• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

Save some damns for what comes next. :)
Yeah I'm pretty sure the ride is just going to get more intense from here.

Also I've spent way too much time just wandering around doing side quests, I'm 105 hours and I think I'm 3/4 the way through the game. Thankfully I cleared up all the Alcamoth quests and did a few others before I did the Core.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the ride is just going to get more intense from here.

Also I've spent way too much time just wandering around doing side quests, I'm 105 hours and I think I'm 3/4 the way through the game. Thankfully I cleared up all the Alcamoth quests and did a few others before I did the Core.

If you've just finished the Core you're close to the end. Much closer than 3/4. If you haven't been unlocking more Skill Branches, you might want to try that. Be careful of spoilers though.

If you've just finished the Core you're close to the end. Much closer than 3/4. If you haven't been unlocking more Skill Branches, you might want to try that. Be careful of spoilers though.
Yeah I didn't even know about them until I got one from a quest, also got a art manual for one which would explain why I can't find some for people still on beginner level arts. I didn't want to at the start but I'm really tempted to go and do all the side quests.

With side quests though, my main issue with Xenoblade is it doesn't show you on the map where side quests are located so you can accept them. You only see them on the map if you are close to the quest giver, and given how the areas are huge its a pain. Add that to the fact that quest giver may only show up during certain times of the day or walk around and its a pain in the arse. I either need to go on a wiki to see which quests I've missed or spend ages walking around areas many times just to find them >.< Just wish they had of made this part of the game abit easier and respect my time more as just finding the quests feels really tedious.

On a happy note, my miiverse page seems to be filled up with way too many Riki pictures at the moment :D
MlWA77uUzQYR80IBeJ

MlWA77xUqMcBF-GdI2

MlWA773n9Z8DwFVzD6

Yeah I didn't even know about them until I got one from a quest, also got a art manual for one which would explain why I can't find some for people still on beginner level arts. I didn't want to at the start but I'm really tempted to go and do all the side quests.

With side quests though, my main issue with Xenoblade is it doesn't show you on the map where side quests are located so you can accept them. You only see them on the map if you are close to the quest giver, and given how the areas are huge its a pain. Add that to the fact that quest giver may only show up during certain times of the day or walk around and its a pain in the arse. I either need to go on a wiki to see which quests I've missed or spend ages walking around areas many times just to find them >.< Just wish they had of made this part of the game abit easier and respect my time more as just finding the quests feels really tedious.

I agree. My biggest complaint about the game. I love Xenoblade, but this stuff was painful.

Yes, it's really annoying nowaday, in such a vast world, that sidequest aren't marked on the map.

20h in and I am heading to the
Emperor to get permission for going on prison island
How far am I into the game percentage wise?

mr-paul

Yes, it's really annoying nowaday, in such a vast world, that sidequest aren't marked on the map.

20h in and I am heading to the
Emperor to get permission for going on prison island
How far am I into the game percentage wise?

25% maybe. You've got a long way to go!

Sorry for DP, but do those talent trees stack ? So I have one full, if I choose another to level, will I still have the talents of the talen tree already leveled ?

Etria

Nice, I have 25 days left, should be possible ^^

Sorry for DP, but do those talent trees stack ? So I have one full, if I choose another to level, will I still have the talents of the talen tree already leveled ?

Yup, completely doable in 25 days :)

The skills from the trees are mostly, if not all, passive (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so once you've completed one branch, change it to another. They should all come into effect for that character.

Yup, completely doable in 25 days :)

The skills from the trees are mostly, if not all, passive (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so once you've completed one branch, change it to another. They should all come into effect for that character.

Thanks, will change the branch now.

Inotti

I'm kinda dissappointed. I loved the Wii version and was looking forward playing 3DS version but after 30min of playing I just have to admit that the screen is far too small for me to be able to enjoy this. :/ Shame that I bought it digitally because now I can't even trade it for something else.
I wish they released this on Wii U instead.

Tom_Cody

I just got to the point where my party increased to five members from 3; could anyone offer me general advice as to if/how I should swap party members out? As of this moment it isn't specifically clear who I should have in my party so I just made an arbitrary decision. Will the specific uses for the different party members become more clear as I keep playing?

Separate question: Do I have any reason to revisit the earlier areas in the game? I'm about 20% in as far as I can tell.

TheMoon

I just got to the point where my party increased to five members from 3; could anyone offer me general advice as to if/how I should swap party members out? As of this moment it isn't specifically clear who I should have in my party so I just made an arbitrary decision. Will the specific uses for the different party members become more clear as I keep playing?

Separate question: Do I have any reason to revisit the earlier areas in the game? I'm about 20% in as far as I can tell.

Use anyone you like, but play around with everyone a bit. I covered this a bit in the OP.

Yes, you do very much have reason to go back to earlier areas. Haven't you noticed the high level enemies everywhere? :)

Dingens

I'm kinda dissappointed. I loved the Wii version and was looking forward playing 3DS version but after 30min of playing I just have to admit that the screen is far too small for me to be able to enjoy this. :/ Shame that I bought it digitally because now I can't even trade it for something else.
I wish they released this on Wii U instead.

that's what everyone said, but most people changed their mind as soon as they reached the leg - either they got used to it, or the first area just doesn't work particularly well with the 3ds screen.

I just got to the point where my party increased to five members from 3; could anyone offer me general advice as to if/how I should swap party members out? As of this moment it isn't specifically clear who I should have in my party so I just made an arbitrary decision. Will the specific uses for the different party members become more clear as I keep playing?[...]

general advice: don't rely too much on sharla... get used to controlling one or two ether users early on, it will help you later (either riki or melia - melia is harder to master but also way more powerful)
also reading the character tutorials is pretty helpful most of the time.

Tom_Cody

Use anyone you like, but play around with everyone a bit. I covered this a bit in the OP.

Yes, you do very much have reason to go back to earlier areas. Haven't you noticed the high level enemies everywhere? :)

general advice: don't rely too much on sharla... get used to controlling one or two ether users early on, it will help you later (either riki or melia - melia is harder to master but also way more powerful)
also reading the character tutorials is pretty helpful most of the time.
Thanks guys!

I had glanced at the OP prior to beginning my game but, at the time, it was too much too soon. It sounds now would be the perfect time to invest a few minutes into going through it.

I suppose I could also stand to try clicking around the in-game tutorials.

TheMoon

Thanks guys!

I had glanced at the OP prior to beginning my game but, at the time, it was too much too soon. It sounds now would be the perfect time to invest a few minutes into going through it.

I suppose I could also stand to try clicking around the in-game tutorials.

I suggest CTRL+F'ing for some key words that interest you. That way you don't need to read through all the stuff :)

hoserx

Trying to really make this game last as long as possible before I do the final mission.... I only play a couple hours a week at this point because I don't want it to end. Hoping I beat the game on top of a mountain in two weeks while I'm on the Appalachian Trail in Vermont. haha.

Xbro

It's good to go back to fight high level monsters and search for secret areas. Make sure you utilize quick travel

So I'm currently messing around in
side of the Bionis
, guys are around the level 78 mark, I've only just gotten in and I think I'm a bit over powered. I've managed to get Melia's Summon Bolt up to max level and I've crafted a gem thats increasing Electric attacks by 99%. Dear Lord is Melia just wrecking everything now ^_^. At first I was have issues with taking down the beasties here, but now thanks to her they are gone pretty much by the time I've let my third elemental discharge off if not before I can summon more. Currently running around with her as my party leader, and then Riki and Dunban in tow. They keep everything else distracted and I just sit back and magic the heck out of everything, its amazing.

vareon

So I'm currently messing around in
side of the Bionis
, guys are around the level 78 mark, I've only just gotten in and I think I'm a bit over powered. I've managed to get Melia's Summon Bolt up to max level and I've crafted a gem thats increasing Electric attacks by 99%. Dear Lord is Melia just wrecking everything now ^_^. At first I was have issues with taking down the beasties here, but now thanks to her they are gone pretty much by the time I've let my third elemental discharge off if not before I can summon more. Currently running around with her as my party leader, and then Riki and Dunban in tow. They keep everything else distracted and I just sit back and magic the heck out of everything, its amazing.

You probably are, for the main story. The game has more powerful enemies outside of it though.

You probably are, for the main story. The game has more powerful enemies outside of it though.
Yeah I've seen lots of things floating around higher than me, would like to start working on those Monado quests but most of the monsters seem to be way out of my league. What attempts I've made to see what I can do have resulted in running the hell away.

Dingens

Yeah I've seen lots of things floating around higher than me, would like to start working on those Monado quests but most of the monsters seem to be way out of my league. What attempts I've made to see what I can do have resulted in running the hell away.

I'd just finish the game as intended around level
, just make sure to save before crossing the point of no return so you can return after beating the final boss to get into the endgame stuff (like the monado quests)
because if your level is to high, the final boss won't be much fun...

I'd just finish the game as intended around level
, just make sure to save before crossing the point of no return so you can return after beating the final boss to get into the endgame stuff (like the monado quests)
because if your level is to high, the final boss won't be much fun...
Well I'm currently in
Prison Island again just got past the Arena
, how far from the point of no return am I. Currently sitting at level 81 but kinda want to head back to Satorl Marsh and clear some side quests there.

Dingens

Well I'm currently in
Prison Island again just got past the Arena
, how far from the point of no return am I. Currently sitting at level 81 but kinda want to head back to Satorl Marsh and clear some side quests there.

You'll know when you get there... Dunban stops you and says something like "if we do this, we won't come back".

I guess you should do whatever feels right! I'd prefer a final boss with at least some challenge... but at around level
you're past that anyway

Overside

Banned
I got to be close to the end of the game. I definitely expected the
Dixon heel turn. He always seemed to know more than he should have.

Youre supposed to expect it, they purposefully feed it to , so you can grow resentful, and fill with hatred.... and regret, for being unable
to grow such a spectacular mustache yourself, and not being able to look that good in crevice hugging white pants.

I have a story related question. I don't know if I forgot what was told in the beginning or I they didn't tell. I am right know in seach for
Fiora in the ice level

- So, Mechonis and Bionis fought, and Bionis won ?
- If so, is Mechonis completely destroyed or does it just lay on the ground and is basically another 'planet'?
- What was the war where Dunban got wounded ?

This was all in the beginning I think and I completely forgot how it went.

And metal face is probably the guy who ran away. I don't want an answer to that ^^

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have a story related question. I don't know if I forgot what was told in the beginning or I they didn't tell. I am right know in seach for
Fiora in the ice level

- If so, is Mechonis completely destroyed or does it just lay on the ground and is basically another 'planet'?

And metal face is probably the guy who ran away. I don't want an answer to that ^^

1. I'll spoiler this point, but I don't think it spoils much if anything.
Basically it was a draw. Both had depleted each others life forces so significantly that neither side really won, or lose.

2. Mechonis is still standing. It's the gigantic ominous looking thing with red 'eyes' you sometimes see in the sky. You can clearly see it on places like the leg and makna.

3. Dunban was wounded in the war a year prior to the beginning of this story. He lost the use of his arm through using the mondo, more so than any injury he sustained from mechon.

They're just standing.
Honestly, keep playing and they'll explain a lot more once you reach the upcoming areas. Most of your questions will be answered in much greater detail in the next 10-20 hours or so.

Alright, thanks. This is a pretty unique setting and it is fascinating.

Xbro

Fiora in the ice level

It was a stalemate.

And Dunban lost the use of his right arm in the prologue from using the monado too much. Won't say anything else because others already answered.

I feel like i'm playing this the wrong way. So I'm currently in
Sword Valley ready to fight Mumkhar
. The thing is
he
totally destroys me at level 51 (Shulk/Sharla/Dunban). And it's been like this for the last few hours of the game. I get to a boss, I get destroyed, I grind, I beat him easily, I proceed the story, get to a boss, get destroyed...

To be clear, I'm playing the Wii version, but I suppose they're exactly the same.

Help me?

TheMoon

. The thing is
he
totally destroys me at level 51 (Shulk/Sharla/Dunban). And it's been like this for the last few hours of the game. I get to a boss, I get destroyed, I grind, I beat him easily, I proceed the story, get to a boss, get destroyed...

Help me?

First thing everyone will tell you: get rid of Sharla.

Thing is, we don't know what you're doing wrong because you're not telling us how you play aside from your party composition. Switch up the party, look at the arts you have, try other ones, make sure to use all the systems available to you, re-read the tutorials in the game about combat, etc. Are you using chain attacks? Are you making use of the Monado Arts? Do you understand how the status effects work? (break, topple, daze, etc)

First thing everyone will tell you: get rid of Sharla.

Thing is, we don't know what you're doing wrong because you're not telling us how you play aside from your party composition. Switch up the party, look at the arts you have, try other ones, make sure to use all the systems available to you, re-read the tutorials in the game about combat, etc. Are you using chain attacks? Are you making use of the Monado Arts? Do you understand how the status effects work? (break, topple, daze, etc)

Sorry, i'll specify some stuff. I rarely use chain attacks, I do use monado arts and use status effects regularly, specially the break topple daze combo.

My main issues are probably the skill links and gems since I've rarely used those.

So if I get rid of Sharla, who takes care of the healing?

TheMoon

Sorry, i'll specify some stuff. I rarely use chain attacks, I do use monado arts and use status effects regularly, specially the break topple daze combo.

My main issues are probably the skill links and gems since I've rarely used those.

So if I get rid of Sharla, who takes care of the healing?

Shulk has a healing art, I think Riki does, too. You don't need Sharla for healing. Biggest misassumption you can make.

Shulk has a healing art, I think Riki does, too. You don't need Sharla for healing. Biggest misassumption you can make.

I am also playing with her. Shulk has only one healing skill. But I think I am going to swap her out for Riki. Also Reyn really struggles to be the tank and have the aggro.

Indurian

Neo Member
. The thing is
he

To be clear, I'm playing the Wii version, but I suppose they're exactly the same.

Help me?
Have you tried any gem crafting? You can get some really good stat gains by making the best gems available to you.

hoserx

Just beat the game half an hour ago........it was just an amazing experience. My favorite RPG by far, perhaps my favorite game overall. Loved seeing Iwata in the credits.

Teuoxton

Just beat the game half an hour ago........it was just an amazing experience. My favorite RPG by far, perhaps my favorite game overall. Loved seeing Iwata in the credits.
Congrats! Now you can
start NG+ with Monado III and go after the superbosses
!

hoserx

Congrats! Now you can
start NG+ with Monado III and go after the superbosses
!

I totally hit the wrong menu option after the credits and now I am back to my save right before I walk into the final fights......... haha. So I'll have to beat it again and then get to that for sure!!

So uh, beat the game as well, nice ending, but something's bothering me -

I've heard multiple posts on here and Miiverse that spoiled that
Sharla
dies/RIP
Sharla
but that never happened, and in fact I saw another post chastising Shulk's character for being stupid and not warning that he saw in a vision that "
Zanza
was going to murder the shit out of
Sharla
" and why Shulk didn't warn
her

Uh, in fact, not once do I remember an instance of Shulk getting a vision of
Zanza killing someone
followed up by them getting
killed because Shulk didn't warn them.

Is there something I missed, or did I fall for some inside joke of the Xenoblade fanbase?

Sharla
dies/RIP
Sharla
but that never happened, and in fact I saw another post chastising Shulk's character for being stupid and not warning that he saw in a vision that "
Zanza
Sharla
her

Zanza killing someone

Is there something I missed, or did I fall for some inside joke of the Xenoblade fanbase?

I beat the game recently but I don't recall anything like this.

Sharla
dies/RIP
Sharla
Zanza
Sharla
her

Zanza killing someone

Sounds like some bizarre trolling.

Top Bottom