• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duderz

Banned
Already imported and put in 100+ hours into this GOTY.

Very unexpected news, I'm glad it's coming, but if anything for me, it bodes well for Nintendo focusing on the hardcore like they said for WiiU.

but i was gonna have the whole summer for it and zelda, if i wait I wait 'till school starts!

but if i import, if I sell my wii I won't be able to play it on Wii U.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You got MK7 to play during the holidays, let Xenoblade wait.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Whaaat, this is amazing!

Poor Amazon :(

When I was talking to the people who run GAME, they specifically mentioned that the title was a big surprise for them in how well it did. It was actually fairly notable even that high up the chain. That probably had something to do with this.

Nekobo

I imported this, but I may pick it the US version because the game is that good. Plus I want to hear the American dub. Nolan North Troy Baker Johnny Yong Bosch plz.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Now I just have find out who I know with April/May birthdays that I'd be willing to spend $50 on to grab a few more copies.

My Club Nintendo surveys on this game are just going to be hearts and loves and kisses.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh sure. Announce it when I'm 3/4ths done with the import version

Now I dont know what to do for Last Story...

Giolon

I guess I can't talk shit about Gamestop for a while...

Nintendo is really fucking stupid for passing this up. How many Walmart and Amazon sales are they missing out on?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Holy biscuits I forgot about this, all this Op Rainfall people who preordered this game on amazon will never get it shipped; and they're the reason this game is even coming here.

Hahaha.
You're trying way too hard.

The people who preordered it because of OpRainfall will have no issue swapping orders once it's confirmed just what "GameStop Exclusive" means.

B.K.

Plus I want to hear the American dub. Nolan North Troy Baker Johnny Yong Bosch plz.

There won't be an American dub. Nintendo will want to do the game as quickly and cheaply as they can. They'll just use the European dub. It's already done, so all they'll have to do is pay loyalties to the actors.

There's always one.. (or two, I guess).

Meanwhile there's always one or two hundred on GAF that see these announcements as anything more than a nail in the coffin, despite people buying multiple copies in some misguided attempt to "support" JRPGs. The financial success of JRPGs in the 90s and early 00s was due to more people being interested in them, not because everyone on GAF bought 5 copies.

If you didn't import it, great news I guess.

Dizzy-4U

April huh? Well, enough time for people to upgrade their pcs and play it on Dolphin. Awesome game, GOTY candidate for sure.

fernoca

Having the game in english from UK doesn't mean that the game "is localized" is that was the case, UK would get many games from the US the same day; which is why there's the old joke about "taking too much time to translate the game from english...to english" [on top of they adding other languages for PAL regions].

In this case, until the game's out we won't know if they just changed 1 word..or 500; or none. Voice-acting I expect would be left the same since the "british english" is not as pronounced as other cases.

There's also Final Fantasy XIII-2 been released in January, so I doubt that releasing earlier than April would do any other favors (and Nintendo has Rhythm Heaven for February).

In the end , I guess they went the GameStop exclusive route, because it might've worked in the past.Plus Gamestop is usually the first one to carry "niche" games; which is an easier sell than other stores.

Ricker

Damn this thread is moving fast....did anyone check Gamestop Canada yet?...I have a bad feeeling about this one...

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Nintendo is really fucking stupid for passing this up. How many Walmart and Amazon sales are they missing out on?
Wal*Mart? Realistically? Probably zero. And that's a high estimate.

I would definitely prefer Amazon myself, but I just want the game. If I had to eat a Jack in the Box taco to get it, I would.

Duderz

Banned
There won't be an American dub. Nintendo will want to do the game as quickly and cheaply as they can. They'll just use the European dub. It's already done, so all they'll have to do is pay loyalties to the actors.

Which is fine, because chances are the European dub will be better than anything NOA scrapes together. (see: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

The Hermit

I really hope it gets the sales it deserves... clocked 120 hours yesterday and I still a lot to do!

It's not a big deal, but it would be nice for NOA to at least fix the game's lip-syncing.

Good luck with that!
Also I barely noticed that and people said they lip sync with the Japanese audio, if it bothers you that much...

Yeah that's cool where is Mother 3 tho
b80efe23.gif

Foffy

Banned
So, what is it that makes this game so good? Also, does it use motion controls, or no?

In a nutshell? Many of the tropes people bemoan about with Japanese-developed RPGs are streamlined and moved forward in the game. The whole game is a spit in the face to those who assume RPGs from Japan are all stagnating.

Younicorn

Neo Member
If this is indeed true, kudos to GameStop for making this happen and pleasing a group of people who have been asking for this game for months.

I'm not the biggest fan of GameStop, but this is a rather great gesture if it is indeed happening and they're behind it.

Midou

I will say I am somewhat surprised by the reaction, I assumed a lot more people had imported. I have no real intention of buying it a 2nd time at least.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, what is it that makes this game so good? Also, does it use motion controls, or no?

You can play the whole thing with a CC if you so desire.

What is awesome:

1) It's huge.
2) it's got tons of side quests.
3) A great story with likable characters that don't grate on you.
4) It has a really awesome sense of place, no matter where you are.
5) It borrows elements from MMOs (like discovery EXP and enemy spawns tied to weather and time of day) that make it a far more fleshed out experience.

It's just a fucking baller game.

KingK

Alright, thanks guys. I usually really enjoy JRPGs but it's been a long time since I played a good one. Good to hear that you can play the game with the classic controller too. I'm probably going to get this when it comes out then.

Evlar

Banned

No motion controls, and it's so good because it's simultaneously a grand-scale jRPG in a generation that's seen precious few AND it's brimming with new ideas and a willingness to reject some of the creakiest of the jRPG conventions. It's like the last great PS2-era jRPG got lost in time.

Go_Ly_Dow

YES WE DID IT MY FELLOW OPERATION BROTHERS!

I've already put 90 hours and beaten the game, but this still fills me with joys for my brethren!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom