• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox / Game Pass is set to have another jam-packed year in 2024

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Definitely a weak list. Just add Diablo 4 and all the CODs to it already. I will play Stalker 2 though. It would be a surprise if Avowed makes it to 2024. I don't have high expectations anyway.

twilo99

Coming from someone who just dabbles into PC gaming. What makes it so bad? Whenever I download a game from Gamepass on PC I’ve never had a problem. I download and click to play it.

Only thing that has annoyed me is I always have to reselect what drive to download to.

The Xbox app on Windows has improved significantly in the past year or so… I haven’t had any issues with it and it’s pretty simple.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Op really listed Avowed?

Why wouldn't they ?

FyW8eFDWYAQMNPL

adamsapple

These never include the surprise games like when we got Remnant 2 out of nowhere. Should be a good year.

Again, this is not an official graphic, this is just a fan-made thing based on all games that have known release windows. It doesn't include games like Capcom's Path of Goddess, which is a day 1 GP game, but doesn't have a release window tied to it yet.

I thought you might enjoy this one even more

Yep, all (or most) of that is also gonna be coming to the service. The question is whether it's one massive dump or peppered through the months with a few games each time.

The Spider-Man games might have issues coming due to Sony's marketing agreements, but let's see.

twilo99

Again, this is not an official graphic, this is just a fan-made thing based on all games that have known release windows. It doesn't include games like Capcom's Path of Goddess, which is a day 1 GP game, but doesn't have a release window tied to it yet.

Yep, all (or most) of that is also gonna be coming to the service. The question is whether it's one massive dump or peppered through the months with a few games each time.

The Spider-Man games might have issues coming due to Sony's marketing agreements, but let's see.

That particular Marvel character is most likely never coming to Gamepass lol

adamsapple

So would they remove him from Midnight Suns if that came to Game Pass?

If we take that Wolverine stuff as a template, Spidey *can* be a part of family-of-games but not a dedicated game or a focal point *of* the game.

Not sure if it extends to legacy content but yeah I'd be surprised if those Activision Spider Man games come to GP.

Porticus

Poor MS, needs to spend money to renew a license for poor version of Spiderman, how low they got.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Lot of potential on there.

I don’t realize citizen sleeper 2 was coming soon. The first is fantastic if you’re a fan of a lower budget Disco Elysium type game.

Persona 3 the big universal dub here.

Avowed is a maybe good game we maybe see in 2024.

Hellblade will likely be a fancy facial and audio tech demo that barely passes for a game.

Eiyuden a guaranteed banger.

Stalker 2 a certified rushed out the door game that will have performance issues, downgraded visuals, and bugs.

Lastly, we have Phil’s favorite game , 33 immortals which him and only 32 other people will play. RIP bozo.

StereoVsn

Interested in Stalker on that list, please be good. And I am dreading to see Avowed now as I suspect it’s going to be shit, it hopefully I am wrong.

P3 will be everywhere so eventually will grab it on Steam and probably PS5 physical.

Smether

Microsoft has a lot of other good games in the pipeline too. We know about Fable, perhaps something on the Gears of War front gets announced or stealth dropped next year? Not too sure it will be in a hurry to bring the ABK stuff over, but they've proven to be committed to the service and there is plenty of value with that list already.

Alan Wake

Stalker 2, Replaced and Still Wakes the Deep look promising. Not much known about the latter, though, so we'll see. Hellblade II as well, of course, despite the fact I didn't enjoy the first game that much.

Pretty mid list tbh

Nothing stands out as amazing, but there’s a few games worth keeping an eye out for like Avowed, Hellblade, etc.

Really hoping they can get that must play title but still glad these games are on GamePass because I probably wouldn’t touch many of them at full price

Probably have a few surprises like HFR as well I’m sure

Roberts

So, I did a little research, watched some trailers and videos. I'm excited to play:

Awoved - Pillars of Eternity 3, yo. I wonder if Sawyer has anything to do with it. Judging by his twitter, probably not.
Towerborne - As I said, Stoic are great and we heard great feedback from Gamescom
Flintlock - I really liked Ashen and this seems to be a big step forward.
Replaced - It looks amazing but is it real?
33 Immortals - Multiplayer Hades?
Cities Skyline 2 - I never got the time to play it but my friend is obsessed with it so I wouldn't mind checking out the sequel.
Manor Lords - Something about the trailer made me want to play it.
Turnip Boy Robs a bank - First one was amusing but this is probably more of the same.
Bounty Star - Westerns and mechs. Not the worst combination.
Vaporworld - 2d Lies of P so why not.
Open Roads - I think I have time for one or two games like this each year. Really depends if the writing and the story itself delivers.
Hellblade 2 - Cmon, all of us GP hounds will at least try it.
Citizen Sleeper 2 - First one was a masterpiece and the guy who made sure doesn't sound like somebody who will just rush out a game for some quick bucks.
Eiyuden Chronicle - I liked that EC game that came out on GP two years ago or so. This seems to be way more ambitious.
Still Wakes the Deep - Amnesia games are kind of hit or miss for me. This could go either way.
Ghostbike - Have no clue what to expect from it, but it looks intriguing.
Stalker 2 - I really hope these guys make a great game despite all the hardships they face every day.
Dungeons of Hinterberg - For a lack of a better word, this looks...awesome.
Ereban - Made by newcomers so it could go either way, but at least it looks intriguing.
Dead Static Drive - About fucking time this comes out.

Not saying all of them are going to be good, but I would never say there is nothing to look forward to.

DaGwaphics

Looking forward to Hellblade II, Avowed, TowerBorne, Stalker 2, and City Skylines 2 (hopefully they get the performance ironed out). I'm sure there will be a lot of the smaller games I'll be interested in as well.

Del_X

Pretty sure Avowed will be good. If it's well written and has good subsystems and some fun battle mechanics it'll do extremely well when there hasn't been much to scratch that Skyrim itch for a long time. The graphics are likely better than the trailer leads on. The color saturation and youtube compression are hiding some micro details. Even if it's kinda ugly it's probably the MSFT IP I'm looking forward to the most (unless there's a new id game for the back half).

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Pretty sure Avowed will be good. If it's well written and has good subsystems and some fun battle mechanics it'll do extremely well when there hasn't been much to scratch that Skyrim itch for a long time. The graphics are likely better than the trailer leads on. The color saturation and youtube compression are hiding some micro details. Even if it's kinda ugly it's probably the MSFT IP I'm looking forward to the most (unless there's a new id game for the back half).
I really gotta play Pillars 1. Ugh.

dem

They are gonna milk this last bit of COD money as long as they can before things start coming to gamepass day 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom