• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Leonidas

Ran into my first Xbox Scorpio issue today. It stopped detecting my wireless network(it couldn't see any wireless networks at all). I found a solution online that worked though.

Turned the system off and unplugged it for 30 seconds and when I turned it back on it connected. Weird issue but at least it was easily resolved, wonder what caused it...

Clearing my persistent storage definitely sped up my dashboard to the point where my Xbox One X is back to normal. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. Although it still Lags from time to time in the store the rest of the dashboard is pretty Snappy

I really important reminder for those of you with HDR sets, don't forget to adjust the HDR white Point within the game's options menu. This should be done with every single game you play as it makes a huge difference if not properly calibrated. On my B7 OLED while playing Injustice 2, the game was looking really dim to the point where I was starting to dislike my TV LOL. I looked in the options and the HDR setting was totally off and after calibrating it, my TV in game mode now blows me away more than it ever has I've come to find this is the case with other games that looked rather dim.

solis74

I really important reminder for those of you with HDR sets, don't forget to adjust the HDR white Point within the game's options menu. This should be done with every single game you play as it makes a huge difference if not properly calibrated. On my B7 OLED while playing Injustice 2, the game was looking really dim to the point where I was starting to dislike my TV LOL. I looked in the options and the HDR setting was totally off and after calibrating it, my TV in game mode now blows me away more than it ever has I've come to find this is the case with other games that looked rather dim.

thanks did not know this.

Noted, good to know.

splattered

I wish there was a xb/ps4 wiki on AVS for different sets to calibrate them and games. I've seen some suggestions for my set in reviews and stuff but I really just don't know what I'm doing when I start tweaking things.

MrBenchmark

I wish there was a xb/ps4 wiki on AVS for different sets to calibrate them and games. I've seen some suggestions for my set in reviews and stuff but I really just don't know what I'm doing when I start tweaking things.
There wouldn’t be because the first thing anyone of knowledge at AVS will tell you is copying someone else’s settings is not how you calibrate your TV.

erale

Got my X yesterday and I'm a bit confused about the 4K content patches.

I've enabled the option to download them on my Xbox One and saw that a few games started to download updates (Quantum Break downloaded about 40-50 GB and also Forza 7 and another game appeared in the queue).

But now I wonder if all the other games that appear as Xbox One X optimized also downloaded the 4K content before I switched to the X? Is there any way to check this?

If I go into manage game there isn't some sort of 4K "addon" or whatever listed...

rokkerkory

I've enabled the option to download them on my Xbox One and saw that a few games started to download updates (Quantum Break downloaded about 40-50 GB and also Forza 7 and another game appeared in the queue).

But now I wonder if all the other games that appear as Xbox One X optimized also downloaded the 4K content before I switched to the X? Is there any way to check this?

If I go into manage game there isn't some sort of 4K "addon" or whatever listed...

I think its just automatic.

solis74

best way to check is to launch the game on the X, if it needs to be updated launching the game will kick it off.

Mattyp

Gold Member

Will tell you update required when launching the game and splash first loading screens at the start change to have 4K logos normally. Or check the space the games taking up.

Is the Netflix App on Xbox One X unable to play 4K and HDR simultaneously? Watched Bright today and when HDR is enabled it tops out at 1080p (with just 5.53Mbps bitrate). Or is Bright just not in 4K on Netflix?

Matty8787

I am tempted to get an X... I currently have a fully fledged 4K tv with HDR10 and I currently have an S.... But I am primarily a PC player.

Been offered a X for my S8+.

I am tempted to get an X... I currently have a fully fledged 4K tv with HDR10 and I currently have an S.... But I am primarily a PC player.

Been offered a X for my S8+.
I would rarely give this kind of advice, but I have the s8+ and I'm already way more impressed with LG OLED phones and even the iPhone X has impressed me with it's screen quality. Since I've had the phone for a while, I can say that screen quality is really an important factor that overshadows other things in daily usage. To each their own, things may be different for you.

The 1X is constantly gratifying with awesome image quality that I haven't experienced before with video games, on a daily basis. And it's really fulfilling to get updates on games in my catalog that haven't been touched for a while. I'm having more genuine fun with my 1x and using the s8+ as more of a regular phone. I think the OLED phone would have made me happier, lol.

Is the Netflix App on Xbox One X unable to play 4K and HDR simultaneously? Watched Bright today and when HDR is enabled it tops out at 1080p (with just 5.53Mbps bitrate). Or is Bright just not in 4K on Netflix?

Must have been a glitch, or Netflix didn't have the 4K version available when I watched it. It works now in 4K HDR, which sucks because I already watched it :(. I thought it may have been due to disabling YCC 4:2:2 encoding in the Xbox One settings because it was introducing some atrocious color banding with HDR in games. But playing Bright on the Xbox One X Netflix App now buffers up to 4K with HDR without YCC 4:2:2 enabled. Weird.

Sizzle55

I am running into problems with mine every day lately. I bought the season pass for Dead Rising 4 when I went to play the game and hit continue game it would crash back to the main menu. I bought a 360 game and it got stuck on the save screen. Then the icons for my games went missing. Now I can’t restart it? I am thinking this thing is fucked

BondFancy

Picked up an X for $460 with PUBG and GOTY Overwatch from eBay. Don’t have a 4K tv yet, but will be getting one middle of this year when I move. For those of us with data caps do all eligible games automatically download 4K patches, or only when the game is launched? Just don’t want to do all of them at once, as that would be wayyy too much data.

solis74

I am running into problems with mine every day lately. I bought the season pass for Dead Rising 4 when I went to play the game and hit continue game it would crash back to the main menu. I bought a 360 game and it got stuck on the save screen. Then the icons for my games went missing. Now I can’t restart it? I am thinking this thing is fucked

try a box reset.

I know it's been talked about in the past, but now that the console is out for some time, what's the consensus regarding "Allow YCC 4:2:2" option under advanced video settings?

I have the 65KS8000, a 10 bit panel and I have no clue if I should check or uncheck that option for the best possible results.

I know it's been talked about in the past, but now that the console is out for some time, what's the consensus regarding "Allow YCC 4:2:2" option under advanced video settings?

I have the 65KS8000, a 10 bit panel and I have no clue if I should check or uncheck that option for the best possible results.

I haven't fully tested it on my KU6300, but on my Acer ET322QK YCC 4:2:2 causes some pretty major color banding in HDR games (even 1080p HDR games) and Netflix HDR content. The Youtube Channel HDTV Test did some explaining of the video settings on the Xbox One X. He showed that allowing YCC 4:2:2 seemed to force it to display 12-bit 4:2:2 HDR (though that may change depending on content). I'm not sure how that affects some displays, but the Acer ET322QK does not like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHVJYB-Qews

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I dont know if it was included in the latest patch, but the slow down when doing the heroic public events in Destiny 2 has gone away with the X1X.

Red Comet

My wonderful girlfriend surprised me with an X for Christmas. So far I’ve played Battlefront 2 and the graphical fidelity is amazing. And I don’t even have a 4K TV yet! That’s the next step.

ReBurn

Gold Member
My wonderful girlfriend surprised me with an X for Christmas. So far I’ve played Battlefront 2 and the graphical fidelity is amazing. And I don’t even have a 4K TV yet! That’s the next step.

Battlefront 2 is a beautiful game on the X. I also play it in 1080p and the visuals are breathtaking. The deep discount right now made it an easy purchase for the single player content alone. I haven't really tried multi-player.

splattered

This isn't specifically XB1X related but I just wanted to mention... Been having terrible time with the 1tb data cap that Cox communications is imposing now because we have multiple consoles in the house including two Xbox 1 X systems. Been paying overage fees pretty much every month since they brought the hammer down.

JUST NOW started messing around with digital game sharing and local network transfer of games between consoles and I think this will help with the problem tremendously.

Anyone with a data cap that isn't taking advantage of these features seriously need to look into this stuff especially if you have multiple consoles in the house.

Battlefront 2 is a beautiful game on the X. I also play it in 1080p and the visuals are breathtaking. The deep discount right now made it an easy purchase for the single player content alone. I haven't really tried multi-player.

The X version of this game is most likely the prettiest console experience available right now

A shame the game itself is awful

solis74

how much is it?

shpankey

not an idiot
Clearing my persistent storage definitely sped up my dashboard to the point where my Xbox One X is back to normal. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. Although it still Lags from time to time in the store the rest of the dashboard is pretty Snappy

worked for me as well, thanks for the tip

Senteevs

So, I've encountered a weird bug that I never experienced on my old XBox One.

I have some games downloading in the background and play Homefront: The Revolution.
After a while (about 30 minutes) the console notiefies me that all game installations have been stopped. The next time I now reach a game checkpoint in Homefront, the game says that there was and error saving the game. After that XBox says that there is a problem with my game saves and nothing can be saved.
Since I don't want to play without saving, I turn the console off. To turn it on again, I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Otherwise it won't turn on.
If I download games and don't play anything while they are installing, everything is fine. The same is true if I just play Homefront without anything downloading in the background.

Now. Is this a game or a system bug, or a hardware error (overheating, hard drive)? I have tried playing other games while downloading something a couple of weeks ago and then it was fine.
Anyone else experienced something similar?

Sizzle55

So, I've encountered a weird bug that I never experienced on my old XBox One.

I have some games downloading in the background and play Homefront: The Revolution.
After a while (about 30 minutes) the console notiefies me that all game installations have been stopped. The next time I now reach a game checkpoint in Homefront, the game says that there was and error saving the game. After that XBox says that there is a problem with my game saves and nothing can be saved.
Since I don't want to play without saving, I turn the console off. To turn it on again, I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Otherwise it won't turn on.
If I download games and don't play anything while they are installing, everything is fine. The same is true if I just play Homefront without anything downloading in the background.

Now. Is this a game or a system bug, or a hardware error (overheating, hard drive)? I have tried playing other games while downloading something a couple of weeks ago and then it was fine.
Anyone else experienced something similar?
I got it playing AC Origins the other day said there was a problem with my save and it’s happened in Warframe. I did a full restart and it seem ok now

hiphopcr

IMG_20180104_213704.jpg

Pantz

Finally 1550/1550 in Skyrim all on the X patch...whew. Great game, but man that took a lot of life energy to finish off. I'll visit it again one day to checkout the underground mods scene ;) and play at a slower pace.

So glad to be moving on though, to an endless backlog. Going to bang out some much shorter story/campaign modes next. Starting with Halo 5, half-way through the campaign already. Time to finish the fight!

Top Bottom