• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can get unlimited Shadow of War loot boxes on PC with cheats

telasoman

I thought the gold chests were the online ones and silver was offline???

Its more like Gold Chests require gold currency to purchase, which costs Real World Money. And Silver Chests require in game currency to purchase. However, both require you to access the Market which requires you to be connected to the WB servers.

MUnited83

For you.

Gold chest require currency that can only be aqquired online (through daily challenges and the like). Silver currency can be gotten offline throughout the game without issues offline, but you need to be online to get a chest.

Also, meanwhile

There's a cheat engine table that allows you to change the stats of your orcs. Also, one of the features in testing is the spawning of legendary orcs.

Parfait

Gold chest require currency that can only be aqquired online (through daily challenges and the like). Silver currency can be gotten offline throughout the game without issues offline, but you need to be online to get a chest.

Also, meanwhile

There's a cheat engine table that allows you to change the stats of your orcs. Also, one of the features in testing is the spawning of legendary orcs.

Daily challenges in a single player game is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

Audioboxer

Its more like Gold Chests require gold currency to purchase, which costs Real World Money. And Silver Chests require in game currency to purchase. However, both require you to access the Market which requires you to be connected to the WB servers.

Also, meanwhile

Ah okay I understand now. What that kind of means is the boxes are both online only? Meaning even trying to cheat with the silver ones offline could get you banned? (ignoring pirated copies which I gathered can't go online in the first place).

As you posted if they get Orc stat editing and spawning it doesn't really matter if you can go online anyway.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

When I open silver chests it's immediate whereas when I open Gold and the Spoils of War chests I receive take a bit longer.

Mind you, I've only opened one Gold chest. I did the challenge that netted you 500g and 2 dailies that were 50g and I opened a blue chest.

Parfait

Spelunky, for one. Lots of roguelikes, puzzle games, and Games with procedurally generated levels have them.

OH yeah, I completely forgot about those, though it seems more fair for those. I think Crypt of the Necrodancer had a few too, now that you've reminded me.

This seems to be on another level though. What does doing them in Spelunky get you, a spot on a leaderboard? This is for actual ingame content which seems kinda sketch to me. Every day you don't go and do that challenge is a day of progression lost forever unless it has some form of catch up.

All it reminds me of is doing stuff like Capping valor points each week or something, not really a feeling i want when Im doin singleplayer. So yeah, it's still a ridiculous thing, just not so much for other games where it's not a progress gate.

MUnited83

For you.
What games? I can't recall any that I've played that don't have any multiplayer components.

Spelunky, Olli Olli, Binding of Isaac.
Shadow of War has online components btw.
Ah okay I understand now. What that kind of means is the boxes are both online only? Meaning even trying to cheat with the silver ones offline could get you banned? (ignoring pirated copies which I gathered can't go online in the first place).

As you posted if they get Orc stat editing and spawning it doesn't really matter if you can go online anyway.
I don't think they will ban anyone for cheating. At worst, I think they might shuffle some memory values around with each patch to make people have to find them again, but I don't think they will ever ban anyone. It's not like they make any money on the silver boxes.

Top Bottom