• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 screens

Cheska

Holy crap! Character models look fantastic! I wish they would give Akiyama a new outfit already though, especially since he's easily the best character in the series :D

Cheska

Should really get on Yakuza 3 & 4, even more since they are in backlog collection as I speak.

Especially 4, my personal favorite in the series. Each game also has the option to watch the story of the previous games if you just wanted to start with the latest entry.

Emitan

Especially 4, my personal favorite in the series. Each game also has the option to watch the story of the previous games if you just wanted to start with the latest entry.

The videos are so cool. I'm playing Yakuza 4 for the first time and the videos really have my interested in the previous games.

Amagon

Hey now, don't go comparing RGG to that Shenmue mess.

xwzkt.gif

Mooreberg

Played 1 - 4, will definitely play this. These games pretty much have my favorite contiguous storyline in all of gaming. Having that many cities will be great, I just hope they parcel out the side missions evenly between them.

Sophia

Played 1 - 4, will definitely play this. These games pretty much have my favorite contiguous storyline in all of gaming. Having that many cities will be great, I just hope they parcel out the side missions evenly between them.

They should be evenly distributed. They did a fairly good job of distributing them in Yakuza 4 among four characters.

I like how this looks. Couldn't really tell this was a new engine, though. I also wonder if Akiyama will ever age and/or buy a new suit in the series.

Holy shit this game looks great. How long does it usually take for these games to be localized?

We used to be one year behind, but now that Yak5 takes a bit longer to come out we could, at least technically, be only a couple of months behind Japan.
But with Sega's financial trouble it's hard to tell what will happen to the series in the west. Let's just hope we get it at all.

Ravage

Man the new cities are looking real nice, i can already picture myself stopping every few steps to take in all the details :3

Suairyu

Banned
I hate PS3 Yakuza screenshots. All of their art seems geared towards these low-resolution promotional screenshots.

When you actually see the thing in full 720p, you can see all the texture work on the character faces are actually quite low resolution and blotchy.

spats

I hate PS3 Yakuza screenshots. All of their art seems geared towards these low-resolution promotional screenshots.

When you actually see the thing in full 720p, you can see all the texture work on the character faces are actually quite low resolution and blotchy.

What? They look great ingame. They're really well animated too.

Mark my words, this game's gameplay reveal trailer will make you shit bricks.

I remember when Yakuza 3 had that big trailer, which showed off heat moves, locales, mini games and more stuff all at once. It was like overwhelming you with awesome.

Given how this is an overhauled Yakuza game, it's going to get the major trailer treatment; we're talking MGS 2-levels here.

It depends. Proper cut-scenes actually have all these details, great animation and post processing that make it look really nice. As far as normal ingame stuff goes...yeah, that's mostly high-res PS2 stuff.

kiryogi

Banned

Well the debate now is if the new engine actually resembles something closer to these shots or if its of any improvement over the kenzan engine.

Ragnarok

Never played any of the Yakuza games but they seem pretty interesting. I'm tempted to give them a go. Should you just roll through them 1-4?

Gintamen

At least Haruka is still wearing Kazuma's old color schema. :/ Yeah I don't like his new outfit, to new age cool for me.

say that to my face!
rggshot.jpg

(yeah its blurry, i prefer the term soft, but shutup! :D)

Fjordson

Was going to ask this but didn't want to derail the thread...think I might pick up Yakuza 3 and 4 if that's the case, have always wanted to get into this series.

Go_Ly_Dow

wow wow wow!

Screens are stunning.

If people in this thread do say they're going to buy Y3 and Y4 then please purchase them new to support the localization.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Would be nice if like Binary Domain they've translated this as theyve gone. Missing out on what looks like such a vast and sprawling awesome Yakuza game because Sega cannot market for shit is unacceptable.

Spwn

This reminded me that I still haven't played through Y4. I got stuck in the beginning of the second chapter. Played over 10 hours of the first chapter, though, and loved it. Will definitely buy this one as well.

Fjordson

wow wow wow!

Screens are stunning.

If people in this thread do say they're going to buy Y3 and Y4 then please purchase them new to support the localization.
Absolutely. Can get 'em both for $40 on Amazon right now. I think I might take the plunge, my friend is hyping the story of the series right now and it sounds bad ass.

These screens look really nice, but I hope that the game will run in 720p unlike the previous games. It's one thing to have good models, but if the game runs in sub HD, it will be a blurry mess.

Tizoc

Haruka looks friggin' cute...pretty much Idol material XP

Kiryu looks...so old...he almost looks like Date XD
...but I like this look, I seriously hope nothing bad's happened to the orphanage @3@

He looks like a completely different person with short hair...I liked him better with long hair.

Please tell me Sky Finance is moving to a new location.

I wouldn't say he has the most original backstory, but I feel like the game'll make it interesting.

MY BODY IS READY! GIMME A TRAILER ALREADY!

Osaka look's great, can't wait to play it!!

Last summer I was in japan,can't resist to take some photos in Kamurocho!! (kabukicho).

snU5t.jpg

vtxw2.jpg

Koshiro

Sega might as well just take my wallet at this point, game looks awesome.

Shame there's no Tanimura though. At least give us a cameo Sega! He has good reason to be there.

Top Bottom