• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 Review Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Kinda surreal. Trump is President now and people are interested in Yakuza series. Begging people to play this series was like pulling teeth back in the day, lawl

We have all broadened our gaming horizons?

Kinda surreal. Trump is President now and people are interested in Yakuza series. Begging people to play this series was like pulling teeth back in the day, lawl

tbh Yakuza 3 was ass and I have no idea why that zambie one came over here

LiK

tbh Yakuza 3 was ass and I have no idea why that zambie one came over here

Nah, it was just a bad starting point for the series. It was a nice continuation after Y1 and Y2. I actually liked the orphange stuff and I enjoyed exploring Okinawa.

The worst thing was how they butchered the Western release by cutting out content. Phew, that was bad.

woah! you're breaking the orphanage kid's hearts.

meh they're not even real children

Nah, it was just a bad starting point for the series. It was a nice continuation after Y1 and Y2. I actually liked the orphange stuff and I enjoyed exploring Okinawa.

The worst thing was how they butchered the Western release by cutting out content. Phew, that was bad.

Isn't there stuff in 0 they really should cut, I heard some nonsense is afoot

thatJohann

Yayyy I <3 NY

GLypR7m.jpg

LiK

meh they're not even real children

Isn't there stuff in 0 they really should cut, I heard some nonsense is afoot

I don't believe I heard any significant stuff was cut. But I've been avoiding spoilers so I haven't looked into it. I'm sure if there were, people will start posting the changes soon. They didn't really cut out anything from Y4 or Y5 so I think they learned their lesson.

I don't believe I heard any significant stuff was cut. But I've been avoiding spoilers so I haven't looked into it. I'm sure if there were, people will start posting the changes soon. They didn't really cut out anything from Y4 or Y5 so I think they learned their lesson.

The only thing they seem to have cut from Y0 is some of the licensed music and they actually seem to have replaced it with new stuff (according to the yakuzafan review). None of the actual game content was cut.

Kildrek

I got my hands on a copy and it is glorious.

Obviously I may be a little biased because I love these games, but if you like yakuza, you'll still like this.

LiK

The only thing they seem to have cut from Y0 is some of the licensed music and they actually seem to have replaced it with new stuff (according to the yakuzafan review). None of the actual game content was cut.

Yea, that makes sense. I think some of the licensed music is the stuff that might not make it over. Thanks for confirming.

thatJohann

damn that was quick! congrats on coming aboard the Yakuza train =)
hype!

Thanks! Funny enough there was a huge line on the shop I went to and everyone was there for Resident Evil 7. So I was about to change my mind but then I read some Yakuza reviews and jumped back on the hype train. I'll buy RE7 after I'm done with yakuza :)

Kildrek

Thanks! Funny enough there was a huge line on the shop I went to and everyone was there for Resident Evil 7. So I was about to change my mind but then I read some Yakuza reviews and jumped back on the hype train. I'll buy RE7 after I'm done with yakuza :)

That card holder is actually nice!

Menitta

Yea, that makes sense. I think some of the licensed music is the stuff that might not make it over. Thanks for confirming.

They took out the theme for Yakuza 5 too. Though I prefer what we got over the original lol.

Losing Bubble is tragic though. That song is fucking great.

LiK

They took out the theme for Yakuza 5 too. Though I prefer what we got over the original lol.

Good news, I always import the originals for my collection. Who knows if I'll ever replay them there but I want the originals, lol

LOLCats

Banned
I mean, I guess. It'd just be weird having a copy in the shrink-wrap for 6+ months in a drawer.

I'm trying to think which friends have a PS4 I can reliably scab off for a week or two...

ya you'll regret it when you finally open it and MSRP is 30$ or less at that point.

D-Man

I've been listening to Bubble a lot for the last few weeks and it's just so damn good. Losing that song doesn't impact the game's quality, but it's still a pretty big L in my book.

Menitta

I've been listening to Bubble a lot for the last few weeks and it's just so damn good. Losing that song doesn't impact the game's quality, but it's still a pretty big L in my book.

Thankfully the rest of the soundtrack is still really good. There are multiple tracks in this game that if they were in a Sonic game, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Trouble Shooting Star specifically. I might just buy the soundtrack if it's available.

I don't think I'll get my copy before next weekend. It's pissing me off about the late release in my corner of the world.

boo! man... i know the feeling.... i remember downloading 5 and it taking forever while people were almost at the end... so i didn't even bother to post in the OT much.

Lifeline

Lot of non hardcore gamers i know are talking about this game. I have a friend who just plays GTAV, CoD, and FIFA who was looking into getting this. It's weird how the marketing for this game is reaching a lot of people. I think it was that chicken video on twitter that convinced him, plus finding out it's open world.

Sigh this only reminds me i still need to get around to opening my copy of 4 and finally play it...before i can tackle 5 and then finally this one!

Top Bottom