• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
All you guys complaining about the ps4 pro being brought up in this thread see the below two posts that I was replying to when I entered the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244440756&postcount=1048

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244440756&postcount=1049

If any of you have a problem with the ps4 being brought up here than go after the posters who brought the subject into the thread - one of whom is known to have a preference for xbox.

Either ignore it or go whine about it somewhere else or contact a mod.

Okay, I can only talk for myself but mine was a general assessment and yes included you too but not only you!

MilkyJoe

If any of you have a problem with the ps4 being brought up here than go after the posters who brought the subject into the thread - one of whom is known to have a preference for xbox.

You're taking things awfully personally because I stated an arguable fact. You should heed your own advice and grow up maybe? It's just entertainment devices.

Ps I have a preference for xbox? It's the only console I currently own, feel free to go through my post history and check for my shitting up PlayStation threads.

I could care less for Sony exclusives I have both systems and I have not bought a sony exclusive since bloodbourne. Not everyone has your views. This is a Xbox pre-order thread. And you shouldn't be here bringing up ps4 and why its so holy good and better over Xbox. You know why I pick Xbox? Because all my friends are on xbox live whole psn is a ghost town for me.

Show me where I said everyone or anyone else should have my views ? Or that you werent allowed to prefer xbox for whatever reason ?
I just pointed out that not everyone would consider one console a better value over another for their own reasons.
Go ahead.
I'll wait.
Forever

And I'm here discussing a subject that was brought into the thread well before I showed up. By Xbox fans.

Pantz

Man, hurry up!! My bank account is starting to dwindle down and won't be going back up till September. Gotta pre-order before I keep buying other useless crap. (Lookin for Best Buy pre-order).

Hawk269

And the games that are available on ps4 and not xbox one are important enough factors to me and many others to choose the ps4.
Is there something else about this you're still not clear on yet ?

If you still need help read the bolded from my original post below:
Why are you posting in a thread about a console you have zero interest in?

MilkyJoe

Read my posts in this thread and you will see I do have some interest in the console.
Not as much some, but a little.
Now please continue jump to some more conclusions.

Two pages ago you said you have very little interest in this console because it has no games, make your mind up.

Thebonehead

Banned

My comment was made without any digs.

Your subsequent replies were partisan considering the thread you are in.

You're taking things awfully personally because I stated an arguable fact. You should heed your own advice and grow up maybe? It's just entertainment devices.

Ps I have a preference for xbox? It's the only console I currently own, feel free to go through my post history and check for my shitting up PlayStation threads.

The above wasnt directed at you Joe. I was responding to the posts complaining about the ps4 being brought up when it was you and another guy comparing the ps4 pro and one x in the first place before I entered the thread lol.
And my whole point is that the xbox oneX isnt necessarily a better value for everyone.
Different factors mean more to some than others. To me bc and uhd bluray dont matter one bit.
So no it, isnt a fact.
To others they are very important and thats fine.
Not all factors carry the same weight for everyone as they do for you.
So, subjective.

MilkyJoe

The above wasnt directed at you Joe. I was responding to the posts complaining about the ps4 being brought up when it was you and another guy comparing the ps4 pro and one x in the first place before I entered the thread lol.

And my whole point is that the xbox oneX isnt necessarily a better value for everyone.
Different factors mean more to some than others. To me bc and uhd bluray dont matter one bit.
So no it, isnt a fact.
To others they are very important and thats fine.
At all.
Not all factors carry the same weight for everyone as they do for you.
So, subjective.

Apologies for misreading the narrative.

I'm not saying it's better for individuals, just on paper it's the better product, nothing more, nothing less.

Head.spawn

Read my posts in this thread and you will see I do have some interest in the console.
Not as much some, but a little.
Now please continue jump to some more conclusions.

I was pretty convinced by your last thread that you weren't getting one. I would've put money on it.

Either way, MS needs to hurry up and open up pre-orders, it's taking too long.

I was pretty convinced by your last thread that you weren't getting one. I would've put money on it.

Either way, MS needs to hurry up and open up pre-orders, it's taking too long.

I kind of want one but I dont really need it. I keep going from interested to not. Like I said to Joe it comes from liking gadgets especially gaming consoles.
If I did get one it would compete with my pro and my pc which I am getting a 1070 for tomorrow. And a Switch.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Oh dang! Just noticed that they took down the Microsoft Store product page for the Xbox One X. The link on their site now takes you to a dead page despite it being right near the top of their "Xbox" section.

Might pre-orders be closer than we think? That page was live earlier this morning.

Link: Just click on the "Xbox One X" tile

Could be...
Lower on the page, at the bottom, is a text based XBOX section with this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-x/8NQ33JVV1S9V

This page is outdated though as are all other retailers like Best Buy still stating: "This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications Commission. It is not for sale until FCC approval has been obtained.
"

So, who knows.

Could be...
Lower on the page, at the bottom, is a text based XBOX section with this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/xbox-one-x/8NQ33JVV1S9V

This page is outdated though as are all other retailers like Best Buy still stating: "This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications Commission. It is not for sale until FCC approval has been obtained.
"

So, who knows.

Interesting! So that text link still goes to the old page, showing that they didn't take it down. That seems to suggest that the tile at the top of the page will (or should) direct somewhere else? Idk man.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
When can I preorder? I am confident sales will be impacted slightly due to the lack of a preorder window.

I almost understand why people bring up PS4 pro into why they would rather buy the Xbox one X than pro or something like that since this is a Xbox one X preorder thread. A person with no intentions of buying the X in anyway seems weird to me though

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Interesting! So that text link still goes to the old page, showing that they didn't take it down. That seems to suggest that the tile at the top of the page will (or should) direct somewhere else? Idk man.

Well, I can appreciate the enthusiasm, and I hope it is in the process of being changed out, but who knows. Maybe it is and they'll get to the link at the bottom later. I'm trying to not overthink it. I want to get a pre-order in as soon as I can as well, but well, they'll get to it.

Novocaine

All you guys complaining about the ps4 pro being brought up in this thread see the below two posts that I was replying to when I entered the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244440756&postcount=1048

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244440756&postcount=1049

"He started it" isn't really much of an excuse. Anyway it wasn't solely directed at you, I'm just tired of seeing it in every Xbox focussed thread. Every fucking time without fail.

"He started it" isn't really much of an excuse. Anyway it wasn't solely directed at you, I'm just tired of seeing it in every Xbox focussed thread. Every fucking time without fail.

Again, if you're pissed about the pro being brought into the thread than chastise who sent it in that direction to begin with.

Thebonehead

Banned
Again, if you're pissed about the pro being brought into the thread than chastise who sent it in that direction to begin with.

There's a reason you're getting called out by everybody and I, as the one as you said brought the Pro into the discussion, am not.

I brought it in purely as a value proposition comparison, and the possibility of something being bundled with the pre-order.

Your response was to denigrate the "lackluster library exclusive-wise and the not-huge power difference. " - Things that you know will cause a reaction in a thread dedicated to ordering the new machine.

You then tried, and failed badly i might add to castigate others and steer blame onto them. Classic Bait & Switch behaviour.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I still firmly believe Crackdown 3 and/or Lucky's Tale will come free with all One X pre-orders.

Both those games are being sent to die and people are still very uneasy about $499.

By giving those 2 games away with the console until Dec 31, it makes $499 far more palatable and allows those games to reach larger numbers given bundled sales are included in LTD figures.

I still firmly believe Crackdown 3 and/or Lucky's Tale will come free with all One X pre-orders.

Both those games are being sent to die and people are still very uneasy about $499.

By giving those 2 games away with the console until Dec 31, it makes $499 far more palatable and allows those games to reach larger numbers given bundled sales are included in LTD figures.

honestly, I could see it coming with 2-3 games, lucky and crackdown, and PUBG

and every time i see this thread bump I panic a little, I've been watching the pre order page on bestbuy like a hawk

There's a reason you're getting called out by everybody and I, as the one as you said brought the Pro into the discussion, am not.

I brought it in purely as a value proposition comparison, and the possibility of something being bundled with the pre-order.

Your response was to denigrate the "lackluster library exclusive-wise and the not-huge power difference. " - Things that you know will cause a reaction in a thread dedicated to ordering the new machine.

You then tried, and failed badly i might add to castigate others and steer blame onto them. Classic Bait & Switch behaviour.

Again, because value is subjective. The library matters to some people and some prefer the ps4's and that factors into some folks purchasing decison as much as that may hurt your feelings.
And no, I didnt fail at calling people out. I called the people out who were complaining about the ps4 being brought into the thread when those same people were failing to hold the people who actually brought it into the thread accountable. No bait and switch. I am in no way responsible for your or anyone elses posts.
Xbox fans bring ps4 pro vs xbox one x value into thread.
Ps4 fan with some xbox one x interest joins in this discussion.
Xbox fans proceed to complain about ps4 vs xbox discussion in thread.
You brought it into the thread and I discussed it. There are other factors that others consider or that you may consider irrelevant.
Get over it.

Thebonehead

Banned
Get over it.

For a PS fan you sure do predominantly spend the majority of your time and effort posting in Xbox based threads. It really beggars belief.

I'm over it - Never called you out until you started bringing me into your attempt at an argument.

Based on you prior post history you can only construct a facile debate, and as I have no interest in your opinion whatsoever I've tagged you for the ignore list.

Colbert

Banned
Again, because value is subjective. The library matters to some people and some prefer the ps4's and that factors into some folks purchasing decison as much as that may hurt your feelings.
And no, I didnt fail at calling people out. I called people out who were complaining about the ps4 being brought into the thread when those same people were failing to hold the people who actually brought it into the thread accountable.
You brought it into the thread and I discussed it.
Get over it.

Just understand that this is a thread for people already decided to get a Xbox One X for whatever reason and leave it there. If you are interested into the capabilities of the Xbox One X to decide it could be an addition to your family of consoles there are a lot of thread discussing that topic but just not here.

kevin1025

Banned
And no, I didnt fail at calling people out. I called the people out who were complaining about the ps4 being brought into the thread when those same people were failing to hold the people who actually brought it into the thread accountable. No bait and switch. I am in no way responsible for your or anyone elses posts.
You brought it into the thread and I discussed it. There are other factors that others consider or that you may consider irrelevant.
Get over it.

We get it. Please give it a rest.

No way. They will want to recoup some of that development cost. I could see it being bundled shortly after the holiday season, but not on release.

For a PS fan you sure do predominantly spend the majority of your time and effort posting in Xbox based threads. It really beggars belief.

I'm over it - Never called you out until you started bringing me into your attempt at an argument.

Based on you prior post history you can only construct a facile debate, and as I have no interest in your opinion whatsoever I've tagged you for the ignore list.

Hey look personal insults!

Won't someone just think of the PS4 fans!

Wont someone just think of the xbox one x and its fans feelings! There are people out there who dont blindly think its the greatest thing since the creation of the universe!
People who actually consider their purchase and acknowledge that amazingly there are others that do the same.

Kaydan

Banned
I see yet another Xbox thread has gone to shit. Color me surprised.

On topic, anyone has an idea of the Canadian MSRP for the One X? I'm hoping for 600$ but it will probably be 650... RIP wallet.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Everyone.

Chill out with the console wars nonsense and worrying about who is stepping on whose toes. Reasonable discourse is allowed, but this is generally a thread about news of pre-ordering the Xbox One X.

Comparisons between hardware power probably can find a different home, but reasonable discourse is fine.

Consider this a warning shot about behaving in this thread moving forward.

This goes to both "sides" of whatever is going on in here.

Top Bottom