• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the tweet by Jez.

He indeed says he hasn't seen the specs and he also says this:

''I'm 90% sure Scorpio has GDDR5, not GDDR5x''

I don't think i saw that posted here yet, but is it of any importance?

Xumbrega

Banned
This thread in a nutshell

9jqU0JB.jpg

holy shit LOL

Head.spawn

Whilst I personally wouldn't go anywhere near as far as the poster your are quoting in regards to how personally it's been taken, Albert Penello did came onto GAF during the lead up to the XBOne launch and did almost nothing but lie and obfuscate. So it's not surprising he's burnt a few bridges.

Still, that was almost 4 years ago and he deserves another chance.

Good thing he's been back posting for quite some time since then, 'eh?

Dai101

Banned
Would you guys be ok with a design similar to this, as a nod to the original:

original_xbox.jpeg

I'LL TAKE EIGHT!!

Also, where did this conspiracy of true BC compatibility with the OGXbox started? Because HOLY SHIT. I'll sold my car to buy this in an instant.

Orca

To those saying that this is a niche scoop as DF is only for enthusiasts, you guys know once this info goes out every major outlet will cover it.

And honestly anyone (XBOX or Sony fanboys) who believe these guys at DF are inherently biased are dead wrong. I mained an XBOX as my primary console for 15+ years and I never blamed them for the poor showings in face-offs this gen. I blamed Mattrick. The folks at DF are stand up people that try their best to present their info honestly with research/visual proof.

Weird how nobody seems to remember during the Xbox 360/PS3 days that DF was so 'blatantly biased' against Sony that Lens of Truth was started up and mostly notable for giving Sony a 'fair shake' in comparisons lol

quest

Not Banned from OT
Yea it doesn't matter what type of ram since we already know the speeds and they're extremely fast 320 gb/s

It's matters a lot gddr5 would be 12 gigs of ram on 384 bit bus. GDdr5x would be only 8 gigs on 256 bit bus. But Albert let slip the 384 bit bus when he confused the bandwidth with bus here. So 12 gig of GDdr5!

Head.spawn

original_xbox.jpeg

Maybe if it was black with a Green LED Xbox button or something. Outside of that, nostalgia wants to say yes, to that gawdy design (I'm old now) and I would absolutely be on board with having a huge ass console as long as it's nice and quiet.. but, no.

Amerzel

Neo Member
What are people expecting Sony to do with their console prices this year? Cut the MSRP of the Slim to $250 and Pro to $350?

quest

Not Banned from OT
What are people expecting Sony to do with their console prices this year? Cut the MSRP of the Slim to $250 and Pro to $350?

Slim price cut not sure the pro gets one. Sony been very determined to make bank on hardware this generation. Look at how reluctant we're to price cut the OG ps4.

I'll have a Scorpio on day one, just hope a good game or two is available at launch. And please don't be loud when spinning uhd blu rays like the xbox one S. Male sure of it Albert.

Griss

original_xbox.jpeg

The ugliest console ever made. No way.

They've got something great going with the design of the XB1 S. Just let whoever handled that design Scorpio.

I don't expect to see the box tomorrow anyway. I expect just a tech spec article with maybe a video of a target tech demo.

belvedere

Junior Butler

They've got something great going with the design of the XB1 S. Just let whoever handled that design Scorpio.

I don't expect to see the box tomorrow anyway. I expect just a tech spec article with maybe a video of a target tech demo.

The inside was even uglier.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

The young man behind the Xbox One S now works for Tesla.

Besides the need to name call its not entirely wrong. He came when he was selling the xbox one. Left and is now back when it's time to market the next console? It is shady. And was also filled with lies and broken promises.

I created my account, under my own name, back in 2008 well before Xbox One.

I'm the Hardware guy. I post when there is something happening I was directly involved in. We don't ship Hardware all that often.

I've continued to post pretty regularly after launch, although infrequently. I posted just a couple weeks ago.

I will be visible more often as Scorpio launch approaches if there are things I think I can clear up for people. Then I'll most likely go back to being a lurker and chiming in now and again.

Wedzi

Banned
Was it solely his design or was it a Microsoft design team effort?

Probably a team effort but he did have a whole post detailing the design decisions on his blog but it was taken down some time ago.

No price cut on the Pro. Probably pack in a game for the holidays though.

Packing in Red Dead 2, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, or CoD WW2 is just as good as any pack in.

Though I bet it's Horizon this year like Uncharted 4 was last year.

I'm the Hardware guy. I post when there is something happening I was directly involved in. We don't ship Hardware all that often.

I've continued to post pretty regularly after launch, although infrequently. I posted just a couple weeks ago.

I will be visible more often as Scorpio launch approaches if there are things I think I can clear up for people. Then I'll most likely go back to being a lurker and chiming in now and again.

Sir, no need to explain yourself to the worm. You're always welcome for any Xbox news you have to share with us..

.Scorpio.

Outrun

You are always welcome here, brother.

Jerm411

Wonder if we'll still get a big blowout press conference pre E3 with the actual design, release date, price, etc.

I mean I'm excited for Thursday for sure but I want more lol....

Detective

You are always welcome. Hope you will post more often.

Leyasu

Banned
I can see where MS is going with this, and on the surface it looks like a good idea, but they seem to constantly forget that everything they do is constantly met with the greatest suspicion of sinister motives. As a result MS and DF should have expected lots of accusations of bias or payola or whatever. MS probably thought "DF is trusted and we think we have a technical winner here, it will be more believable coming from them." and DF thought "This will drive clicks like nobody's business, plus we'd really like to get our hands on Scorpio from a tech-angle". But in the end it's just going to end up hurting DF in some people's eyes and those same people won't believe DF's commentary on Scorpio any more than they would have an MS suit.

Sony fans should be happy about this news if anything. This exclusive and the accompanying distrust it brings will give them ammo to invalidate the results of any head-to-heads that Sony may lose in the months following Scorpio's release.

Laugh out fucking loud. What is this? Pre-release df article damage control? One of the worst posts that I have seen on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom