• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

Golnei

Maybe they just had Sharla die a lot during the final boss? There were probably a few times I didn't get to warn Sharla in time to activate a healing art
when a vision occurred on Zanza's second phase
. Of course, they probably shouldn't be using her at all by then...

The slowdowns were real in the second
Munkhar/Metal Face, with two metal faces as support. Glad he finally died, hopefully.
The framerate was atrocious, hope there is no more boss fight where the frame rate is so bad.

So, I am now in Galahad Fortress.
Did I pass the 50% mark ?

Rich!

Munkhar/Metal Face, with two metal faces as support. Glad he finally died, hopefully.
The framerate was atrocious, hope there is no more boss fight where the frame rate is so bad.

Actually, the framerate in the second from last battle
bionis heart interior
has a significantly better framerate than on the Wii original.

TheMoon

Is there something I missed, or did I fall for some inside joke of the Xenoblade fanbase?

Either you were high or someone trolled you massively. Nothing like that is supposed to happen anywhere in the game. It's also not an inside joke, at least not one that's popular or that I've ever heard of lol.

Xbro

So, I am now in Galahad Fortress.
Did I pass the 50% mark ?

Yes you are passed the 50% mark.

There's one area of the game that has regular fights with insane drops on the framerate.

Fusebox

Banned
So I bought this yesterday. Needed something to fill the hole left in my life after I finished Fire Emblem Awakening.

First thoughts were, 'Wow, this game is ugly and so are the main characters' and then I went through a solid stage of buyers remorse as I plodded through the first hour or so without having any fun but then something clicked around level 10 when I was finally able to beat the big caterpillar and now I'm finding myself strangely hooked by this game. I'll stick with it for a while longer that's for sure.

Game progress: I think I am between 2/3-3/4

The game got weak, level and world design wise. Also enemy variety is lacking hard.
I am now in A
gniratha

I think I only liked one area on
Mechonis
and that is the
Fallen Arm
I know, it supposed to look like that, but it's plain ugly. Everything looks the same and it is really boring to go through right now. Also those annoying 'this isn't working, we have to go to the other side and and push a button and then we can proceed to the next level, where we have to do the same thing over and over again'. Also, the levels are pretty confusing in
Agniratha

The Story is still really good and has a good pace right know, but everything else is kina meh.

I really hope this isn't the case until the end.

P.S. the performance is often atrocious.

Xbro

The game got weak, level and world design wise. Also enemy variety is lacking hard.
I am now in A
gniratha

Mechonis
and that is the
Fallen Arm
I know, it supposed to look like that, but it's plain ugly. Everything looks the same and it is really boring to go through right now. Also those annoying 'this isn't working, we have to go to the other side and and push a button and then we can proceed to the next level, where we have to do the same thing over and over again'. Also, the levels are pretty confusing in
Agniratha

The Story is still really good and has a good pace right know, but everything else is kina meh.

That area was apparently the hardest to port because the poly count was so high. You're almost done so just hang in there for a tad bit longer.

Garlador

I am now in A
gniratha

Mechonis
and that is the
Fallen Arm
Agniratha

That's the most meh part of the game. It picks up again after that.

Damn, G
adolt
is really hard, probably the hardest boss I encountered yet. Any tips ? I leveled a bit because at the first encounter I was only 64, now I am 67 like the boss.

Edit: he's fucking dead, based Sharla.

bobawesome

So I bought this yesterday. Needed something to fill the hole left in my life after I finished Fire Emblem Awakening.

First thoughts were, 'Wow, this game is ugly and so are the main characters' and then I went through a solid stage of buyers remorse as I plodded through the first hour or so without having any fun but then something clicked around level 10 when I was finally able to beat the big caterpillar and now I'm finding myself strangely hooked by this game. I'll stick with it for a while longer that's for sure.

It's certainly not a great looking game but after spending so much time with it and seeing most of what it has to offer, I think it looks satisfactory for the hardware.

Fusebox

Banned
It's certainly not a great looking game but after spending so much time with it and seeing most of what it has to offer, I think it looks satisfactory for the hardware.

Yeah I'm used to the graphics now, they're no longer an issue. I'm at the 10 hour mark now and I'm pretty hooked, this game is definitely a creeper. Sharla has a hot bod too. Glad I got the 3DS version coz I'm playing the hell out of this game everywhere I go.

Oh no.
Arrived at (very late game)
Bionis' interior
. Got to the boss, gaining 2-3 levels on the way. Because I fell off the platforms repeatedly it took me a couple of hours. This is definitely the most annoying part of the game. It just feels like it takes forever and I just want to progress the story to get to the finale at this point.
Then, during the boss fight my 3DS locked up, the game had to close, the system restarted. My last save was at the very beginning of the area.

I beat this game once on Wii, I guess I'm good. :/ :(

Is my level,
, right for the final boss or should I grind a bit more ? Also, if so, where is it appropriate for my level to grind ?

I had to reload my save because on my first encounter I was only

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is my level,
, right for the final boss or should I grind a bit more ? Also, if so, where is it appropriate for my level to grind ?

That's about right, I've always been around
on my playthroughs. You could always grind on
Prison Island
's monsters, some which even drop books you might not have yet.

Teuoxton

Is my level,

You can beat the final boss at
but it might be a struggle. There are
level 77s and such on the Bionis' Leg and Arm, a return to Alcamoth has some powerful Telethia you might be able to take down.

TheMoon

Is my level,

I *think* I beat him with that level, yea. Should be fine.

Xbro

Just prior to the Point of No Return there's a good Grinding spot. Just head back for a bit until you get to the
teleporter
. There are some enemies there that you can grind easily.

I beat the game right now. Pretty good last area and ending.

Clocked in at
h and at level

I really liked this game overall, it had some downs like 1 or 2 areas and bosses, but overall, probaly the best jrpg I played since P4G. I am really debating now, if I should buy a Wii U for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I wish this game was on PS3 or 360 to have better visuals and performance ( I never owned a Wii and my PC isn't good enough for emulation), the performance of this on the n3ds was disappointing and the visuals were lacking, but the scale was awesome of the game.

Overall, it's a 9/10 for me. I wish it would continue after the end to gather more knowledge about this
new world

If I understood the ending correctly, a new solar-system was created and they live on a new planet ?

alvis.exe

I wish this game was on PS3 or 360 to have better visuals and performance ( I never owned a Wii and my PC isn't good enough for emulation), the performance of this on the n3ds was disappointing and the visuals were lacking, but the scale was awesome of the game.

Overall, it's a 9/10 for me. I wish it would continue after the end to gather more knowledge about this
new world

If I understood the ending correctly, a new solar-system was created and they live on a new planet ?

Considering that it's a first party Nintendo game thanks to Monolith Soft being a Nintendo subsidiary, that'd be like wishing Super Mario Galaxy were on the PS3 or 360. And nobody ever says that, I think? You're better off hoping for an HD remake on the NX or just getting a Wii U for XCX ;)

Ending spoilers
More like rebooted the entire universe in order to create that planet, but yes.

CassSept

As said above, the ending reboots the entire universe. Basically, what is important to understand is that Bionis and Mechonis in the middle of a never-ending ocean is the entire universe of the game. Stars seen during are an illusion, ether projection on the sky, as remembered by Klaus. The experiment seen in the ending collapsed the entire universe and it was reborn as an endless ocean, complete with a new set of law of physics. The entire universe we see during Xenoblade was just an infinite ocean, the sky above and the two titans. At the end Shulk reboots the universe, returning it to the more familiar one we know.

Fusebox

Banned
I wish this game was on PS3 or 360 to have better visuals and performance

Even the Vita would be a big enough bump for me, sure wouldn't be missing anything with this 3D. Even with the 3D slider cranked it just feels like there's more space between the foreground text and the characters, it doesn't open up space between the characters and their background the way good 3DS games do.

I'm sure Xenoblade will come to PS4 the same day The Last of Us Remastered comes to Xbone. ;)
Can we not portbeg first party titles to other company's platforms? It's beyond silly.
I think it's just that a lot of people still don't know that Monolith Soft is a first party studio. I lost count of how many people thought Shulk was a guest fighter in Smash Bros.

Narroo

I'm sure Xenoblade will come to PS4 the same day The Last of Us Remastered comes to Xbone. ;)

I think it's just that a lot of people still don't know that Monolith Soft is a first party studio. I lost count of how many people thought Shulk was a guest fighter in Smash Bros.

No idea! Now Shulk makes a lot more sense being in Smash 4.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Xenoblade is so impressive because it was on the wii/3DS, at the time xenoblade was out, no other JRPG was even coming close and thats because of how expensive HD development was. Ontop of that people didnt know the wii could put out such a beast of a game, sure the characters were really low poly but then you look at everything else and your jaw drops to the floor.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Someone redesigned the UI of this game and made an album about it. It really shows how messy the current UI is. -_- Some samples:

sRYXuYO.png

Th1aYn0.png

THX1h6l.png

nubbe

the 2D labels and health bars make it pretty hard to connect them to the 3D NPC's
Those boxes are just on top of the screen while everything is deeper inside

Thats is pretty annoying...

NolbertoS

I'm really trying hard to get into this game on my 3DS but having a hard time, GAF :'(. I love the Xenosaga trilogy but can't get into this. I'm just trying to push myself to finish it so at least I can continue the story in Xenoblade Wii U

Dingens

I'm really trying hard to get into this game on my 3DS but having a hard time, GAF :'(. I love the Xenosaga trilogy but can't get into this. I'm just trying to push myself to finish it so at least I can continue the story in Xenoblade Wii U

continue the story? there is no relation between those 2 games except for the name...

btw: how far are you?

Got to the final boss on Wii but my Wii broke...up to
Central Factory
on 3DS and oh man these areas are dragging on soooooo much, imo. Also that
Xord-knockoff
UM is infuriating. Got it to *this* much health left and he just pulls something out of the bag (Shoulder bomb, i think) that somehow gets everyone. Seven's agi dodges most of the attacks but theres one or two that hit hard.

Ah well, I'm 62 at this point. That's higher than I was on Wii for sure but I'll come back before the lockout stuff when I'm levelled and have better gear for Melia, Riki and Seven.

Fusebox

Banned
the 2D labels and health bars make it pretty hard to connect them to the 3D NPC's
Those boxes are just on top of the screen while everything is deeper inside

Thats is pretty annoying...

Fuck yeah, it's a shoddy 3D job. Nothing worse than all the in-game text being right at the front of the 3D field and all the graphics being at the back.

Monster Hunter balances the depth between the text and the game graphics beautifully and when you crank the slider the distance between all the objects increases. When you crank the slider in Xeno the game graphics all just go further back.

I have a love/hate relationship with his game atm. The combat is too long in places and drags on, the characters all get vocal diarrhea during battle and the graphics are rough but the gameplay is solid and there's a real sense of cohesion to the world.

nikos

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer a save to a different cartridge? Doesn't look like it's saved on the micro SD card.

Fuck yeah, it's a shoddy 3D job. Nothing worse than all the in-game text being right at the front of the 3D field and all the graphics being at the back.

Monster Hunter balances the depth between the text and the game graphics beautifully and when you crank the slider the distance between all the objects increases. When you crank the slider in Xeno the game graphics all just go further back.

I have a love/hate relationship with his game atm. The combat is too long in places and drags on, the characters all get vocal diarrhea during battle and the graphics are rough but the gameplay is solid and there's a real sense of cohesion to the world.

Yeah but MH4 has a major issue though.

There's several instances with elements on a lower layer rendering in FRONT of elements that are on a higher layer. Really nice way to induce nausea quickly.

Fusebox

Banned
Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer a save to a different cartridge? Doesn't look like it's saved on the micro SD card.

Yes! It surprised the hell out of me. If Fantasy Life was too big to save on the cart I thought Xenoblade would be for sure as well but nope, it saves to cart. Swap away.

Yeah but MH4 has a major issue though.

There's several instances with elements on a lower layer rendering in FRONT of elements that are on a higher layer. Really nice way to induce nausea quickly.

Ewww, I've only played the demo a few times so haven't noticed that before.

Halabane

oh man I need to get back to this game and finish it. Too many things came out last few months and got me distracted. I so wish this had cross save to the wiiu. My eyes could use a break now and then.

nikos

Yes! It surprised the hell out of me. If Fantasy Life was too big to save on the cart I thought Xenoblade would be for sure as well but nope, it saves to cart. Swap away.

I want to change to a new cartridge, not new console. Would I be correct to assume that's not possible?

Fusebox

Banned
I want to change to a new cartridge, not new console. Would I be correct to assume that's not possible?

Ah kk sorry man I don't know nothin' about that.

I'm on an upcurve of enjoyment in this game atm, I'm doing Melias Tomb stuff and there's some good battles. I still have trouble balancing out my partys physical attack, ether attack and healing powers. Feels like I either don't have enough ether damage or enough healing at time.

Top Bottom