• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Leonidas

IMG_20180104_213704.jpg

Great to see a lot of Scorpio games reach full fat 4K and a lot of others coming very close.

Artistic

Maybe Sony didn't know gaming would take this turn in direction where framerate/resolution matter more than gameplay?

Either way, I'm more interested to see how games looks developed specifically with the One X hardware in mind. And if One/One S gamers would be in a way forced to upgrade.

Alebrije

Maybe Sony didn't know gaming would take this turn in direction where framerate/resolution matter more than gameplay?

Either way, I'm more interested to see how games looks developed specifically with the One X hardware in mind. And if One/One S gamers would be in a way forced to upgrade.

Do not think framerate/resolution is more important than gameplay , just see how Nintendo is doing with its weaker system. Gameplay is always more important, Mario and Zelda are GOTY on a lot of places.

I am afriad we will only see XboneX dedicated games only developed from MS and really hope they are working in something that we could se on next E3.

solis74

Finally 1550/1550 in Skyrim all on the X patch...whew. Great game, but man that took a lot of life energy to finish off. I'll visit it again one day to checkout the underground mods scene ;) and play at a slower pace.

So glad to be moving on though, to an endless backlog. Going to bang out some much shorter story/campaign modes next. Starting with Halo 5, half-way through the campaign already. Time to finish the fight!

how in the hell did you complete it all!??

Sizzle55

Hey guys after some advice, my One X has been playing up for a while. Every game seems to say there is something wrong with your save game. Watch Dogs 2and Wolfenstein 2noth hard crashed. I have done the reset of the console. I am now trying to copy Wolfenstein 2to a different hard drive to see if that’s the issue. Anyone else had anything like this? I am taking it back I think.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Hey guys after some advice, my One X has been playing up for a while. Every game seems to say there is something wrong with your save game. Watch Dogs 2and Wolfenstein 2noth hard crashed. I have done the reset of the console. I am now trying to copy Wolfenstein 2to a different hard drive to see if that’s the issue. Anyone else had anything like this? I am taking it back I think.

I'd take it back.

Pjsprojects

I am afriad we will only see XboneX dedicated games only developed from MS and really hope they are working in something that we could se on next E3.

Well MS did say no games would be X1X only but going forwards I dont see how they could keep support for the X1S with such a power gulf.

Who knows maybe those XB2 2019 rumors hold some light...

breakfuss

My goodness. Isn’t this a larger gap than OG X1 - OG PS4 🤔?

Thankfully I have a good amount of these on X1! And Best Buy was cool enough to let me switch out my unopened PS4 versions of Hitman and Fallout that I bought a long ass time ago. Still have to play Destiny, Wildlands and Diablo on PS4 though since that’s where the people I play those with currently are. But all multiplats moving forward will be on X1. Now imagine if MS harnessed this device’s power for more first party efforts.

1/15 can’t come soon enough btw haha.

Last edited:

Rendition

Did the dash board on the Xbox One X recently get updated? I haven't played much in a few weeks, tried it the last few days.

1) When I press the BIG CENTER X button my controller, it doesn't do anything anymore. I used to let me quickly go to my apps and switch games.

2) I can't seem to find or get to a console settings page (audio/video etc.) anymore?

I'm so confused. I'm forced to turn off the console now with BIG CENTER X (long press) to switch games now.

Did the dash board on the Xbox One X recently get updated? I haven't played much in a few weeks, tried it the last few days.

1) When I press the BIG CENTER X button my controller, it doesn't do anything anymore. I used to let me quickly go to my apps and switch games.

2) I can't seem to find or get to a console settings page (audio/video etc.) anymore?

I'm so confused. I'm forced to turn off the console now with BIG CENTER X (long press) to switch games now.
Maybe you've got a controller problem or something? Pressing the Guide button should bring up a menu on the left side of your screen, where you can choose between all the normal options- other games/apps, pinned things, home, settings, etc. Settings is just a little gear icon. It's in that same menu.

You could always plug in a mic and tell 'Cortana' to take you to where you've gotta go, if you're tired of turning the console off.

All of the functionality you mentioned hasn't changed. Perhaps, try resyncing your controller with the console? Or even using a micro USB cable to connect your controller to your Xbox directly.

A hard reset should fix it. I had the same issue, pressing the big button wouldn't bring up the guide. It would dim the screen and you could hear the sound that usually plays, but the guide just wouldn't show.

Sizzle55

I will try and take mine back on Wednesday just need to find out what I have to take with it. Tonight I searched for the division then it died. Could access the store but could not go into anything. Could not check network settings it would just dim the screen. Mafia 3 was working then it came up with the sorry taking to long to load screen 3 times in a row. All of the icons were blank for YouTube Mafia 3 and Warframe I have never had this many issues with a console. My One S ran like a fucking dream

Data Ghost

A hard reset should fix it. I had the same issue, pressing the big button wouldn't bring up the guide. It would dim the screen and you could hear the sound that usually plays, but the guide just wouldn't show.
Yeah happened to me too, luckily I have the settings pinned to the dashboard. I couldn't exit the game I was playing so I turned off the console and then back on which brought me back to the dashboard, then I went into pinned settings and selected the option to fully reboot the console. Worked fine after that but man this console is SO buggy its unreal.

Its incredible to read what some of you going through with the X..in the sense its hard to believe..mine has been flawless straight out of the box.

MrBenchmark

Its incredible to read what some of you going through with the X..in the sense its hard to believe..mine has been flawless straight out of the box.

Same here I own two Scorpio edition systems and they have been perfect. But anything made by man... It happens i have a day one switch never a joycon issue.

Last edited:
Same here I own two Scorpio edition systems and they have been perfect. But anything made by man... It happens i have a day one switch never a joycon issue.

Mine has been bullet proof as well. Hell, I'm in awe that it continued to run near-silent on a 41 degree day here in Australia after four hours of gaming. Ridiculous. I haven't owned such a quiet console following on from the sixth gen era.

That said, I did get a dud HDMI cable out of the box. It literally fried a port on my TV. But the console and controller were faultless, so I'm not complaining.

Also, the new revision of the Xbox One controller is a massive leap over the second gen Xbox One revision. The d-pad doesn't skip inputs, button action is much nicer and has less travel, the bumpers no longer give that cheap hollow plastic feel & click and the audio quality from the headphone jack is noticably improved (on par with the DS4).

can you imagine if we got mod support!

Wouldn't that be amazing? I wish that Bethesda had released Skyrim SE earlier on in this generation so that CDPR could have mimicked their mod support implementation for The Witcher 3. I feel that ship has long since sailed though.

Last edited:

solis74

Wouldn't that be amazing? I wish that Bethesda had released Skyrim SE earlier on in this generation so that CDPR could have mimicked their mod support implementation for The Witcher 3. I feel that ship has long since sailed though.

yeah you are probably right, oh well Cyberpunk will be hitting next year hopefully.

Daffy Duck

Ordered an advanced replacement with MS on the 29th December as my Scorpio edition developed the games save fault and then just kept crashing and on reboot would give me an error, my repair status is still just sat at order created status.

I'm pretty fucking pissed as I was really getting back into playing games on my One X and enjoying NFS and was about to buy Assassins Creed Origins and start a playthrough of The Witcher 3 now the One X patch dropped.

dcll

Banned
I dont own a 4k tv and have only seen df youtube videos and the difference going by that between X and One/PS4 is not very big going by that. In real life on a 4k display is there really that big of a difference? I am not talking about pixel peeping either

rokkerkory

Ordered an advanced replacement with MS on the 29th December as my Scorpio edition developed the games save fault and then just kept crashing and on reboot would give me an error, my repair status is still just sat at order created status.

I'm pretty fucking pissed as I was really getting back into playing games on my One X and enjoying NFS and was about to buy Assassins Creed Origins and start a playthrough of The Witcher 3 now the One X patch dropped.

Hope they fix it for you asap

breakfuss

I dont own a 4k tv and have only seen df youtube videos and the difference going by that between X and One/PS4 is not very big going by that. In real life on a 4k display is there really that big of a difference? I am not talking about pixel peeping either

I think you already know the answer to that.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It really is going to depend on the person and the game. Some people can't tell teh difference or don't care about the difference.

As someone who owns both, I tested out a few games and in stuff like Wolfenstein 2 and Diablo 3, I could see the difference immediately.

JP

D dcll
I think it's much like the differences between games on the original Xbox One and PS4, it depends on the game but improvements may not be so noticeable if you're not comparing the two side by side. It does also depend on the person playing the games and also the accuracy of the display they use.

The best thing you could do to see how important it is to you is to try playing games on both systems using the panel you would normally use, I wouldn't really rely on compressed videos.

kalvinmaui1

Neo Member
Anyone have the issue where you load a disc and it says it takes to long to load and doesn't load the game? Some times it reads the disc automatically then after that, I will have to do a hard reset to load the next game. Its getting pretty annoying now having to do a hard reboot each time I want to load a new game.

Absolutely. For me, the jump in image quality was immense. Watching compressed DF YouTube videos on your phone doesn't provide an accurate representation of the difference. You don't even need a 4k screen for the jump to become apparent, especially if you have a larger TV that you sit close to.

In saying that, I know people who shrug off the visual difference between DVD and Bluray, let alone Bluray and 4k Bluray. If you're the type of gamer that doesn't care about visual fidelity and your PS4 still looks great to you, stick with that. Games still look fantastic on that platform. The Xbox One X isn't going to make your games look like they come from another generation; it's just going to present them with vastly higher image quality (no jaggies, minimal shimmering, higher quality textures, improved shader effects and a much higher native resolution (or downsampling)). It gives console centric gamers the option of having a more PC-like/premium gaming experience.

D dcll
I think it's much like the differences between games on the original Xbox One and PS4, it depends on the game but improvements may not be so noticeable if you're not comparing the two side by side. It does also depend on the person playing the games and also the accuracy of the display they use.

The best thing you could do to see how important it is to you is to try playing games on both systems using the panel you would normally use, I wouldn't really rely on compressed videos.

I completely agree with all of this. Good advice!

Last edited:

Pac3y

Awaiting my 3rd Scorpio edition replacement from MS advance exchange. Something seriously wrong.

Lettuce

Looks like my Project Scorpion console has just died, got a display when i turned it on started Recore then lost the display and now i cant get anything to show just a black screen have tried holding down the power button for 10 seconds and unplugging the system from the wall for 1 minute and also the display reset (eject + power) and still no display. Is there anything else to try?

What the best thing to do contact Amazon (UK) or Microsoft as i doubt ill get another Project Scorpio system will i...which im pretty pissed about!!

Lettuce

Yeah i know right, i knew i should of kept my old system as a backup........i think the Project Scorpio systems seem to be the main culprits though not sure why

94_E5778_E_5_AEC_4954_8_F88_01_E0_F938_F2_F6.png
Here is a free digital code for Assasins Creed Unity on the Xbox for anyone that wants it.

Please post to let people know once someone claims it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom