• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 (PC/Mac/Linux, Firaxis, November 2015) announced [Up: New info/screens in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3phon

Haven't really been following the games developemtn. All I want is for the game to have a soundtrack as good as the first game.

Haven't really been following the games developemtn. All I want is for the game to have a soundtrack as good as the first game.

I NEED REMIXES OF READY FOR BATTLE, VIGILO CONFIDO AND RESILIENCE OF MAN DAMMIT

AND MORE METROID PRIME-Y TRACKS

and the Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack please Michael McCann :3

Hektor

2 more days
emopeterstk4u.gif

kottila

they should make a smaller download for us with laptops below the minimum requirement, who are praying it will run decently at 480p

UnrealEck

So is Nuuvem still a place where a Western European can buy stuff? I'd love to get this but money is tight.

Don't buy from Nuuvem unless you're from Brazil.
Someone on another site I visit for deals got it from there (he/she is in the UK) and they can't register the key on their Steam account.

How in the world would anyone know? D:
Firaxis are one of the most open developers, hours of interviews / live streaming over the past few months - thought maybe they'd talked about it at some point considering Legend difficulty has been overhauled.

AHA-Lambda

Someone on another site I visit for deals got it from there (he/she is in the UK) and they can't register the key on their Steam account.

I thought keys from Nuuvem weren't being released until launch though?

They said anyone who preordered before January 25th would get a region free key

Falk

that puzzling face
Firaxis are one of the most open developers, hours of interviews / live streaming over the past few months - thought maybe they'd talked about it at some point considering Legend difficulty has been overhauled.

Good point. I guess last I heard difficulty was still being tweaked, even in major ways (see: nerfing beaglerush alpha strikes)

It'd probably be impossible to really gauge till the game goes live, regardless of targets.

There is a 95% probability it is equivalent. :p

I laughed way harder than I should have.

UnrealEck

I thought keys from Nuuvem weren't being released until launch though?

They said anyone who preordered before January 25th would get a region free key

According to the person here, when asked if they bought from Nuuvem, they had this to say:

Yeah I risked it. I got two keys right away and tried to add it to my Steam account. Steam recognised the keys as being "out of region" and not for use in my country. So I'm stuck now as I can't get a reply to my request for a refund.

I just checked Nuuvem and it says on their site:

Nuuvem said:
This game cannot be activated outside Brasil

jediyoshi

Is CDKeys a legit site, safe to get the game from there? The prices on that site are great.

Technically, no. They don't source their keys from official places.

Ironically, Nuuvem is actually legitimate. I'm curious what the use case was here, since they preemptively region lock you out of the store before buying things that don't activate in the region you're in at the time, on top of just having notifications on the game pages themselves saying exactly what activation restrictions are.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ironically, Nuuvem is actually legitimate. I'm curious what the use case was here, since they preemptively region lock you out of the store before buying things that don't activate in the region you're in at the time, on top of just having notifications on the game pages themselves saying exactly what activation restrictions are.

2K was supposed to provide ROW keys but had a change of heart and made heavily region-locked BR subs, however those who pre-ordered before late January will be given ROW keys as there were no international purchase restrictions when Nuuvem began accepting pre-orders.

ISee

Are there any benchmarks for this?

Not yet.
But the Press release version had some bugs, glitches and performance issues, most website are probably waiting for the final and obligatory day one patch. Still I do not expect performance to be brilliant.

Calcium

Banned
I'm so happy I made the decision to ignore this game during development. In 2 days I get to dive in knowing very little about it. It's going to be amazing.

Sblargh

Banned
According to the person here, when asked if they bought from Nuuvem, they had this to say:

I just checked Nuuvem and it says on their site:

Someone from outside Brasil got the key and can't use it and I'm from Brasil and Nuuvemh haven't sent me my key which I would be able to use it.

There's, like, 5% chance of this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom