• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 (PC/Mac/Linux, Firaxis, November 2015) announced [Up: New info/screens in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodR0se

From XCOM 2's amazon.ca page:

UnrPTns.png

Looking forward to installing 7 CDs! Well, at least it'll work on Windows ME.

The install size is 45GB so the number of CD's needed would actually be closer to 64.

Good luck with that.

No, they said you'll have the entire game of 45 gigs at your disposal for modding purposes, not that the tools will be that much.

edit:just checked, actually it will lol. The game 45GB, mod tools will be + 50GB.

epmode

Wasn't 45 gigs the mod tools, and the game itself is in a much more compact form?

The developers said that the mod tools give access to virtually all of the assets in XCOM 2 but the tools can't work with the assets until they're uncompressed and repackaged. They made it sound like the mod tools or these uncompressed assets will be a separate download. Free DLC?

I wonder if the mod tools are considered part of these 45 GB.

The game 45GB, mod tools will be + 50GB.

Wow. Good thing I just bought a new SSD.

Apoc29

Yeah I'm dum. I haven't bought a physical PC game since Rogue Squadron 3D in like 1999. I actually hope it's not on Blu-ray since I don't have a Blu-ray drive.

Yeah I'm dum. I haven't bought a physical PC game since Rogue Squadron 3D in like 1999. I actually hope it's not on Blu-ray since I don't have a Blu-ray drive.

It won't be Blu-ray, it'll be DVD. Amazon (not Canada Amazon) has it listed as DVD‐ROM drive.

Lucifon

Anyone know if the mod tools allow for the multiplayer to be modded? Would love to see the MP fleshed out, felt half arsed in the original and looks almost identical in Xcom 2.

Anyone know if the mod tools allow for the multiplayer to be modded? Would love to see the MP fleshed out, felt half arsed in the original and looks almost identical in Xcom 2.

They do, yes.

I'm not sure as to the extent, though. There's a thread floating around with a link to a video explaining everything.

Sblargh

Banned
Is it Friday yet?

It's like having a job.
I am unemployed and yet waiting for friday.
Worst of all worlds.

Man, beagle ruined xcom streaming to me. I watch those other people like "stop being awful at the game!"

Oh my god he is saving before a mission. Saving! Sinner!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm not really concerned about the file size. It feels to me like since they're going PC only, they're pulling all the stops.

Stuff like uncompressed audio, high bitrate cutscenes, etc. If that's the case then whatever, get it done Firaxis. That's the benefits of the PC platform.

Hot pink body armor is the way to go, BTW.

Assaults are hot pink in my squad too. It's the only way.

Ont

I can't be the only person who color codes my soldier armor based on their class, can I?

Support = white
Assault = yellow
Heavy = red
Sniper = light blue

With Enemy Unknown I made sure that all uniforms had the same colour. During my military service it was hammered to my head that all uniforms had to look the same.

With XCOM 2 and its guerrilla setting, I will probably give everyone an unique look.

Palehorse

I colour code for sure.

Support is white, cause medics, you know.
Assault is red, so the blood won't show...but I guess alien blood isn't red. Maybe so their own blood won't show? Badass.
Heavy is black, because I like black
Sniper is Blue because he's so far away who cares who sees him?

I will definitely change things up for #2, the customization options are too crazy not to, but I might keep the armour tones coded.

When does GMG give the keys for pre-orders? I'm getting this message: "No keys available until the game is released." Does that mean i won't be able to download the game until Thursday? D:

Mikeside

I've got a one off 25% off code for GMG that works on XCOM 2 and the deluxe version

quote to see

please say if you take it so people don't waste their time trying after

The wording of that tweet suggests they have keys and are waiting for 2K to let them release them, rather than that they're waiting for 2K to send keys.

That's promising!

Jag

50 gigs what

well fucking shit. here I come load times cause I aint putting that on my SSD

:,(

That's a huge chunk of the 300GB Comcast lets me use each month.

May need to tether my cellphone and download it that way. At least I'm grandfathered with Verizon unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom