• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Vinterbird said:
Well, I would be extremely surprised if the Scandinavian PR head for Nintendo would do that.
Other false things have been confirmed by weirdly remote branches of Nintendo, that's all I'm saying.

Could be happening... but I'm not in confirmed hype territory yet!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQppye_A7yg

That was the official Japanese overview trailer. Normal trailer stuff in the beginning, mechanics explanations stuff in the middle. more normal trailer stuff in the end. No more than the usual trailer spoilers unlike that 14 minute video that went through all the areas and stuff. Not too short like other trailers for the game, not too long either.

Maybe add this (or a better version of it if you can find one) to the OP to remind people what this is until we get a video in English?

Well, Shiggy had been hinting at this for a while & I tend to trust his sources (he was bang on the money about Fatal Frame, even if it was subsequently pulled from Euro release at the last minute).

EDIT:

...and there we go - official Nintendo UK website trailer for the game :)

Banjoman

Disguises said:
eu-flag.jpg

EU-RO-PA! EU-RO-PA!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yay. That trailer is a Japanese one too, I remember seeing it. But it's better quality than the one I posted (although it mostly just shows areas rather than other stuff too) so maybe put that in the OP instead. Or both, I guess. This game is going to be so good, cannot wait.

BocoDragon said:
Other false things have been confirmed by weirdly remote branches of Nintendo, that's all I'm saying.

Could be happening... but I'm not in confirmed hype territory yet!

Not gonna call Scandinavia a remote weird branch, but hey. I got an email from the PR department saying what I posted, and I am not going to doubt the company which sends me games, hardware and press releases.

dermannmitdemcolt said:
Yeah, I remain very sceptical until there is a official source. The dual language seems fishy....

It's a god damn press release sent to me from Bergsala, the Scandinavian (Denmark, Sweden, Norway) distrubution and PR center for Nintendo.

Kyoufu said:
EDIT: WHERES THE SOURCE IN THE OP THIS BETTER NOT BE A FUCKING APRIL FOOLS

My email inbox. I posted everything from it. You want a screenshot as well?

Now, NoE - since you're on a roll, howsabout bringing us Fatal Frame Chronicles later in the year? A nice, bug-fixed double pack of FF4 and FF2R would be lovely... :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ZealousD said:
NOA really does suck, don't they.

Ugh, this game is already on their release list. I'm sure it will be announced for NA by E3. When was the last time a Nintendo game on this scale came to the EU and not America?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ushojax said:
Ugh, this game is already on their release list. I'm sure it will be announced for NA by E3. When was the last time a Nintendo game on this scale came to the EU and not America?

It might even be announced today considering it is only 1:45am at NoA headquarters.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ushojax said:

Disaster: Day of Crisis comes to mind.

They had even announced and shown the game at E3.

So, any ideas on what's going on at NoE over the past 5 or so years? It seems like they've developed a really strong relationship with NCL and are in some ways more "trusted" than NoA.

Yagharek

Feep said:
Everyone, watch this, and be amazed (locale spoilers):

Xenoblade Field Exploration

Oh wow. That is just phenomenally good looking. Easily the best looking Wii game I have seen, and artistically right up there with the best of them on any platform. Such a colourful, vibrant world.

This is one of the nicest gaming news surprises Ive read in a very long time.

Now for The Last Story too.

Ushojax

ZealousD said:
Disaster: Day of Crisis comes to mind.

They had even announced and shown the game at E3.

Unique situation due to the hurricanes in the US (almost certainly the reason it never came out), plus the game was minute in scale compared to Xenoblade.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why is NoE so awesome and NoA is not? :(

NoE gave us Last Window and now this.

BocoDragon

Cosmonaut X said:
So, any ideas on what's going on at NoE over the past 5 or so years? It seems like they've developed a really strong relationship with NCL and are in some ways more "trusted" than NoA.
But the same goes for Square Enix in Europe... they've gotten a much stronger focus over the same period. They used to skip mainline FF games that everyone else got... now they get the special editions for every SE game, and North America doesn't.

I think in general, Europe/PAL is seen as a very fresh, exploitable, frontier market in the gaming industry... while North America has settled into a predictable status quo for the type of releases we like, and people expect to sell.

BocoDragon said:
But the same goes for Square Enix in Europe... they've gotten a much stronger focus over the same period. They used to skip mainline FF games that everyone else got... now they get the special editions for every SE game, and North America doesn't.

I think in general, Europe/PAL is seen as a very fresh, exploitable, frontier market in the gaming industry... while North America has settled into a predictable status quo for the type of releases we like, and people expect to sell.

If I remember correctly, they also did the (shit hot) localisation job for The World Ends With You. Maybe Dragon Quest too, those games seem very 'British'. PAL is kinda awesome and yet still kinda weird. I think we're in a better place than the US, but we have some weird history to sweep under the rug.

Ushojax

Cosmonaut X said:

Not really. Both NoA and NoE have failed to release games that the other subsidiary has. ExciteBots, Glory of Heracles, Chibi Robo Park Patrol, Mario Super Sluggers, Starfy, Dragon Quest 6, they all came to the US and not the EU. Then you have Another Code R, Inazuma Eleven, Jam with the Band, Tingle, Last Window and Disaster that came only to the EU. Both subsidiaries are pretty scattershot when it comes to niche titles.

NoE has definitely improved in general though, the big games normally come out really close to the US/Japan, and their marketing materials have gotten much better as well. I still can't believe they skipped out on Trauma Team, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ushojax said:
Not really. Both NoA and NoE have failed to release games that the other subsidiary has. ExciteBots, Glory of Heracles, Chibi Robo Park Patrol, Mario Super Sluggers, Starfy, they all came to the US and not the EU. Then you have Another Code R, Jam with the Band, Tingle, Last Window and Disaster that came only to the EU. Both subsidiaries are pretty scattershot when it comes to niche titles.

NoE has definitely improved in general though, the big games normally come out really close to the US/Japan, and their marketing materials have gotten much better as well.

The only thing they really dropped the ball on was Brawl.

BocoDragon

I expect to see this from NoA at E3 too..

An aside: I remember a time when another Xeno game, Xenogears, was the game that was "never coming to the west" (for religious tones, etc), and it too was a game that people had written off as ever coming out. It was long after the predictable window of release that it was finally announced. Reminds me of this.

I would love a NOA release... but if not? Fuck it. Wii is hacked to hell. I'll buy the PAL version and make it work!

farnham

Banned
The Spoony Hou said:
I refuse to get excited. April fucking fools.

Edit: Oh my God.
i dont think nintendo would do that

not with an official PR release
grumpy said:
My credit card is ready. Last Story next, please.
yeah last story is a godly game

needs to get localized

pandoras tower too plz

Top Bottom