• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

DavideS

Neo Member
i'm poor and is already a miracle that i can buy the X (i repair broken ps3\xbox to my friends 5 years for have money for buy it),i can't afford 4K or HDR Monitor TV and i not care so much about it,and i already own xbox,xbox360,xboxones , but i will go buy XBOXONEX , because i think Better Loading Times,Better Ultra Graphics Effects and Textures and 30FPS stable would be nice for me also if ill go to play at 1080P without HDR or 4K.
Because i really hate so much when games go low than 30 fps (the only game that i not see the difference is Ghost Recon Wildlands i see that also when it run at 25FPS on my bad pc it's ok for me)

p.s. i'm a little bit "MAD and SALTY" about this btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duV3hER8JXw , i already buy the game and all his episode,so i already support the dev,and i feel like be frauded why they must to make xboxonex enhanced patch inside the "goty" edition.
I think this is really not respectful for gamers and for who buy the game,i already buy the game and all episodes already support the devs,why they not support gamer by release patch for free.
If they want to sell MISSION ok i understand
but i think is wrong to not include the patch enhanced only with the mission i really sad this:(

sorry my bad english but i dont know language english still start study it

XboxoneX Enhanced patch must be FREE
Put it inside "Pack" together with "Missions" for make people PAY IT,is BAD in my opinion.

with 29$ that they ask for the patch for 1 game i can buy 3 Months of Xbox Game Pass 100 Games or can buy games FULL like Recore or Hellblade , i dont want to pay 29$ only for see "enhanced" gfx , enhanced path must to be free.

i start a petition btw:
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/809...-must-be-free-and-separated-from-pay-content/

i'm poor and is already a miracle that i can buy the X (i repair broken ps3xbox to my friends 5 years for have money for buy it),i can't afford 4K or HDR Monitor TV and i not care so much about it,and i already own xbox,xbox360,xboxones , but i will go buy XBOXONEX , because i think Better Loading Times,Better Ultra Graphics Effects and Textures and 30FPS stable would be nice for me also if ill go to play at 1080P without HDR or 4K.
Because i really hate so much when games go low than 30 fps (the only game that i not see the difference is Ghost Recon Wildlands i see that also when it run at 25FPS on my bad pc it's ok for me)

p.s. i'm a little bit "MAD and SALTY" about this btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duV3hER8JXw , i already buy the game and all his episode,so i already support the dev,and i feel like be frauded why they must to make xboxonex enhanced patch inside the "goty" edition.
I think this is really not respectful for gamers and for who buy the game,i already buy the game and all episodes already support the devs,why they not support gamer by release patch for free.
If they want to sell MISSION ok i undersand
but not include the patch enhanced only with the mission i really sad this:(

There is no pay for the enhanced patch. It's a pay to upgrade your current version to goty edition.

I have the complete first season and it's x enhanced and I didn't pay anything for the patch

i'm poor and is already a miracle that i can buy the X (i repair broken ps3\xbox to my friends 5 years for have money for buy it),i can't afford 4K or HDR Monitor TV and i not care so much about it,and i already own xbox,xbox360,xboxones , but i will go buy XBOXONEX , because i think Better Loading Times,Better Ultra Graphics Effects and Textures and 30FPS stable would be nice for me also if ill go to play at 1080P without HDR or 4K.

but i think is wrong to not include the patch enhanced only with the mission i really sad this:(

Put it inside "Pack" together with "Missions" for make people PAY IT,is BAD in my opinion.

with 29$ that they ask for the patch for 1 game i can buy 3 Months of Xbox Game Pass 100 Games or can buy games FULL like Recore or Hellblade , i dont want to pay 29$ only for see "enhanced" gfx , enhanced path must to be free.

You are very confused. The patch IS free. If you have the game you get the enhancement. I think you need to do better research.

Could someone explain what's the correct way of transferring data between the old Xbox and the X if I don't have an external drive?

From what I understood(could be wrong): both consoles need to be wired with UTP CAT5 cable to the router and then I can complete the transfer? But which one should be plugged via HDMI into the TV? Both of them or just the old one?

Please clarify I'm in the dark here. I looked for tutorials but couldn't find anything useful for my questions.

Thanks.

Nesses

Could someone explain what's the correct way of transferring data between the old Xbox and the X if I don't have an external drive?

From what I understood(could be wrong): both consoles need to be wired with UTP CAT5 cable to the router and then I can complete the transfer? But which one should be plugged via HDMI into the TV? Both of them or just the old one?

Please clarify I'm in the dark here. I looked for tutorials but couldn't find anything useful for my questions.

Thanks.

Both consoles must be powered on and connected to the network, but only the X needs to be connected to the TV. During the X setup it *should* detect the S and start moving data over provided you have the transfer option selected on the S.

Nesses

i start a petition btw:
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/809...-must-be-free-and-separated-from-pay-content/

The 4k assets/patches are free. The video link is dead.

Gideon_128

Regarding the HDMI input on the X, has anyone tested plugging the PS4 and seeing if the X adds lag like in the original Xbox one?

I was wondering the same since I like to play my raspberry pi through my xb1. I've just been too lazy to test it.

Guys be sure to also check out Doom and Black Ops 3. I could never get into them because they were blur fest on Xb1, but with the 1X maxing out(?) their dynamic scalers they look soo much better.

solis74

I tried out Kameo for a bit on my X and I gotta say it's lookin good. I don't know how much it's taking advantage of the the natural enhancements of the X1X without a way to compare it. Just glad that I always put off playing it from the launch of the 360 since it wouldn't be as appreciated on my old 3:4 CRT.

ymgjKhj.jpg

The grass and trees and floating particles remind me of Horizon Zero Dawn a bit. I bet it would look amazing with an official enhanced patch. Wonder what the chance of that would be?

Got to give that one a go.

Pac3y

Plugged my Xbox One X up last night. Downloaded a few games and went to bed, come back from work today and it won't boot. Can hear a clicking from inside. Scorpio edition too, gutted.

RUSH v4

Neo Member
My Project Scorpio controller is kinda in bad shape. The back panels are not flush and catch my hands. The A button is sticky and I have to press the guide button extremely hard. I am pretty disappointing with it. Other than that I love the console. It looks great and is very quiet compared to my Day One Xbox One.

Norse

Plugged my Xbox One X up last night. Downloaded a few games and went to bed, come back from work today and it won't boot. Can hear a clicking from inside. Scorpio edition too, gutted.

Unplug it from the wall for 15 mins and then plug it back in and press the power button on the console. My S did this a few times and that always fixed it.

Pac3y

Unplug it from the wall for 15 mins and then plug it back in and press the power button on the console. My S did this a few times and that always fixed it.

Yeah tried that, boots for about 15 secs and just dies. Sigh looks like it's a return.

WadeitOut

It's been a sort of surreal experience so far. I've always had a good gaming PC and it feels like I hooked my PC up to my TV and I'm playing off of it. Really happy with the X so far.

Unmoses

Looks like on reddit people are saying their power cable is faulty. Try replacing it or making sure it is plugged in all the way.

Interesting. My box has been fine (projscorp edition) but I just used my S cable. Best of look to the previous poster

Pac3y

Tried multiple cables, but it conks out even when browsing the dashboard. Xbox support have issued a replacement, put a hold on my card for £450 however.

Thanks anyways guys, no luck. Just one of the unlucky ones, always happens doesn't it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's not surprising at all. It should be expected as the xbox one x is more powerful and it's crammed into a package on the same 16nm process. If you've ever bought a gpu with a reference cooler, then this sound should be familiar.

That box isn't normal. Most are extremely quiet.

tkalamba

It's not surprising at all. It should be expected as the xbox one x is more powerful and it's crammed into a package on the same 16nm process. If you've ever bought a gpu with a reference cooler, then this sound should be familiar.

Mine has been pretty silent. I don't notice any noise when in use.

TikeMyson

I got a PS4 Pro and a XBox One and I play on a 1080p screen. How are the graphical differences? Is the XBox One X worth to buy and to play on a 1080p screen and also having a PS4 Pro?

Bry0

So does it seem like issues are more with scorpio consoles than the regular ones?
I've been playing on my taco bell X and haven't had any issues to speak of. (knock on wood)

I've been playing AC and Ghost Recon disc on mine and it's sounded nothing like that video. I'm wondering where mic placement is on the video. By your logic, my Pro should be the most quiet out of my consoles because it is the biggest. Well guess what....wrong.

Just so you know guys and gals. If you have any inkling that something may be up with the system you can exchange it or get Microsoft to check it out. Hell, I'm sending back my Scorpio controller to them because there is a slight hairline scratching feeling when pulling the right trigger. I've got two other controllers and they do not feel like that. I just submitted it and they sent me a shipping label. I would have exchanged it at gamestop but I want the Scorpio controller.

FredX72

My Project Scorpio controller is kinda in bad shape. The back panels are not flush and catch my hands. The A button is sticky and I have to press the guide button extremely hard. I am pretty disappointing with it. Other than that I love the console. It looks great and is very quiet compared to my Day One Xbox One.

I had an issue with my A button being sticky right out of the box too. I wiped some rubbing alcohol around it and it seems to be working fine now.

Journey

Banned
I can hear mine even with the heater on while playing Halo 5. The sound of the console doesn't bother me though, It just sounds like my pc.

I wouldn't ignore this as it could escalate. The system should be whisper quiet, otherwise it sounds like you have a faulty system.

FN-2187

I can hear mine even with the heater on while playing Halo 5. The sound of the console doesn't bother me though, It just sounds like my pc.

Same. I can hear the fan going anytime I play one of the games that runs in 4K, but it doesn't sound like anything is wrong with the system; it just sounds like my gaming PC when I play a demanding game. I am not too worried about it. You get a 1-year warranty from MS. If something is wrong, I am sure that will become clearly apparent before the year is up.

mohuerta

How do I get Dolby Atmos to work on my Xbox? When I enable it, sound completely disappears and any video playback turns into a slide show or freezes all together. What am I missing? I have it connected to LG C7 which has Atmos decoder and speakers.

I just received my XBOX ONE X yesterday from gamestop(Had it delivered UPS) have not opened it yet(havent had time) what should I look out for as far as defects mine is a scorpio I hope that mine is good would really hate to have to exchange it. Also, want to get an 8TB drive but not sure which one to get

dcx4610

Since I'm only installing this tonight and this is my first xbox since the 360 , can you guys chime in on 2 things please please?

1 - Does the 4k movie playback (disk) works great? Smoother than the S ? Etc.

2 - Anyone dealt with hardware problems like console won't turn on? I've read some minor reports about this

4k playback is improved over the S. Sharper ans better HDR. I think this has to do with the X’s scaler and filtering.

Power issues have mostly been related to Scorpio editions for some reason. The chassis is slightly different. I wonder if they were made in a different factory or done separately.

So I bought Assassins Creed Origins just now and put it in my One X..
The system is calling it Assassins Creed (some russian word) I'm guessing its something close to the word Origins but this is weird.

I just received my XBOX ONE X yesterday from gamestop(Had it delivered UPS) have not opened it yet(havent had time) what should I look out for as far as defects mine is a scorpio I hope that mine is good would really hate to have to exchange it. Also, want to get an 8TB drive but not sure which one to get

I would just plug it up and let it update and start playing. If something doesn't seem right, take it back. But it should be faster, quieter, and prettier than you previous One. :)

So I bought Assassins Creed Origins just now and put it in my One X..
The system is calling it Assassins Creed (some russian word) I'm guessing its something close to the word Origins but this is weird.

same here, I got it from Gamestop if that matters, it still plays and updates so I guess it's fine

I would just plug it up and let it update and start playing. If something doesn't seem right, take it back. But it should be faster, quieter, and prettier than you previous One. :)

same here, I got it from Gamestop if that matters, it still plays and updates so I guess it's fine

Are the gamestop XBOX ONE X's less likely to have issues? I used all of my trade in credit to get the console and I sold my XBOX ONE S..seems the ones having problems are the ones who got theirs from amazon. I have the Scorpio and I dont think Gamestop has anymore so would I just have to take it to the Microsoft store and get an exchange for another Scorpio? I guess after I update, etc I have to insert a game and see if it works I am waiting til BF to get many of these XBOX ONE games such as Forza 7, Assassins Creed, Wolfenstein, etc but I Guess I can test it with a game I already have just to see if it works

Cheech

Madden 18 is fucking mindblowing on this system.

They finally hit uncanny valley with that game. It is seriously unsettling because it looks like an actual NFL broadcast game.

Too bad FIFA didn't get the same amount of love...

Are the gamestop XBOX ONE X's less likely to have issues? I used all of my trade in credit to get the console and I sold my XBOX ONE S..seems the ones having problems are the ones who got theirs from amazon. I have the Scorpio and I dont think Gamestop has anymore so would I just have to take it to the Microsoft store and get an exchange for another Scorpio? I guess after I update, etc I have to insert a game and see if it works I am waiting til BF to get many of these XBOX ONE games such as Forza 7, Assassins Creed, Wolfenstein, etc but I Guess I can test it with a game I already have just to see if it works

Umm, huh??? I'm beyond confused right now.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Where you get the system won't make any difference as far as whether or not you get a faulty unit.

Top Bottom