• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salz01

Dont you guys know E3 is just around the corner? And Spec is what everyone has been asking for. In depth look into the insides, is pretty fucking cool already.

This isn't 19 fucking 83. Nobody reads shit. People want to see what it can do. Especially if they have DF do it. Now people will have to see DF potential possibilities videos based on specs for 2 months. Kind of what they did for PS4 pro and battlefront. And it wasn't really good to be frankly honest. Because it's just what high end PCs run.

Obsidian would be a good fit too I think, 'cause Fable 4 was supposed to be a cyberpunk and dark game

http://gamingbolt.com/fable-4-was-going-to-be-a-dark-mature-cyberpunk-setting-game

but beware, reading this actually hurts.
I've seen that. I'm glad that didn't come to fruition. A Fable game set only in Bowerstone without the rest of Albion doesn't sound very appealing. The Jack the Ripper balverine would have been a cool quest, but that idea doesn't stand on its own.

Xumbrega

Banned
Would not suprised me...sc was an original xbox exclusive.

There was a report a while back that they were working on a new splinter cell and that ironside was also back recording audio

Getting hyped

care to post where did you read that?

I want a new SC so badly, Blacklist is one of the best last generation games.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
CD Projekt Red wouldn't be the worst fit. I don't know if they could nail the British charm though. I love Fable II's English countryside aesthetic with the cottages.

I wonder what Playground is doing, they're working on a non-racing game. They are also British.

I thought the same thing. That could be a cool surprise.

Some Nobody

Everything I'm seeing makes me think this is just straight forward--an article detailing specs, nothing more.

Makes sense too. No reason to have your hopes up if that's all that's happening.

Edit: Also, Microsoft really needs a good RPG.

Proelite

Even if DF were shills over this, which they aren't, I don't give a fuck I'm excited for any Scorpio news and it has to come from somewhere right?

Time for a wakeup call: Leadbetter is a filthy liar and a criminal.

He is full of Orwellian doublespeak straight from 1984. Either Microsoft has brainwashed him or he's deliberately lying on their behalf. I cannot believe Digital Foundry is doing business with them. It disgusts me, to the core, and it's only a matter of time until the image quality enthusiast public shun them as outcasts. This has happened to outlets before.

My friend Mark described a general scenario to me that I agree with. Picture this: you have a site that people read. This site has the potential to get a great deal of traffic, but it requires a lot of exclusives to operate. Do you write a piece for a company that has honor and will treat you with respect, or do you write the piece for a company that has none and will throw you to the dogs after they've made their buck?

(I'm talking about Microsoft and Sony in that analogy)

Microsoft will betray Digital Foundry. Scorpio piece will be the only article that Xbots will ever read, and then Digital Foundry is stuck with the image quality enthusiast base they betrayed. Checkmate. All in Microsoft's plan. The fallout from this is going to be HUGE and Digital Foundry is about to see it. I can see the writing on the wall. I'm surprised some of you can't.

I hate to see Digital Foundry fall this hard.

hopefully you are right, we need a new SC

I can see MS funding/moneyhating a new Splinter Cell

Definitely a possibility. Could be a deal like DR4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider or maybe like SFV on PS4. Maybe that tweet by Major Nelson has no special meaning though. But it's definitely time for SC to come back.

Art wise what they had on fable legends sounds a better fit to the franchise than this.

The town in the beta was magnificent, every time I played I wondered: Why aren't you guys making a Fable 4 with those graphics?

Exactly my thoughts as well. From the area the beta started in to the town. It was awesome and I constantly thought to myself what a shame it was that this was just a F2P game.

Dizzy

Banned
This thread has been an emotional roller-coaster.
Love how this worm comes back out of hiding now Microsoft has some new hardware ready. All those lies he told about XB1/PS4 multiplats back in the day to sway people on the fence, then he fled the forum when the truth came out.

Not sure why he was tolerated here when his only purpose was to market the xbox.

EvB

Definitely a possibility. Could be a deal like DR4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider or maybe like SFV on PS4. Maybe that tweet by Major Nelson has no special meaning though. But it's definitely time for SC to come back.

I saw Blacklist in BC testing a while back, but it has yet to even be released . I'd say that means a new splinter cell release is on the horizon

Dabanton

Art wise what they had on fable legends sounds a better fit to the franchise than this.

The town in the beta was magnificent, every time I played I wondered: Why aren't you guys making a Fable 4 with those graphics?

Yep said the same thing s few weeks ago. The beta town looked absolutely beautiful a whole game that looked as good as that?

I would have been in heaven.

Love how this worm comes back out of hiding now Microsoft has some new hardware ready. All those lies he told about XB1/PS4 multiplats back in the day to sway people on the fence, then he fled the forum when the truth came out.

Not sure why he was tolerated here when his only purpose was to market the xbox.

But tell us how you really feel.

Dynasty

Wow, you could make your point without insulting the guy.

iCcclEH.jpg

Yooooo, I shit you not I was thinking about this the other day. Fable rebooted by CD would be fucking amazing.

If anyone on MS is reading this, get this done.

Noobcraft

Uhhh... What

Dabanton

I saw Blacklist in BC testing a while back, but it has yet to even be released . I'd say that means a new splinter cell release is on the horizon

Seems about right. Blacklist was released on August 20, 2013

For such a big franchise that's a long time to be sitting in the dark.

Yep said the same thing s few weeks ago. The beta town looked absolutely beautiful a whole game that looked as good as that?

I would have been in heaven.

Fable Legends is still one of the better looking games from this generation, sad it'll never see the light of day. They could have at least learned some lessons from Legends when they eventually made Fable IV. Combat was something that was never great in the series (and outright bad in III), Legends could have been good for the series in that regard.

Dizzy

Banned
Wow, you could make your point without insulting the guy.
Barely an insult. I see far worse flying around GAF daily.

Not sure why everyone wants to defend him just because he's got e-celeb status here.

I get wanting to promote your product. There's nothing wrong with that. Also nice that he identified himself as an MS employee, kudos for that.

However he told straight up lies regarding game performance before launch. I find it disgusting that someone would try to con people in that way.

That would be a waste of a perfectly good developer. Wasting talent and resources trying to revive some burned out IP. Not to mention how redundant it would be, after the Witcher series.

The IP isn't burnt out, they just continually made bullheaded decisions instead of making a proper action adventure/RPG.

Kar L

Pretty sure CD Projekt Red makes fantastic games on their own and they don't have to spend their time remaking some middling console exclusive.

Mrbob

CD Projekt Red would be an awful fit for Fable. They don't do charming British humor. Besides they are busy with CyberPunk and The Witcher, taking on Fable would be a step down for their talents.

Dabanton

Fable Legends is still one of the better looking games from this generation, sad it'll never see the light of day. They could have at least learned some lessons from Legends when they eventually made Fable IV. Combat was something that was never great in the series (and outright bad in III), Legends could have been good for the series in that regard.

Yeah what I'd love is for them to add if they ever make a new game. Is some light and I do mean light, Dark Souls type parrying elements to the combat. So if people want to hack and slash they can if they want some fights with a bit more ooomph and skill they can as well.

Outrun

What the fuck has happened to this thread...?

Is it that hard to reserve judgement until Thursday?

If DF is sprouting falsehoods then GAF will descend on them.

Until then, relax.

KageMaru

I'm predicting an upclocked jaguar CPU, Vega GPU, and 12GB of GDDR5 memory. Hope they were able to take a deep dive into the specs.

care to post where did you read that?

I want a new SC so badly, Blacklist is one of the best last generation games.

Apparently it's a rumor that started on GAF actually.

http://screenrant.com/splinter-cell-video-game-michael-ironside/

So GAF -> Internet -> GAF?

Not cool man. While he has obvious reasons behind his posts, I believe he would have stayed around if GAF wasn't so aggressive at times. I've seen legit good people stop posting because of the way members here can behave. Shinobi is a recent example of this.

If the XBO were priced and marketed correctly from the beginning, I think they would have performed better in the market.

If CDPR took a crack at it Fable might actually be good tho.

Fable TLC and II are good. They never realized their full potential, but they're fun games.

Yeah what I'd love is for them to add if they ever make a new game. Is some light and I do mean light, Dark Souls type parrying elements to the combat. So if people want to hack and slash they can if they want some fights with a bit more ooomph and skill they can as well.

I'd like a proper combat puzzle where enemies have weakness that could be exploited. Fable has always been purely damage dealt rather than making the enemies unique and fun to fight.

Dynomutt

What the fuck has happened to this thread...?

Is it that hard to reserve judgement until Thursday?

If DF is sprouting falsehoods then GAF will descend on them.

Until then, relax.

Surprisingly it's not even fanboyism that hijacked this thread it's the speculation!

I joined Gaf around 1/2014. PS4 Pro and Switch were my first console launches making Scorpio my third. It's actually been pretty tame. Tried to clarify the benefits of a DF reveal on reddit @ r/xboxone but all I got was heat for siding with DF and accused of nepotism for defending dark10x.

Exactly my thoughts as well. From the area the beta started in to the town. It was awesome and I constantly thought to myself what a shame it was that this was just a F2P game.
I mean, I liked the game, gameplay wise it was the series at its best. But it should have been a side project, not the only Fable in the longest time.

Alebrije

Can someone please explain to me what DF did wrong? I'm confused by some of these posts

Lots of people thinks DF will move from a neutral to an alienated possition about Scorpio.

Time will tell , but think this will hurt DF on the long run no matter if they do a professional work with Scorpio review.

Haines

Banned
Can't wait to learn more.

Have not been happy with the one outside a few things.

This will decide if I end using xbox or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom