• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One March Update Impressions Thread [Now Available]

Jeels

This is very substantial work for three months in. Surprised they managed to emulate Sony's streaming feature so quickly. Come on Sony, impress us again!

I kind of want to try out a One just because of the OS, it's just really difficult to justify two consoles when I mostly play multiplats. They are really working hard though.

Klocker

anybody else having the "resume games quickly" not working after standby or is this am isolated bug?

can someone link to the beta feedback board here for me, please?

xkramz

anybody else having the "resume games quickly" not working after standby or is this am isolated bug?

Some other people in the thread been having that problem. So it seems like a common bug. But hey..that's why the beta is there for.

watership

Did the feed always show every clip your friends record? I'm able to watch them without anything being uploaded. I guess it's uploading them behind the scenes?

Is this a bee feature or just something I missed?

That's been there since day one. I thought its only uploaded clips however.

Xbudz

That's been there since day one. I thought its only uploaded clips however.

I thought it was only uploaded clips as well, yet sure enough the random clips me and my friends made showed up in the feed without manual upload today.

The friends are set as favorites if that makes any difference- but definitely uploading by themselves.

xkramz

I thought it was only uploaded clips as well, yet sure enough the random clips me and my friends made showed up in the feed without manual upload today.

The friends are set as favorites if that makes any difference- but definitely uploading by themselves.
I know bf4 auto record and uploads every time you rank up and Ryse I think it records your achievements unlock. And I know Dr3 records your challenges

Xbudz

I know bf4 auto record and uploads every time you rank up and Ryse I think it records your achievements unlock. And I know Dr3 records your challenges

These were manual recordings (30 sec default) with automatic upload to the feed... tested a few times. Can anyone else try this with a friend?

These were manual recordings (30 sec default) with automatic upload to the feed... tested a few times. Can anyone else try this with a friend?

Every single clip recorded is automatically and immediately put on your online profile. Since day one.

Derpcrawler

Quick question, i downloaded the app this morning and registered. How long will it be till i can download the update?

Quick question, i downloaded the app this morning and registered. How long will it be till i can download the update?

image.php

I got my code and registered this afternoon and was prompted for the update while I was playing late tonight. It was probably 6-7 hours.

The new friends app is a god send.

dlynch343

Banned
I got my code and registered this afternoon and was prompted for the update while I was playing late tonight. It was probably 6-7 hours.

The new friends app is a god send.

Thanks, i feel like a idiot was sent the code last monday . Never chekcked my msgs till this morning

Ran Ran

Still haven't gotten the download yet even though I've been registered for a few days.

Hopefully it comes soon.

Leonsito

This has happened to me since the February update, I have Zoo Tyccon stuck on My Games, I click on install, doesn't work, and I can't delete it. i don't own the game, only downloaded the demo once, and I uninstalled it :(

Gowans

Can't wait to see friends notifications pop up in the next update after this one if that's the plan. The one feels a lot more solitary because of it

Also every time i restart a game I wonder why the Xbox ones game resume doesn't work like smart phones being only one game at a time. I really hope they get it in for multiple games.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Has the preview borked xbox record that? A clip I recorded today isn't in my clips list, I got the clip recorded alert etc but nothing in my notification history or club library :( it was probably my favourite clip ever as well.

Gowans

I know they are going to fix the UK 50hz TV box stuff soon but they really need a passive thru on HDMI or at the least a boot into TV mode option by default to get those of us with family's and other half a leaving it on.

I could do a week for my tv through the Xbone till my Mrs had enough of the faff.

danwarb

I know they are going to fix the UK 50hz TV box stuff soon but they really need a passive thru on HDMI or at the least a boot into TV mode option by default to get those of us with family's and other half a leaving it on.

I could do a week for my tv through the Xbone till my Mrs had enough of the faff.
Yep. Some people seem to find it easier than multi-remotes though. "Xbox on, Xbox go to TV". Just pick up the cable remote.

They really need to stop apps like YouTube from logging people out when someone else is recognized and signed in.

Not sure if it is impressive, it seems to be mostly all the features that didn't make it in time for the release last November. But it's nice to have them now. ;)

I agree,it's just nice to see that they react fast. They are already talking about the next update.

Did the feed always show every clip your friends record? I'm able to watch them without anything being uploaded. I guess it's uploading them behind the scenes?

Is this a bee feature or just something I missed?

If i'm not mistaken it always upload and share your clips, even if you don't edit/manually upload them.

I'm still not sure if I like this or not, because it would be nice to only have edited and nice stuff, but on the other side if that was the case I would practically never upload anything XD

I'm on the opposite side: It stopped working for me a few months back and the beta made it work again.

Top Bottom