• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 screens

NOGOSHI you TAN BASTARD....wheres my Yakuza VITA>>>>???????

I will still end up buying Yakuza 5 but damn it you better make a Yakuza Wars strategy game on Vita or somethin!

Dwayne

Detective Kiryu Date!

Kmjv6.jpg

b9bi5l.jpg

Kazzy

Bit of a silly question but is Date
Kiryu's bilogical father?

No, where did that come from?

Why wouldn't she be able to? Considering the type of people she grew up around, I would not be surprised at all if she was well trained in self defense.

It's not that Haruka wouldn't be able to fight, it's just that she shouldn't. I think it would make her character much less interesting overall, she has so far managed to become involved with that (unless you count all those kidnappings).

It would be a complete derailment of her characterization so far, Kiryu has worked to keep her safe all this time after all.

Sophia

Bit of a silly question but is Date
Kiryu's bilogical father?

No, and spoilers for Yakuza 1 (if you count them as spoilers):
He's the detective that worked on the Kiryu case, and was the only one who thought Kiryu might be covering for someone

Koralsky

Ok, i'm going to buy Dead Soul just to support the western release of Y5. Y4 is one of my favorite games this generations and Y3 is a great game too.

gogogow

Looks good like always, but graphically, rendering, colours are the same as previous games. Maybe the game will run in 720p this time?

Haruka and Saejima looks totally different. Haruka always looks different when she's growing up, Yakuza 1 > 3 > 5, so no real surprise there. Saejima is kinda weird to change him so much, while Kiryu is pretty much the same, maybe a little bit older, baggy eyes etc. and Akiyama is 100% the same.

Tizoc

...about that!

I think everyone waits in anticipation. I comfort myself with the fact that Yakuza 3 made it over (still counts!), albeit in it's edited form.

Nothing of value was lost in this 'edited form' of Yakuza 3; the english release was excellent and I had a blast playing it. I don't feel like I missed out on anything from that lame ass hostess club.

I'm glad Haruka looks like a normal young woman and not the normal Japanese design of massive tits etc.

I suppose the hostess clubs are enough for those perverts they don't need to!

Looks very nice.

Coxy

Nothing of value was lost in this 'edited form' of Yakuza 3; the english release was excellent and I had a blast playing it. I don't feel like I missed out on anything from that lame ass hostess club.

lots was missed out, I didnt miss the hostess club myself either, but a bunch of substories, including some important plot ones with Haruka? fuck that

Tizoc

You missed out something important. Like, not even knowing who Date is.

Uh I know who Date is, and have played the substory where he attempts to attract the Bar Owner of new Serena.

lots was missed out, I didnt miss the hostess club myself either, but a bunch of substories, including some important plot ones with Haruka? fuck that

...which ascertains my post about nothing of value being lost.
I mean for frag's sake; Haruka's Mood/Trust level RESETS to 0 in Yakuza 4.

Himself

I doubt it will happen, but the worst thing they can do to Yakuza is go all Rockstar serious with it to try to appeal to a broader Western audience. There better be some trademark wackiness going on!

Jubern

Wait, what. I didn't knew about that. Is there anywhere I can read about the omitted plot points?

Kazzy

I know, 3 is great, and now that 4 has been released, the cuts to that seem insignificant by default.

Top Bottom