• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have a room with space for three arcade machines...

Robin64

..which three would you pick?

Assume we're talking originals here and no MAME in a case setups. Three genuine original arcade units, from any era, fully working. What's your dream trio?

First, I'd have to have an F-Zero AX Deluxe cabinet. GX is one of my favourite games of all time, so having this thing would be sublime. If it came working with the cards it had, and the GameCube memory card stuff, even better! This would be a showpiece.

xWKKwAh.jpg

You'd also need something for multiplayer, and this is a tough one. But ideally I want four players, and rushing beats lend themselves well to that. I'll probably go for The Simpsons, as cliche as that may be, this would be a blast.

And then I think finally I'd need a gimmick machine, something only the arcades could offer. And then I think back to my childhood and one thing always comes up in my mind: Prop Cycle. Namco doing what Namco do and making a wonderful arcade experience, blowing wind in your face as you cycle through the skies. This is where it's at, this is why I went to arcades.

These three would make a great little arcade room, but what do you guys want in yours?

Revan

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game
Mortal Kombat (the first one)
Daytona USA.

Will add pics later - at work.

Daytona usa- this should be a must for most racing fans.

Donkey komg- many games are better but this is absurd classic.

Street Fighter 2

.Not sure if this would be my definitive list. Would likely be different tomorrow... sega games or something old 2d Capcom stuff or something

DedValve

Banned
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Maybe a Daytona or other racing game
Time Crisis 3

EDIT: Scratch Time crisis 3 for that jurassic park game.

GuyKazama

NBA Jam or Blitz 99
NEO-GEO
California Speed, or Sega Super GT if double cabs allowed

I had a Simpsons Arcade machine once, but it got boring quickly. Lesson was to have games with infinite replayability, like sports or fighting.

Ouroboros

9916-1680_time-crisis-2-deluxe.jpg

I loved TC2 growing up and even bought it for the PS2 when it was ported...never ever gets old.
marvel_vs__capcom_2_arcade_by_reddragon162.jpg

Always took me for a ride every quarter...
17rxkzru67oetjpg.jpg

I always played xmen arcade when i went to my local comic book store, sluggers, with my Dad. Played this all the time...so many memories.

edited with quotes.

Roubjon

3rd Strike because it's the best fighting game ever.

Whatever the most popular Beatmania IIDX cabinet is because it's the best rhythm game ever.

Metal Slug 3 because it's the best 2d arcade shooter ever

I would spend so much time in that room...

Another fan of Prop Cycle - aw yisss.

My three would be WWF WrestleFest, Prop Cycle, and Silver Strike Bowling 2009. It hurt me to leave Sunset Riders and Psycho Soldier off this list, BTW. I love, love, love those games at the arcade.

1) Ms. Pacman
2) Vanguard
3) Four player Gauntlet or X-men

Wait. Editing mine.

3rd would be D&D Shadow Over Mystara or Tower of Doom.

FTF

TMNT
Super SF2 Turbo
Neogeo w/metal slug 3 and Samurai Showdown 2 (cheating a bit but not a 4 slot neogeo at least)

KC-Slater

1. Naomi Universal Cab with Marvel VS Capcom 2 (which I am lucky enough to own)

2. Datyona USA Twin

or

2b. Outrun 2 Twin

Shifty

Third Strike
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
Outrun 2 SP

Took me way longer than it should have to think up that last one.

Experien

Star Wars: Battle Pod
Aliens: Extermination (or whatever the light-gun game is)
F-Zero: AX

I'd love to have the Konami AvP arcade game or X-Men but you can just have an emulator so controllers work well.

bobone

Outrun
House of the Dead 2
Tekken 3

If I was younger and still had the neighborhood friends to play with, it would be:
Street Figther 2
TMNT
The Simpsons

MrChom

Fist of the North Star

House of the Dead

And then it's a tough decision.....do I go for Super Pang or Sunset Riders?

Sunset Riders, I think.

Top Bottom