• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

Lol this is the last time going into betas for this. This one has been very bad for me on lot of things. Unable to sign in, games wont load, cant go to the home screen while playing the game, and game store being a mess. I did all my feedback on these issues so doing my job but no more after its done lol. Last year preview i had little to no issue.

You having problems launching bc games? Thats the only issue im experiencing atm. All my bc games arnt recognizing that i own them on my preview build xbox (signed in as myself) but the xbox i have set to home which is not part of the preview program seems to be launching the same games without issue signed in as my girlfriend.

Anybody else having issues launching digital backwards compatible games? I just noticed when trying to launch ssx that it prompts me to put the disc in or buy it and i got worried for a second but then tried xcom a game ive been playin all week and that is still currently gwg and have the same issue.i tried a hard reset with no luck.
I had the same problem, but it was with some games for gold titles I downloaded. I did a hard reset. I tried deleting and reinstalling and a bunch of other work arounds. No luck. I figured I had to wait for a new update to fix the bug. Then the next day I tried to see if they worked and they did. Weird stuff. Maybe your games will work tomorrow.

I had the same problem, but it was with some games for gold titles I downloaded. I did a hard reset. I tried deleting and reinstalling and a bunch of other work arounds. No luck. I figured I had to wait for a new update to fix the bug. Then the next day I tried to see if they worked and they did. Weird stuff. Maybe your games will work tomorrow.

Yea i just tried my other xb1 and my xbox 360 and all my games appear to be loadable there without issue. Just gunna hafta wait for the kinks 2 get sorted.

josh924

Banned
I just updated tonight (June 23) and now the BC games are gone from my Ready to Install list. When I try to bring up the hidden games, none of the BC games I hid show up, either.

Edit: I, too, am unable to launch Xbox 360 games.

Y0j1mb0

Anybody else not able to take a screenshot or record gameplay? I double tap the Xbox button and it doesn't even show the prompts to do so.

mike4001_

Anybody else not able to take a screenshot or record gameplay? I double tap the Xbox button and it doesn't even show the prompts to do so.

Yes

They are basically only working on the Store at the moment, which I am pretty satisfied to be honest.

But I too have some "stupid" bugs all around the OS.

I thought they could launch this by the end of June, but now it´s middle of July at the earliest.

Lima

Yes

They are basically only working on the Store at the moment, which I am pretty satisfied to be honest.

But I too have some "stupid" bugs all around the OS.

I thought they could launch this by the end of June, but now it´s middle of July at the earliest.

End of July to come with the win 10 anniversary update was always the most likely. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a point to make people sign up for a different preview branche again.

Lucifon

Lol this is the last time going into betas for this. This one has been very bad for me on lot of things. Unable to sign in, games wont load, cant go to the home screen while playing the game, and game store being a mess. I did all my feedback on these issues so doing my job but no more after its done lol. Last year preview i had little to no issue.
Me too. I can't wait to leave this thing, it's a mess. It's frustrating the only way to leave is to delete all your games and apps - there needs to be a smoother process.

Alx

Me too. I can't wait to leave this thing, it's a mess. It's frustrating the only way to leave is to delete all your games and apps - there needs to be a smoother process.

Can't you copy your games and apps to an external drive, and only clear the internal one ?

got booted from playing fallout 3.... I was deep in a quest :(

now I can't launch any 360 game

I feel the pain meng. Should get sorted out soon but getting dropped from fallout 3 mid quest without getting a chance to save is the worst. Wanted to play ssx but ran into the same problem, tried playing on my 360 but just not in the mood to play on anything but my x1 right now (just got a nice couch and the 360 is in the bed room :p).

naitosan

Same here, can't launch 360 games. Tried uninstall then game itself disappeared. I suspense new update will come very soon (tomorrow) to fix this.

What's weird is, Plants vs Zombies 360 is still in read to install and is only 360 game there.

Edit: went ahead and install Plants vs Zombies 360 and able to launch it just fine. Hmm.

Same here, can't launch 360 games. Tried uninstall then game itself disappeared. I suspense new update will come very soon (tomorrow) to fix this.

What's weird is, Plants vs Zombies 360 is still in read to install and is only 360 game there.

Edit: went ahead and install Plants vs Zombies 360 and able to launch it just fine. Hmm.

got booted from playing fallout 3.... I was deep in a quest :(

now I can't launch any 360 game

I just updated tonight (June 23) and now the BC games are gone from my Ready to Install list. When I try to bring up the hidden games, none of the BC games I hid show up, either.

Edit: I, too, am unable to launch Xbox 360 games.

My xbox is updating again now, it was like 420 mb, u might wanna check if theres an update waiting.

I'm getting the same thing here. Ready To Install dropped from 132 down to 74. The only 360 games that show up are the ones I own through the digital version of Rare Replay. Of the BC games I have installed, only Doom 1, 2, and 3 run, the rest ask if I own the content.

Just updated tonight and all my 360 games are gone. How does something like this get through QA to be released? Lol. I know it's a beta but Jesus don't "patch" the dash if it breaks 360 games

Alx

Fortunately I had just finished "the force unleashed" the other day... maybe I'll play a real X1 game for a change, while they fix the BC. :D

Ducayne

I don't like Cortana. The Xbox function was better for most things.

I'm just a little frustrated that I had to learn to use the Xbox commands and now I have to forget them and learn a NEW way to get to where I want to go. Since the Xbox commands were a lot less conversational, I feel like it's going to take awhile to be more casual with voice commands.

A little while ago I was watching Netflix and said, "hey Cortana, pause". She thought about it for a few seconds, then said "sorry, I ran out of bandwidth".

ViciousDS

Banned
A little while ago I was watching Netflix and said, "hey Cortana, pause". She thought about it for a few seconds, then said "sorry, I ran out of bandwidth".

I kept trying to open parties last night and all she wanted to do was bing places on where to party........fucking Cortana

jond76

Banned
Yeah, all my BC titles are missing from my ready to install list. Searched I Am Alive in the store and found it, but it wanted me to pay for it.

Hope those entitlements are sorted out soon. Submitted a report through the dashboard.

btags

Would it make sense to have a toggle for cortana that allows her/does not allow her to be used for bing searches? I feel like most of the frustration from using cortana for voice commands comes from the fact that when it does not work it is because it usually bings stuff (and obviously when she cannot connect or whatever). I wonder if something like that would be possible as I think it could really make using cortana for voice commands much easier.

shandy706

I dropped out of the preview program a few months ago as I like everything to work for me.

Thanks to all those that purposefully go in on this stuff still though. It keeps the updates and the fixes coming.

Lucifon

Can't you copy your games and apps to an external drive, and only clear the internal one ?

Yep it's quite a hassle though, would mean clearing out my drive to fit everything onto it and then re-setting everything up again. I'm hoping they'll get it stable in the next few weeks before I get around to rolling back. Fix Cortana please MS, or just let us choose between 'Xbox' commands or Cortana :(

Kadin

So all I'm reading are issues with this latest version of Preview. My registration is still showing as 'Pending', can I somehow cancel the update when it hits or do I have to let it go through now? Don't want to go offline just to avoid this...

Lima

So all I'm reading are issues with this latest version of Preview. My registration is still showing as 'Pending', can I somehow cancel the update when it hits or do I have to let it go through now? Don't want to go offline just to avoid this...

You are locked in now.

naitosan

Woke up and had breakfast then check to see if there's new update. Nope. Maybe tonight? Well I'll be out of town until Sunday, hope new update come out by then and fix 360 issues.

Maybe we will get free 360 game out of this? Haha no, always enjoy get those updates early before everyone and help make it better. :D

Moa

Well I guess I'm not the only one who can't play bc games.

G978PB8.png

Fixes incoming

Caayn

Last update increased the detection time for external storage by a lot (it can easily take up to a minute before my external drives are detected) and the start-up time has been increased as well.

arhra

I just got the update this morning, after getting the message and opting in a few days ago.

Love the new store layout overall, but by god there's a ton of little niggly UI issues with it. Filed something like six bug reports just from doing the main Store UI quest.

Bessy67

I hate saying "Hey Cortana" instead of just "Xbox". Voice controls are so much slower now.

I don't mind "Hey Cortana" but I just wish they'd left the old "Xbox" commands as well. It'd be great to have Cortana for more complex voice commands, or to shorten the commands for certain games, but still have the normal commands for pause, play, etc.

I don't mind "Hey Cortana" but I just wish they'd left the old "Xbox" commands as well. It'd be great to have Cortana for more complex voice commands, or to shorten the commands for certain games, but still have the normal commands for pause, play, etc.

I'd be happy with this as well. "Xbox Mute" or "Xbox Watch ABC" worked so well.

Bgamer90

Banned

I think I would like this too. Cortana works well for searching but the old Xbox commands were better/faster for media control -- at least as of right now.

Top Bottom