• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You have a room with space for three arcade machines...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
- Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (or X3 vs. 2nd Mix, but I would have to check the track list on that)
- beatmania IIDX Pendual
- Theatre of Magic pinball.

If pinball doesn't count I would get a candy cab with a six slot MVS: Metal Slug, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Windjammers, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and Blazing Star.

Soul Caliber 3 Arcade Updated version (this is a version that fixed all the glitches added some more character options and something else iirc definitive version and is something that I've always wanted to play, maybe even find a way to rip it into something else for future play)

SC3AE is actually a very very good game. People can hate on the PS2 version as much as they like, but they can't hate on the entry as a whole unless they've played the arcade version. I wish we could have gotten a re-release of this under the greatest hits labeling.

Aaron D.

m9ObDq1.png
k2A0zrl.jpg
yUuWX3w.png

Exuro

I've really wanted to own a gauntlet legends cabinet, so definitely that. Then probably Turtles in Time and Rush 2049

So here's my games:
-Robotron 2084
-Sunset Riders
-TMNT: Turtles in Time

I'm going to cheat a little as these are my runner ups:
-Cadillac's and Dinosaurs
-Saturday Night Slam Masters
-The House of the Dead 2

D&D shadows over mystara or whatever it was called.

Virtual on (only if two linked cabs count as one)

Silent scope

And in case my VO doesn't apply.... Likely somethin akin to robotron/gauntlet

Bladelaw

Marvel vs. Capcom, House of the Dead 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I REALLY want to add a Shmup (Raiden Project) but such is the price of only three slots.

Gauntlet:Legends so hard. Time Killers (loved it as a kid) and probably DDR (I forget which one exactly but it had a lot of jPop and was circa 2004-2005)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
3 x Sega Rally (2?). So I can have link-up parties with my friends... oh, right. :'(

(Just kidding. I do have some friends.)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OutRun 2 SP Deluxe
F-Zero AX MONSTER RIDE
Ridge Racer V Arcade Battle

1. Galaga / Ms. Pac-Man combo cabinet.

It's a real cabinet, not a MAME-type custom job:

2. VS. Super Mario Bros.

Back in the day, I spent a lot of time on this game, and mastered it before I had an NES. When I did get an NES, I was disappointed that its version of Super Mario Bros was easier than the arcade version.

3. I think I'll have to steal the OP's answer and take that sweet F-Zero AX cabinet.

galvatron

Neo Geo Candy cab with 4-slot
Street fighter 2 : World Warrior
Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram

I have 2 of the 3, with VO:OT just being too impractically large and too obscure to have many people who would actually play against me. Honorable mention to Street Fighter 4 just because vewlix cabs are beautiful.

Man, tough choice.
For pure nostalgia it'd be:

Mortal Kombat II

Third Strike (on a Megalo 50 or a VS cab)

Then either SF2 WW or X-Men Vs SF. Or KoF '98. Am I allowed a Neo-Geo multi-game cab?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Bubble Bobble
Simpsons Arcade
Virtua Racing (If it's not too big. Do they make a stand up version or are they all sit down with the large shell?

As much as I'd want deluxe cabinets of Afterburner Climax and Ferrari 355 Challenge, I should probably pick stuff I can't already play at home, so...

-Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
-Sega Super GT
-Daytona USA 2: Power Edition

i picked BG too 👍🏼
went 3tb over 5fs tho as I've got a soft spot for it

If we're being honest, I probably could/would swap FS out for Evo or FT, the former because it's goddamned Evo and FT because I've never gotten to play it.

But, then, I have Evo on PS2 and FS on 360 and PS3... so FT would probably be the thing to stick with. That and for all the fun stuff and general improvements made to FS, I still feel like the 4 series, particularly Evo and FT, are more balanced.

Malice215

Feels like I'm going down memory lane in this thread. 3 arcade machines is a tough choice.

Soulcalibur III Arcade edition
Initial D
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Yeah, F-Zero AX is a good choice. I'll take that, a Neo Geo MVS with SamSho, KoF, Garou, and Metal Slug, and finally...

...uh. Maybe Star Wars Arcade? Always loved that thing, but I feel like I'd get bored quickly if I could play it anytime. I love Initial D, but I've already got a racer with F-Zero...

Oh! Raiden Fighters 2 Jet. There was one on the ferry here for years, I probably fed that single machine at least $100 over the course of my life. That's gotta be #3.

GhaleonEB

My tastes are frozen to when I managed an arcade after high school for a couple years.

-Smash TV

-The Ninja Warriors

-Raiden II

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
1. Neo-Geo MVS: This gives a huge variety of great games (KOF, Metal Slug, etc)
2. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: I mean... come on
3. Daytona USA: DO-Do-DO-DO-DO-Do-DO-DO-Do-Dooo-dooo! Daaaytooonnnaaaa!

Ikon

Limiting this to just three is actually tougher than I'd thought. Let's see here:

Outrun 2: I can play this game forever. I love the music to death and the drifting feels better than any other gameplay element ever has to me.

Time Crisis 2: My most played arcade game. Managed to beat it on one credit as a kid and would like to attempt it again.

Third Strike: Best fighting game of all time. Would treasure this arcade cabinet more than any other worldly possession.

But that leaves me without DJ Max Technika and I can't have that so... To hell with Time Crisis, I guess I've got enough enjoyment out of that thing.

Top Bottom