• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Umm, huh??? I'm beyond confused right now.

Let me explain..from what I have been reading on other forums, the xbox one x's that have been reported for the most issues, like freezing, not turning on, etc..have been the ones purchased from amazon, that is why I was asking if anyone who purchased theirs from gamestop have been experiencing any problems

Achillias

Guys just one question. The Xbox One X Project Scorpio I have here seems to have a little bit of coil whine when you put your ears on the console. Is this normall or should this also be quietly? I still have another Scorpio ready to trade it in for. Suggestions?

Cheech

Guys just one question. The Xbox One X Project Scorpio I have here seems to have a little bit of coil whine when you put your ears on the console. Is this normall or should this also be quietly? I still have another Scorpio ready to trade it in for. Suggestions?

If you can't hear it from a few feet away, it's no big deal. Not at all uncommon.

Achillias

If you can't hear it from a few feet away, it's no big deal. Not at all uncommon.
Going to trade it in, coilwhine is annoying as fuck, and I still have a reservation left. Also the LT button seems to be sticking. Not worth the hassle.

Grinchy

Banned
Xbox Live is maxing out my 100mbps download speeds. I'm going to have Gears 4, Halo 5 and CODWWII installed way earlier than I expected.

Let me explain..from what I have been reading on other forums, the xbox one x's that have been reported for the most issues, like freezing, not turning on, etc..have been the ones purchased from amazon, that is why I was asking if anyone who purchased theirs from gamestop have been experiencing any problems

I get you my friend, and i do have something to say about this that makes a world of sense...

My wifes nephew (who is a drug addict BTW) works at Amazon here in Wisconsin, and he did tell me that before the packages/boxes hit the line, there is like a 15-20 foot slide they have to fall down, he said there are so many boxes coming down this slide at one time that many literally roll and tumble over one another before reaching the employee's waiting for them at the bottom of the line.

Now, not sure if gaming consoles fall and tumble down this slide he is talking about (would be careless if so), but he did say it's a very hectic environment to work in.

This is why i would never PreOrder anything like an expensive console through Amazon. JC Penny just announced that they are going out of business closing down all stores, and the golieth that once was SEARS is closing down close to 80 stores, and Kmart is done with. Amazon is killing these businesses, but with that comes more traffic to Amazon, meaning more orders, more boxes, and with more boxes means that these employees have to move at a higher rate of speed to meet demand, which equals greater risk of damaged goods.

Now you see why some (many from some reports) Amazon One X PreOrders never got delivered by the promised delivery date.

//DEVIL//

All of them have a friggin coil whine. It's normal for fucks sake. If you only hear it when your ear is close to the console then it's normal. Only return when you can hear it from far. All of them will have it. As well as my gtx 1080 and my PS4 and my ex PS4 pro . As long as u don't hear it from far and only when your ear is close to the system its normal and you will hear it in all of them . Period

styl3s

Xbox Live is maxing out my 100mbps download speeds. I'm going to have Gears 4, Halo 5 and CODWWII installed way earlier than I expected.
I was surprised at the speeds because of how slow my my downloads are on other consoles. I started Mass Effect 1-3, Andromedia, Battlefront 2+NFS trials and a few other BC games before leaving for a few hours i cam back and everything was finished.

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member
I have a question if anyone can help? So COD WW2 was not showing up under Xbox One X Enhanced under my games and apps tab. I saw a post where a poster said to uninstall and then reinstall and the game would show up in the list. I did that, the game did show up last night. This morning I turned on my Xbox One X and COD WW2 had disappeared from that list.

So my question is this. Is the feature just buggy and COD WW2 is actually already enhanced? If this is the case are there other games that aren't showing up in the games and apps list that are actually enhanced? The problem is my Sony 900e shows everything at 4k so I wouldn't know if a 4k asset has been installed unless I had a Xbox One or s next to it to compare.

Also what is your game you use to show off your Xbox One X. Right now my go to is Gears Of War 4. Man it looks great enhanced with the correct HDR settings! Thanks for any help.

RootCause

You're placing your face next to the system. :p
In all seriousness, I can hear the fans on my switch too, if I do that. I think it's perfectly fine, if you're still worried, try comparing it with a friend or relative that owns one. :)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Bought from GameStop using in store pickup. No problems.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I have a question if anyone can help? So COD WW2 was not showing up under Xbox One X Enhanced under my games and apps tab. I saw a post where a poster said to uninstall and then reinstall and the game would show up in the list. I did that, the game did show up last night. This morning I turned on my Xbox One X and COD WW2 had disappeared from that list.

So my question is this. Is the feature just buggy and COD WW2 is actually already enhanced? If this is the case are there other games that aren't showing up in the games and apps list that are actually enhanced? The problem is my Sony 900e shows everything at 4k so I wouldn't know if a 4k asset has been installed unless I had a Xbox One or s next to it to compare.

Also what is your game you use to show off your Xbox One X. Right now my go to is Gears Of War 4. Man it looks great enhanced with the correct HDR settings! Thanks for any help.

I believe if you get HDR on WW2 you have the patch.

I bought one today randomly to replace my Xbox One S as a 4k blu ray player and to play few games.
It's sooooooooooo much quieter when playing 4k blu rays compared to the S.

Boss Man

Switched from the PS4 Pro and I’m digging the system a lot. You guys weren’t lying about how bad the menu is though. It’s such a mess...

UraMallas

My sound keeps going completely out when I go into apps or games. It seems to be random. Sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't. I have to either shut down the system or unplug and then plug the HDMI back in to get it to come back. I have switched HDMI cables and inputs and I get the same thing.

Is this a known issue?

EDIT: I went into settings and change from 5.1 to 7.1 and it seemed to fix it. Even though I don't have a 7.1 setup. Whatevs.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
My sound keeps going completely out when I go into apps or games. It seems to be random. Sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't. I have to either shut down the system or unplug and then plug the HDMI back in to get it to come back. I have switched HDMI cables and inputs and I get the same thing.

Is this a known issue?

EDIT: I went into settings and change from 5.1 to 7.1 and it seemed to fix it. Even though I don't have a 7.1 setup. Whatevs.

This actually happened to me a few times I thought it was my receiver. I just switched inputs and it fixed it.

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member
Thx for posting. I fired it up after I saw this. Got the update. Massive improvement.
I am so glad to see they patched this so quickly. I played COD WW2 today and I really noticed how much much better it was with HDR and what I assume to be 4k. It just looked good playing the war mode in MP, and looked really good doing the campaign.
I have to go get the TF2 patch, does it prompt you when you go to play the game? What would you say are the improvements you are seeing? I take it no more drops to 800p?

CrazyDutch

Neo Member
Madden 18 is fucking mindblowing on this system.

They finally hit uncanny valley with that game. It is seriously unsettling because it looks like an actual NFL broadcast game.

Too bad FIFA didn't get the same amount of love...
Unfortunately it's always been like that. Madden, NFL, NHL etc are always very photorealistic.. graphics wise. FIFA always had that 'computer-game' feeling. It's getting better with FIFA 18 in 4K but nowhere near the graphics quality of the other EA sportgames.

Madden 18 in 4K HDR looks so damn good.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I am so glad to see they patched this so quickly. I played COD WW2 today and I really noticed how much much better it was with HDR and what I assume to be 4k. It just looked good playing the war mode in MP, and looked really good doing the campaign.
I have to go get the TF2 patch, does it prompt you when you go to play the game? What would you say are the improvements you are seeing? I take it no more drops to 800p?

But the One X Enhanced patch it not yet out for CoD WWII

Cheech

Unfortunately it's always been like that. Madden, NFL, NHL etc are always very photorealistic.. graphics wise. FIFA always had that 'computer-game' feeling. It's getting better with FIFA 18 in 4K but nowhere near the graphics quality of the other EA sportgames.

Madden 18 in 4K HDR looks so damn good.

It's a pity too... of all the EA Sports games, I've always thought that preferences for the actual sport aside (I like the NFL myself), FIFA was the most fun of the lot. My kids play soccer but I don't follow FIFA at all, but the actual game is fun as hell. I'd much rather play it over the others. It's just disappointing graphically compared to the others.

Grinchy

Banned
COD looks really nice with the HDR. It's quite the lagfest, like all COD games, but it's fun so far. Gears 4 looks crisp.

dcll

Banned
Does anyone have the VIZIO M65-E0 65" tv ? I had someone offer this as a trade for a Macbook Air I have for sale. I am looking to get 650 out of the Air so I think this would be a good trade but would like opinions on the tv

Are Xbox One downloads always pretty slow - been so long since I played on the Xbox until I got the One X i can't remember. I'm on 400MB connection and getting just 50Mb/s on on the console. My speeds are working fine on every other device!

Robso

I'm really not sure where to ask this but, what are the best store games on the One that aren't on the PS4? I know of State Of Decay and Cuphead.

Are Xbox One downloads always pretty slow - been so long since I played on the Xbox until I got the One X i can't remember. I'm on 400MB connection and getting just 50Mb/s on on the console. My speeds are working fine on every other device!

They are for me also. Yet weirdly downloads on the 360 are fast for me.

For a HDR10 display, should I check the "Allow YCC 4 2 2" option or not? This is very confusing...

It's a lesser colour set - so depends on your TV, it lessens the bandwidth over the HDMI cable which seems to fix some issues for some gamers, but again depends on your set.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Some advice please.

Do I need to have X1X settings on 8 bit or 10 bit?

Have a 4K tv of course.

Am_I_Evil

I'm having an annoying issue...i cannot load Rise of the Tomb Raider...i get into the menus ok but once i try to continue my game it attempts to load for a while then i get the error "Failed to allocate graphics memory! HRESULT is [0x8007000e]

any ideas? i just want to play the game lol

Unity2012

Some advice please.

Do I need to have X1X settings on 8 bit or 10 bit?

Have a 4K tv of course.

On your Xbox go to Settings > Display & Sound > Video Output > Advance Video Settings> 4K TV Details

It will provide you with a list of your TV capabilities as recognized by the console.

If 10bits is listed then, yes; choose that option.

splattered

I think I asked this already but don't remember if I ever got a reply. I'm interested in purchasing an extended warranty for the system but I'm not seeing anywhere through Xbox.com to do so. I denied the gamestop warranty when I picked my systems up cause I planed to get then through Microsoft...

So I got a Scorpio delivered yesterday. The system did an update at first setup and it made a short buzzing/vibrate noise a few times. It sounded like it's from the disc drive. Didn't hear it again until the next day when I booted it up again. Again it sounds like it's from the disc drive, but nothing is in it. I did test to make sure the disc drive works and I'm fine there. So is it normal to hear that vibration on a bootup?

IMACOMPUTA

It's a lesser colour set - so depends on your TV, it lessens the bandwidth over the HDMI cable which seems to fix some issues for some gamers, but again depends on your set.
I read on resetERA that 4k HDR drops from 4:4:4 and if you don't have that box checked it'll drop to less than 4:2:2.
I honestly don't know shit about this stuff,just passing along info. I'd like to know the ideal setting as well.

Top Bottom