• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1&2 HD Wii U fails to enter top 50 for first week in Japan

RobbieNick

I wouldn't call Pikmin a bomb when it's been doublings sales of the WiiU console in Japan. Unfortunately, all that means is that they go from 10,000 units sold to 20,00 for one week.

Pikmin isn't a bomb. Wii U is.

Lumyst

So Iwata wants to put mature games on the WiiU. He wanted to see if a third party mature game would be accepted. The experiment shows that third parties can't do it. People have said that only Nintendo games will sell on Nintendo consoles, and that the WiiU will be a Nintendo box only. Meaning Nintendo themselves will have to make those games instead.

So maybe the results of this experiment will be more first-party mature games
They're going to ramp up production of Wii Party games instead

AniHawk

I suppose this negates the idea that Tales sells better on Nintendo platforms by virtue of them being Nintendo platforms. I would imagine that Symphonia 2 did pretty well the Wii (on par with Vesperia) because it was a sequel to the best selling game in the series by close to a factor of 5 (in North America).

maybe. tales of the abyss was also a port of a 5-6 year old game and did about average for the series. actually, the 3ds version might have outsold the ps2 one by now. it's been a while since i checked.

i think the one thing that's for sure, is that the games have a really loyal fanbase that follow them anywhere. symphonia probably got a big boost because nintendo fans love their exclusive games.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
maybe. tales of the abyss was also a port of a 5-6 year old game and did about average for the series. actually, the 3ds version might have outsold the ps2 one by now. it's been a while since i checked.

i think the one thing that's for sure, is that the games have a really loyal fanbase that follow them anywhere. symphonia probably got a big boost because nintendo fans love their exclusive games.
They followed them to the 3DS because everyone already owns a 3DS in Japan.

Top Bottom