• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.
SourHollowGoa.gif
It begins...

KageMaru

I'm guessing specs only and expectation of performance...

Price, name (maybe), games etc will come later most likely

Yeah I can see them do a proper reveal for the wider audience. I question if they have enough software to fill an entire E3 conference, so maybe we'll get more details then?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Sad thing is the joke posts are almost less crazy than some of the real stuff.

Hoping for something awesome. Decked out custom Vega with some crazy memory config. Zen would be amazing, but this is a console and even a higher clocked jag/puma would suffice.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Well I am excited!
I am all in on a generationless future, and instead of having xbox games, xbox one games, just have xbox games. I think it is great, and I hope Sony follow suit.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Love how this worm comes back out of hiding now Microsoft has some new hardware ready. All those lies he told about XB1/PS4 multiplats back in the day to sway people on the fence, then he fled the forum when the truth came out.

Not sure why he was tolerated here when his only purpose was to market the xbox.

image.png

Another example of why people in the game industry don't frequently post on this forum

Love how this worm comes back out of hiding now Microsoft has some new hardware ready. All those lies he told about XB1/PS4 multiplats back in the day to sway people on the fence, then he fled the forum when the truth came out.

Not sure why he was tolerated here when his only purpose was to market the xbox.
How mature and thoughtful of you

Feeling feisty today are we

EBreda

they gonna show their new console without a proper event ? weird...

Don't think they will show the actually plastic box.
More like interview with the chief designer, talks about specs, bottlenecks, potential and comparisons to what is already here.

bede-x

The IP isn't burnt out, they just continually made bullheaded decisions instead of making a proper action adventure/RPG.

Exactly. If they made something like the first three, perhaps moving the timeline of Albion once again to make it feel fresh, while still retaining the distinct Dickens-like/british fairytale atmosphere, it would absolutely be something worth looking forward to. And unlike a lot of games today, they weren't bloated and drawn out. Keep it that way.

They might need a different approach to the good/evil dynamic though..

gaming_noob

Couldn't concentrate at work because of this thread. Might need a day off tomorrow to prepare for Thursday. This is the best Xbox thread on neogaf in a loooong time.

Time for a wakeup call: Leadbetter is a filthy liar and a criminal.

He is full of Orwellian doublespeak straight from 1984. Either Microsoft has brainwashed him or he's deliberately lying on their behalf. I cannot believe Digital Foundry is doing business with them. It disgusts me, to the core, and it's only a matter of time until the image quality enthusiast public shun them as outcasts. This has happened to outlets before.

My friend Mark described a general scenario to me that I agree with. Picture this: you have a site that people read. This site has the potential to get a great deal of traffic, but it requires a lot of exclusives to operate. Do you write a piece for a company that has honor and will treat you with respect, or do you write the piece for a company that has none and will throw you to the dogs after they've made their buck?

(I'm talking about Microsoft and Sony in that analogy)

Microsoft will betray Digital Foundry. Scorpio piece will be the only article that Xbots will ever read, and then Digital Foundry is stuck with the image quality enthusiast base they betrayed. Checkmate. All in Microsoft's plan. The fallout from this is going to be HUGE and Digital Foundry is about to see it. I can see the writing on the wall. I'm surprised some of you can't.

I hate to see Digital Foundry fall this hard.

You are the fucking man. lol.

Dabanton

Lots of people thinks DF will move from a neutral to an alienated possition about Scorpio.

Time will tell , but think this will hurt DF on the long run no matter if they do a professional work with Scorpio review.

It will only hurt DF with the sort of people who are crazed fanboys. Who only like to hear good things about their favored piece of plastic.

I'm expecting something like they did on the PS4 Pro which iirc didn't get any accusations of 'bias' or being 'paid off' on here.

digitalfoundry-2016-inside-playstation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine

To me it looks like a site that does deep interesting articles on new game hardware doing their job.

Anything substantiated about the RDR2 rumors for the reveal? Don't really care about the hardware, but I'd be legit excited for RDR2 and the Madden reveal if those rumors panned out.

Not sure why Earth tolerates people with such objectionable attitudes towards other people based on ... a consumer electronics device.

rokkerkory

Come on man, a bit uncalled for.

Here me out guys. I've got the absolute perfect marketing plan for Scorpio at E3.

Microsoft should have a whole section in their E3 booth where enthusiastic fans and random walkers by get to come over and try this.

skyfall.gif

Just imagine all the good press this would get!? Got a bachelors in marketing at Trump University.

Detective

Microsoft are genius when it comes to marketing.

Everyone have been talking about Scorpio without them doing much.

Can't wait to Preorder the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom