• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Heath V

What's that true 4k gaming picture? Was that in the box?

That's actually just a little brochure that I propped against the wall. I'm not going to leave it there but I kind of like the way it looks. No it wasn't included in the box, my wife got it for me.

Unmoses

Do you have the project scorpio version..where did you buy yours from? I got mine from gamestop but didnt have time today to take it out of the box and test it will do it tomorrow am so nervous seriously I hope mine isnt defective

Picked up a project Scorpio from Microsoft directly. Have had it on probably 35 hours gaming our in pause. I've had no issues while playing. I did have one where I left assassin's Creed paused for several hours, game down and the box was off. Thought it was the 6 hour suspend but the box did a full boot requiring power press. I have done it since with no problems and suspend works fine so shrug. I'm not detection any out of bounds heat on the sides, love it. Box is great

Make sure you go in the maim menu to options and toggle between performance or visual mode to get 60fps in campaign (or keep it on visual) this can only be done in main menu

Grinchy

Banned
Not a single hardware issue so far with a Scorpio edition.

COD has been fun, but god damn, I forgot how insufferable it is to play online games with terrible p2p/listen servers. You either have host advantage and wreck everyone or you die every time you turn a corner before you've even seen the person who just sprayed a clip into you.

Not a single hardware issue so far with a Scorpio edition.

COD has been fun, but god damn, I forgot how insufferable it is to play online games with terrible p2p/listen servers. You either have host advantage and wreck everyone or you die every time you turn a corner before you've even seen the person who just sprayed a clip into you.
Welcome to COD

I absolutely love this machine but feel a tad bit bad for the guy or girl at MS that had to sell their soul to Satan to get such a beast to run so damn quiet.

Naked Lunch

This system is such high quality. As a day one XB1 user, im very happy with the upgrade. The graphics and performance upgrades of all titles from OG XB thru brand new XB1 games are pretty self explanatory but even little things like moving around the god select menu in Smite or the tank selection screen in World of Tanks are so much more responsive and smooth.

I still cant believe im playing Ninja Gaiden Black in all its HD, smooth badass gameplay glory - all with the Og xb disc I bought 10+ years ago. The game holds up so well. It ran great on xb1 but its even better on xb1x.

solis74

This system is such high quality. As a day one XB1 user, im very happy with the upgrade. The graphics and performance upgrades of all titles from OG XB thru brand new XB1 games are pretty self explanatory but even little things like moving around the god select menu in Smite or the tank selection screen in World of Tanks are so much more responsive and smooth.

I still cant believe im playing Ninja Gaiden Black in all its HD, smooth badass gameplay glory - all with the Og xb disc I bought 10+ years ago. The game holds up so well. It ran great on xb1 but its even better on xb1x.

MS have really stepped up their hardware quality (magic).

any LG OLED people having problems with Atmos UHD blurays connected directly to your TV (no receiver) - do this

go to Bluray Disc options in Xbox Settings, and uncheck "let my receiver decode audio"

This made it so my Labyrinth and Ghostbusters discs actually played video.
The only problem I've had similar to this is that it changed my settings from bitstream out to 7.1 uncompressed so my dts:x and atoms movies wouldn't work when using my receiver. Easy fix but annoying.

Norse

The 1X is bringing back that wonderful feeling I had when I got my launch day Xbox 360. Damn this is an awesome machine. Just got the gears 4/halo 5 bundle off Ms store for 38$. These games look amazing.

rokkerkory

The 1X is bringing back that wonderful feeling I had when I got my launch day Xbox 360. Damn this is an awesome machine. Just got the gears 4/halo 5 bundle off Ms store for 38$. These games look amazing.

It truly embodies the spirit of the OG xbox as well. Being the most powerful system and all.

spookyfish

^ Beaten by a minute or two.

It reminds me of the OG Xbox: a graphical beast leaps ahead of its competition. Nice to have overkill MS back, if even for a bit.

Norse

It truly embodies the spirit of the OG xbox as well. Being the most powerful system and all.

True that...loved the OG XBox. It helped me brake my PC upgrading addiction. It never got the respect it deserved due to it's late launch after ps2. Then 360 came and that's my favorite console of all time so far. This 1X will hopefully carry on the 360 lineage the xbone missed at it launch.

Memnoch

I just bought an external SSD drive for BF1 on the X. I have one for the Pro and I'm spoiled. I just can't stand the extended load times for BF1.

Memnoch

I feel the same way. I sold my day 1 Xbone as it just was lackluster next to the og ps4, but now my Pro is falling by the wayside for this glorious machine.

Lort

Banned
As Phil said Xbox will never not build the most powerful machine again. 12 months after PS5 will come the slightly more expensive and 50% more powerful next xbox.

LastNac

i would cut open every back panel if your putting electronics in it.

why when a item needs venting do people insist on putting them in closed areas.

OPEN
Xg1e3Uf.png

Nothing ever overheats
uOHQPSK.jpg

Where can I get this?

//DEVIL//

I am currently located in Saudi Arabia as I work there. The weather is ... Well you can't turn on the AC because you will get sick but its still hot in here. . In normal cases I can't hear the console unless I am close to the system and the lock the door where there is no sound in the room including the muted tv. Only then I can hear it.

So today I decided to test the system even more. I started playing in this condition gears of war 4 on visual mode. I personally was sweating but I wanted to test the console . Fair enough the fan kicked in to a higher gear in open areas in the game for couple of minutes. When it kicked in, it kinda sounded like a normal PS4 pro fan that on its second gear( which barely stays in second gear PS4 pro fan always kick in to a vacuum cleaner level )

So. I was able to hear the fan clearly when the tv is muted and I am far from the console. But again , as soon as I turn my tv volume back on. I can't hear shit. It's not loud to an annoying level.

I tried to emit the same conditions with Forza, quantum break and killer instinct. Didn't do anything. Fan kept quite. So far only gears of war had that effect for me. Pretty impressive console.

Achillias

Hypothetical question. Would you've kept an Scorpio which is dead silence, without coil whine, but with a small scratch on the top of the cover, or would you trade it in for a new one with the possibility of coil whine or a console with alot of noise.

Heath V

Hypnotical question. Would you keep an Scorpio who is dead silence, without coil whine, but it has a small scratch on the top of the cover, or trade it in?

I'd say it really depends on how big the scratch is and whether you can live with it or not. Stuff like that bothers me.

Just opened up my scorpio that I got from gamestop..even though the packaged it real well with bubble wrap and everything, the box did have some minor dents on the side, but I Guess its NOT about what the box looks like its all about what it looks like on the inside, and the inside looks perfect..brand new, no dents or anything..right now Im charging up the controller and will soon see if this console works..the only funny thing that happened, ya know how underneath the console there are four little rubber things, one of them fell off LOL so I put it back on..I thought to myself "Gee its already falling apart" LOL
Also I assume the HDMI cable gets plugged into HDMI IN..which is the one furthest to the left I think thats what I did with my XBOX ONE S I dont have a sound system or anything

Achillias

I'd say it really depends on how big the scratch is and whether you can live with it or not. Stuff like that bothers me.
It's a tiny one, not even noticeable with light on only from a certain angle is it visible (max 1cm wide) but I'm a purist so I do find such things easy. The thing is, if I bring this one back it would be a normall Xbox One X, you can't get the scorpio anymore. Not sure if it is worth it.

katsais

Hypothetical question. Would you've kept an Scorpio which is dead silence, without coil whine, but with a small scratch on the top of the cover, or would you trade it in for a new one with the possibility of coil whine or a console with alot of noise.

I would return the fuck out of that Xbox. If you paid for a BRAND NEW console, you should not settle for anything less than a brand new console. Was it GameStop? They seem to always mess up...in pretty much everything.

Heath V

It's a tiny one, not even noticeable with light on it only from a certain angle is it visible (max 1cm wide) but I'm a purist so I do find such things easy. The thing is, if I bring this one back it would be a normall Xbox One X, you can't get the scorpio anymore. Not sure if it is worth it.

That's a tough one, since it's the Scorpio Edition I might go ahead and keep it. However if I could be sure to get another Scorpio Edition that I would probably trade it in. I really like the controller that it comes with!

Achillias

I would return the fuck out of that Xbox. If you paid for a BRAND NEW console, you should not settle for anything less than a brand new console. Was it GameStop? They seem to always mess up...in pretty much everything.
No mate, I live in the Netherlands. Not going to tell the store that it haves a scratch on it. Because I'm certain they won't see it. And if I'll tell them they probably going to blame it on my own use. Still have one Scorpio on reservation not sure if it's still there. If not I can still get the normal one which is actually €32 euro cheaper on launch. I really like the controller of the Scorpio but fuck it. This one is going back tomorrow.

//DEVIL//

I think all Xbox consoles have coil whine issues. It seems ur console is new as in you didn't play games on it yet ? Thats when you will hear the coil whine if you put your ear besides the vents on the right of the console ( that's the only way I can hear coil whine )

During set up and dashboard you won't hear anything. At least I don't .

As for dead quite. I don't think such one exist. They all need to spin the fan fast if there system is getting hot because of a specific game or room temperature.

But for the sake of agreeing with you on your magical unicorn console , then no don't change it.because you won't find another one like if. The top is just a top plastic. In worst case scenario you can replace that your self couple of years from now when you are out of warranty by buying a clean used one and replace the top plastic and sell it back..

It's just a plastic. If the internal is godsend.then it's a keeper .

Anyone having problems with HDR not working? I contacted Vizio and they said to contact Microsoft and that it was a known issue with the X :-/. I have a Vizio P75-E1.

I finally got it working! HDMI port 5 is the only one that doesn't do HDR, doh. Then I had to enable "Full UHD Color" on the input settings and it almost worked. Had to replace one of my HDMI cables and now everything is working peachy.

Anyone else experience how the tiny little rubber thing underneath the xbox one x(It comes with four little rubber pads) one keeps on falling off whenever I move around the console and I have to pop it back in

Ovech-King

Gold Member
I just popped in Forza Horizon 3 for the first time ever and wanted to ask how good versus the One S it looks because apparently it'll be patched for X in January...? I already think it looks fantastic

... But LOL the timing on this one; just when i was about to close the game and come here to ask my question, I signed my first radio deal with Horizon block party and I kid you not, this was the song that was playing

6Yex6Bc.jpg

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I finally got it working! HDMI port 5 is the only one that doesn't do HDR, doh. Then I had to enable "Full UHD Color" on the input settings and it almost worked. Had to replace one of my HDMI cables and now everything is working peachy.

Hey hey good to hear. Enjoy.

Really happy with the Xbox One X. I absolutely notice the difference in the enhanced games over normal. I might start picking up some games with just that. I think CoD WWII was running at 60 FPS with 4K HDR. I'm in love.

solis74

I just popped in Forza Horizon 3 for the first time ever and wanted to ask how good versus the One S it looks because apparently it'll be patched for X in January...? I already think it looks fantastic

... But LOL the timing on this one; just when i was about to close the game and come here to ask my question, I signed my first radio deal with Horizon block and I kid you not, this was the song that was playing

6Yex6Bc.jpg

HAHA AWESOME!

I just plugged in my XBOX ONE X(Project Scorpio) for the very first time. Downloaded the updates no problem, put in my XBOX Live info, everything was all set and ready to go and it went to the home screen where it says (Store, Mixer, etc) the screen itself is grey and its frozen I press the controller nothing happens its completely frozen what do I do

No, I always lift mine up when I move it.

Will pay attention to these details if I see anything else weird I will just exchange it. Had a scare that the XBOX froze after setting it all up and it went to the home screen, nothing happened it was frozen. but I talked to microsoft chat and they said to power it off and reboot it and it seems to be working now

Grinchy

Banned
Welcome to COD

Welcome back*

I loved COD4 and hated every one after that that I bought (which wasn't all of them). A friend convinced me to get Advanced Warfare. Hated that too. The CODWW2 formula is really nice and reminds me of the great days of COD3 on 360, but I wish they gave 2 fucks about the playability of their game.

Top Bottom