• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki 16

CdNufeJ.png

lol

I might get an xbox now.

Bollocks

lol MS shit their bed with the Neo comment.
"yeah hey look here, over here, we have something too, whoo, plz don't buy neo"

WadeitOut

Why are people talking about the price of NVidia cards?

It will use a custom AMD chip. The 5.5 TF RX 480 is only $199.

lol MS shit their bed with the Neo comment.
"yeah hey look here, over here, we have something too, whoo, plz don't buy neo"

...lol. The Neo rumors came out AFTER the Microsoft rumors.

Zomba13

Sweet. All that power that won't get put into the games because they have to run on the shitty old Xbone so you'll really only get games running at 4K for that 4K TV you don't have and then it'll be out of date in two years time when the Xbox Scorpio One Two comes out (after being rumoured a few months before that E3).

Stillmatic

It might be cheaper than expected given it could be up to a year and a half away. Sounds good so far though specs wise.

Jamaro85

Maybe this has already been asked/answered, but is pushing 4K gaming really a good idea?

If everybody is excited about developers having the power to do more with games, to achieve better graphical fidelity, to have higher frame rates, won't pushing the resolution to 4K really hinder a lot of that ability?

PC gamers, does 4K gaming with true increases in all of these areas seem realistic given the 6 TF figure?

I think Microsoft revealed their hand too early. All Sony has to do is up clock their Polaris apu in neo and it'll be an even race again.

Nzyme32

Hilarious that they say "No Compromises", "4K" & "60fps" in the same line - you are guaranteed compromises, especially scaling back to Xbox One for all games!

Juraash

Super neat to see them actually talk about this, I really expected it to come later. That said, probably not in for one. With their push for exclusives to make it to Windows too as well as cross play on some games (like Gears) the incentive for me to buy their dedicated hardware just isn't there.

Kevin Atomic

Neo Member
Surprised it is so far off. Looks like if you've waited this long to get an Xbox you might as well wait longer. With the connectivity to Win 10 and the Scorpio coming there is no reason to jump the gun and run out to get a One or One S.

Now to see what Nintendo and Sony are bringing to compete

Lingitiz

I hate this concept. We're gonna be stuck in a state of permanent cross gen games

Eventually I assume some regular Xbox One will get phased out, but it'll take a long time.

But IMO this is a better shift. The painful generational shift during this last one was the worst we have ever seen. Crossplatform is only just being phased out, the ridiculous amounts of remasters, the regression on the OS side and features that needed to be re-implemented, etc. Avoiding that reset is the right choice. There was a lot of fear last gen from publishers that audiences would not show up for another generation, and this avoids that.

Wow, full on 6TF. Awesome. I'll be there day one! Loving the messaging they had. Really seems like a new Xbox (console and culture).

Lead the way Phil!

QaaQer

Wonder what VR devices they will be supporting. The Rift seems like a no brainer except it doesn't have a console type price point. If you are in the market for a Rift then you'd also be in the market for a PC.

The rift has its own store. I'm going to bet ms will have their own headset or they will partner with a Samsung.

BFIB

This is so bizarre. Not sure what the console industry is aiming for, but what is the point of putting in all this effort on the XBox One S when you announce a much better console at the end?

Gamers want the best technology, they want the newest technology. All this is doing is dividing the audience, because who is going to want the S model when you can get a newer model a year later?

Indead, what is the point of XBOX ONE S when SCORPIO next year?

XBONE ONE S for those who were still waiting to jump in, with a nice new slim console and affordable price.
XBOX SCORPIO for those hardcore gamers who are going to probably replace their original XBOX ONE and want the absolute more powerful console on the market

Minions

I'm torn. With everything coming out on PC, I don't really have much reason to own my current Xbox one, let alone the Slim or Scorpio. PC seems the way to go ( alas... with optimization issues).

This seems like a full on xbone successor now that it has flopped whereas sony is going the incremental smartphone approach. Pretty interesting. I think this will be too expensive to gain traction. The appetite for xbox isn't this big but it's interesting nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom