• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than once thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as far southeast as I can get, would the explosion reach Florida? I'm kinda ignorant about this topic so I don't know.

Volcanic winters are suspected to cause widespread crop failures and extreme weather globally. You'd starve or freeze to death if you survived the initial explosion from a supervolcano eruption.

Toxi

Banned
I'm as far southeast as I can get, would the explosion reach Florida? I'm kinda ignorant about this topic so I don't know.
You'll be dealing with death by starvation instead. Basically everyone in North America would die, and the rest of the world would be struggling.

But don't worry, Yellowstone is unlikely to erupt in our lifetimes, and if it does there's nothing you or I can do about it besides enjoying the time we have. Focus instead on the apocalypses we can deal with like climate change.

Shredderi

Not scared in the slightest. If it does erupt in our lifetimes then we will finally witness the rise of true, real life superheros who will save us. If not then I will just pretend that the volcano and the following apocalypse is the work of the "civilization ending beast" from Infamous. One way or another I will be a part of a comic book/videogame happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom