• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

atlusprime

Atlus PR
make sure you're stocked on staminan drinks
Check if health is full
Get drunk
Save
Proceed

I went into one end chapter without any staminan drinks and it was a rush, completing it with no health items.

Don't forget to make a quick stop to Gandhara! Watch a video and get that heat gauge fully charged :3

This'll teach you Mahjong in no time-
yq8kidL.jpg

^Akagi

Ehhhh it doesn't teach you how to score a hand, determine the dealer or go into detail about the rules of calling discarded tiles. I guess you'll learn what mangan/haneman/baiman/yakuman mean :D

I got to chapter 2, I'm enjoying it a lot. It feels nice to play a Yakuza game where everyone isn't going "OH SHIT ITS KIRYU" every time he is on screen. I'm digging the combat, the music and just the 80s.
Pagers are before my time so I'm lost

Also I saw mentions of free DLC but I can't see anything on the EU PSN store.

DarkStream

Hoooooly ****

As stated before, this is my first Yakuza.
Only reached Chapter 2 right now. So far, this game is awesome!
Love the setting too! First boss gave me some trouble but the combat system is a lot of fun!

Story Spoiler end of Chapter 1
Shieeeet, when Kuze has to cut off his finger!

At work all day and the girlfriend is probably going to be streaming Yakuza 0 when I get home. :( Might have to just beat Yakuza 5 tonight finally so I'm ready to hop into this one. So excited!

My copy arrived today. As well as the new Kingdom Hearts game, and yesterday I got Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian. So many games, I don't know where to start.

Probably with Yakuza though ;)

Rymuth

Isn't it still a thing? I hear there are underwear/bloomer vending machines in Japan.
Don't forget to make a quick stop to Gandhara! Watch a video and get that heat gauge fully charged :3
*looks at tag*
:3
Ehhhh it doesn't teach you how to score a hand, determine the dealer or go into detail about the rules of calling discarded tiles. I guess you'll learn what mangan/haneman/baiman/yakuman mean :D
Seeing how the games do most of the calculation, that's more than enough, really. And determining who's the dealer is superfluous in videogames.

SephLuis

Thanks, should I worry about missing substories whilst I don't have that item or are they not so missable/hard to find in this game?

No missable substories. You can do them later if you didn't found them before.
Just remember that some substories open in the later chapters, but once it's open you can do whenever you want.

I got to chapter 2, I'm enjoying it a lot. It feels nice to play a Yakuza game where everyone isn't going "OH SHIT ITS KIRYU" every time he is on screen. I'm digging the combat, the music and just the 80s.
Pagers are before my time so I'm lost

Also I saw mentions of free DLC but I can't see anything on the EU PSN store.

People are going to be in shock when they see 80s cellphones

Just started any way to dodge instead of block?

Press X and a direction on the analog to dodge.
Some styles are better for dodging than others. Rush style the defense button (L1) is a doge and Beast doesn't really have one expect for a ground roll a la MGS.

Is it possible to completely max out all
hostesses in the cabaret clubs, and make them all platinum? I really want to change their outfits and hair more befitting their actual job.

Menitta

Oh man the first cutscene with Nishiki gave me that real Yakuza style vibe. I love it. Nishiki is cool.

I can't wait for Kiwami...

DarkStream

So. is there anyway so see where to pick up side missions?
I'm in chapter 2, haven't seen any yet. Do it need to visit restaurants and so on?

Has anyone tried remote play? If so what are your thoughts/impressions?

Also i put in about 7 hours last night one wow it this a huge step up from 5 well at least to me.

Chase17

Finished up chapter 1. Guess I shouldn't have gone with hard, took me several times to get through that last section and I'd guess it gets tougher here out. I'll keep with it for now though.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Finished up chapter 1. Guess I shouldn't have gone with hard, took me several times to get through that last section and I'd guess it gets tougher here out. I'll keep with it for now though.

Haha yeah me too.

Can I also ask a stupid question, whats the CP you get for doing random events?

Like I talked to 5 strangers and got 1 CP?

Forgive my thickness for veterans of the series!

aravuus

Haha yeah me too.

You get CP for completing the stuff from the Completion List.

Go check out a shrine, you can spend your CP to get some unlocks and upgrades there.

Haha yeah me too.

I would recommend upgrading the combat tree so you can get money magnet. It gives you more yen from fights so you can level up your styles faster or just have more money.

This game is so good. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of voice acting and a PS4 Pro patch, both of which are understandable. But I think the Pro patch would help drive sales even further tbh.

It's the kind of game that makes me want to call out of work right now, but I'm stronger than that.

JJShadow

So. is there anyway so see where to pick up side missions?
I'm in chapter 2, haven't seen any yet. Do it need to visit restaurants and so on?

Not in game, but here's a guide about sidestories location:

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/substories.html

They eventually show up as you walk around Kamurocho, and some of them are trigered once you play a certain minigame or buy stuff in certain stores

Haha yeah me too.

If you go to the shrine, you can exchange those CP for certain upgrades like dashing for longer, getting more money from enemies, etc.

calder

Finally home and able to start my first Yakuza. I bought it from Amazon and it's been a while since I bought a physical game, but it came with a yakuza themed business card holder so I'm already pumped as fuck.

Menitta

Awesome thank you. I would check myself but my gf is using my ps4.

It runs at a lower framerate, but nothing too egregious. I did a karaoke song and a fight. Both were fine. Remote play is overall pretty good IMO. Though I'm probably not the best one to judge because I don't use it too often.

i have a really random question:

whenever you save, how come it always saves twice? first save meter completes, then it says saved. (press circle to confirm) then it saves again and press circle to confirm. i would think they would get rid of that for ps4.

Actually it'll get easier the more you play. Just level up your core stats and unlock more moves. You'll become a monster by the end of the game and be way more powerful!

This game is so good. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of voice acting and a PS4 Pro patch, both of which are understandable. But I think the Pro patch would help drive sales even further tbh.

It's the kind of game that makes me want to call out of work right now, but I'm stronger than that.

Full voice acting (for side stories) are one of the things added for Yakuza 6. It makes a heck of a difference to me, makes me feel more emotionally invested in the side stories (which I really loved in 6). Now they just need to improve the animations for those conversations, as the characters just stand there rather stiffly as they deliver their lines.

SephLuis

Damn, that's a real shame. Can you max out their abilities?

Yes. Though their max levels depend which rank they are. Bronze max out much earlier for example.

These vending machines are VERY illegal. They have been for years now. Theres still some around but they are usally hidden inside sex shops.

Really ? I thought those machines were bizarre but never crossed my mind they were illegal.

The one I saw was a capsule machine that sold underwear.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Has anyone tried remote play? If so what are your thoughts/impressions?

Also i put in about 7 hours last night one wow it this a huge step up from 5 well at least to me.

Remote play works pretty well. Combat is fine, the arcade games can be touchy though. I mostly used it for running Club Sunshine. XD

QaaQer

I just finished yakuza 3 before looking to get 0. That ending is enough to put me off the series permenantly.
I fucking hate the 'OMG he is dead.....not! Garbage. Imagine if they did that in Red Dead. Moreover they did it more than once, eg the blonde guy.
. Talk about manipulative cowardly bullshit.

It is kind of a bummer because it was well written enough that I bought into the story and the characters, which is why I guess it bothered me.

How long are the cutscenes in this? I'm tempted to pick it up as I've never played a Yakuza game before. Only thing putting me off is the supposed length of cutscenes.

SephLuis

I just finished yakuza 3 before looking to get 0. That ending is enough to put me off the series permenantly.
I fucking hate the 'OMG he is dead.....not! Garbage. Imagine if they did that in Red Dead. Moreover they did it more than once, eg the blonde guy.
. Talk about manipulative cowardly bullshit.

It is kind of a bummer because it was well written enough that I bought into the story and the characters, which is why I guess it bothered me.

We did warned everyone that Y3 was the weakest in terms of story.

danowat

Banned
i have a really random question:

whenever you save, how come it always saves twice? first save meter completes, then it says saved. (press circle to confirm) then it saves again and press circle to confirm. i would think they would get rid of that for ps4.
one save for settings, one for game.

yes, it's odd.

Stiler

Holy shit, well one thing that royally pissed me off with this game today, it doesn't auto save!!!!

Seriously, why on earth would a modern game not auto save?

I turned on my ps4 today to get back to playing just to find out that I lost over two and a half hours of playtime and have to do it alllll over again because the game doesn't even save your game unless you manually go to a public phone booth and save it.

IMO this is a terrible design choice, I mean at least tell the players when the game starts this or something, many people probably gonna get up today and go to play only to find this out after losing hours of play time.

Top Bottom