Puzzle Quest 1 (is it worth it or should I get the second game?) and Quarrel from guys that played them will be much appreciated.

No Horizon Rally DLC sale makes me sad. :(

Quarrel is a must buy, ni questions. Swarm isn't that great, but Id recommend downloading the trial at least. Not played PQ. Sorry.

Vespa

My XB account points have now been moved to my MS live account but I can't see an option to turn them into cash or use them on XBL, anybody else experience this?

Krilekk

Banned
Wow at Karateka. Came out at $10, they reduced the price to $5 after a couple of weeks, now they have to do a sale for another 50 % off. Bomba if I've ever seen one.

Awesome deals! Got Rocket Knight and Hard corps Uprising. Thinking about getting Monaco or just saving my points for the Mass Effect minecraft stuff.

My XB account points have now been moved to my MS live account but I can't see an option to turn them into cash or use them on XBL, anybody else experience this?

I think I remember somebody saying you need to do it on the console... but it's not clear, either way.

ev0

Anybody know if the Monaco online community is still active on xbla? Not sure how well it sold. Thanks!

TheMan

i've been waiting for the porsche pack to go back on sale, but with GTA V being so close i feel like i shouldn't be making too many other frivolous purchases. decisions, decisions.

I attempted this last week when I bought Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I had £8 on my account but for some reason I didn't get a prompt when paying via the website and the funds were greyed out under other payment options. I ended up putting the full whack on my paypal account by accident.

I doubt there's any chance that MS can refund me the difference is there?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone sell me on Rocket Knight. I tried the demo and thought it was okay, but not worth $15. Now that it's FINALLY on sale, & for a pretty good price, I'm tempted to download it & add it to my backlog.

Thanks! Guess I should have specified, though - can you invert them independently? I seem to recall you can do both or neither, which is odd to me.

adamma666

Puzzle Quest 1 is way better than 2 imo. PQ1 plays much faster and doesn't drag on endlessly like its successor. I would recommend part 1 over part 2 any time.

aku:jiki

Guess I finally might get Sacred Citadel but that day 1 unlock key DLC can still suck it, so maybe I'll skip it anyway...

Anybody know if the Monaco online community is still active on xbla? Not sure how well it sold. Thanks!
I haven't launched it since it came out but going from XBLA experience...no chance in hell. Isn't going to get much of a lift from the sale either.

Someone sell me on Rocket Knight. I tried the demo and thought it was okay, but not worth $15. Now that it's FINALLY on sale, & for a pretty good price, I'm tempted to download it & add it to my backlog.
I don't know if I can sell you on it but it is a really good action platformer with some shmup levels thrown in for no reason. It's not a technical core platformer like SMB or N+, nor is it as hardcore a sidescrolling action game as Hard Corps, but somewhere inbetween those subgenres.

It's pretty hard though, so watch out for that.

Puzzle Quest 1 is way better than 2 imo. PQ1 plays much faster and doesn't drag on endlessly like its successor. I would recommend part 1 over part 2 any time.
This is undeniable truth. PQ2 is a huge drag.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm sure vert will post about it, but MajorNelson mentioned a The Behemoth sale next week; presumably this will include Battleblock Theater's first discount.

jonGeaG.png

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Add me cause I want to get Monaco as well and I would rather have it here than on Steam (for some odd reason).

Gamertag - Truelize

This sale is awesome!
I picked up:
Midnight Club: LA (and its expansion)
Hard Corps: Uprising
Jeremy McGrath Offroad
Karateka
Mercury Hg
Motocross Madness
Rocket Knight
Castlecania HD

I have been on the fence with Sleeping Dogs since it came out. I don't know what is holding me back but I just can't pull the trigger. It has been on sale for $15 three different times now and I haven't bit. Maybe I keep hoping for $10. At $10 I wouldn't hesitate.
You would think that if they had it in sale for $15 twice already that it would be $10 now. They should have thought that. :)

Jhoan

Blood Dragon and Gunslinger are both 50% off next week!

I knew they were both going to be on sale eventually but I bought them for full price any way back in June. Oh well both games were well worth it at $15 and they're definitely a steal at $7.50.

I think I enjoyed Gunslinger a bit more than Blood Dragon due it not being so repetitive and being more original. Blood Dragon brought the laughs and cheesy 80s references and that unforgettable theme song. Both games are one of the best DD games this year.

No deals in the past 4 weeks have really appealed to me; my home internet has been down so I won't able to download anything until I fix it. However, I'm definitely checking out Sacred Citadel and possibly Monaco as well since I was hoping that both games would go on sale eventually. Good deals this week all around.

Awesomenauts is tempting as well at 5 bucks even though the PC version gets updates left and right. Might check it out as well but I have a tight budget at the moment.

WiZzYx

Neo Member
I have been on the fence with Sleeping Dogs since it came out. I don't know what is holding me back but I just can't pull the trigger. It has been on sale for $15 three different times now and I haven't bit. Maybe I keep hoping for $10. At $10 I wouldn't hesitate.
You would think that if they had it in sale for $15 twice already that it would be $10 now. They should have thought that. :)
Do you like GTA? Do you like the combat system of Batman: AC? If both answers are yes, what are you wating for? It's a very good and solid game...

Awesomenauts is tempting as well at 5 bucks even though the PC version gets updates left and right. Might check it out as well but I have a tight budget at the moment.

I got Awesomenauts for pc in an indie bundle and I didn't really care for it because to me it felt like a F2P game with all of the characters for sale.

pacman85

So I guess all of these XBLA games are part of the "Back To School" sale and aren't actually permanent price drops or anything? Also, it's annoying that you still can't use your "currency" to purchase things on xbox.com yet. Get with it Microsoft! It only gives me the option to use my credit card when I know I have $12 of converted MSP in my account.

I'll buy Gunslinger but I already bought Far Cry and didn't like it so I will leave Blood Dragon.

I'd definitely recommend downloading the trial for Blood Dragon. The gameplay is no different to that from the main game, but the visuals and presentation are fantastic and that might be enough to help forgive the repetitive gameplay.

I'm sure vert will post about it, but MajorNelson mentioned a The Behemoth sale next week; presumably this will include Battleblock Theater's first discount.

jonGeaG.png

I really hope so, it's one of the few XBLA titles remaining before XB1 hits that I'm willing to buy.
I'd definitely recommend downloading the trial for Blood Dragon. The gameplay is no different to that from the main game, but the visuals and presentation are fantastic and that might be enough to help forgive the repetitive gameplay.
It's also more focused if the sprawling FC3 grated on the player. I loved FC3 but there's certainly an argument for too much of a good thing getting repetitive.

Feindflug

This is undeniable truth. PQ2 is a huge drag.

OK I'll get it for sure then. :)

Blood Dragon and Gunslinger on sale next week. Anyone who doesn't have both has absolutely no reason not to get them.

Gunslinger especially.

Yay! I was waiting on a sale for Blood Dragon and with the Behemoth sale next week I'll need another 2100 points card.

BTW buy Gunslinger people! it's an amazing game and was totally worth it at 1200 points, at half the price it's a steal.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wanted to try out Motocross Madness before I buy it and all I got is a black screen and a freezing Xbox, how can I start this game?

Just going by the demo, Gunslinger seems like the best western game since RDR.
Certainly the best COJ in the series as well.
I love the arcade feel of it.
A steal at $7.50

Well, that's one ME3 DLC discounted (for the second time IIRC), I hope we'll eventually see the other 2.

Same thing here: I can use my funds (ex-points) on the console but not on the webstore.

Top Bottom